WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Girls Who Ride (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=195511)
-   -   Anyone ride the HL Eden or Syn yet? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240305)

sacb52 07-11-2005 8:06 PM

Hey I am looking at buying a new board and plan on demoing both first but I wanted to see what anyone else had to say about the Hyperlite Eden 130cm or the Syn 132cm. Just looking for info from anyone that either has one or has tried one out and how either felt on the water... Right now I ride a 133 and I am 5ft 2in and 110lbs so I think both boards would be an ok size but I ride with all guys so I don't get to hear a lot about chick boards and what not... Anyone got some info for me?

wakeboarddad01 07-14-2005 5:07 PM

My daughter was riding a hyperlite divine 134 and we switched to the new hyperlite eden 125 last month. She can turn the board quicker for her 360's and she can rotate better in her invert because it's a smaller board. She is 5'5 120 lbs and is pretty good. You might want to consider this board as it is a three stage rocker and she likes it better that the divine.....

txwakeboardchick 03-25-2008 7:58 PM

I've got the Syn 132 and it's incredibly fast and is one of the best boards I've ridden on---although the Melissa 134 is a close 2nd. <BR> <BR>Good luck! PS the hyperlite noise bindings rock with the Syn board

criswb 03-26-2008 6:58 AM

I've tried both, I owned the state which is the same as the eden. It is a great board to learn on and progress, has plenty of pop, it has "toeside help" which is always good. The syn I haven't ridden much, but when I did I thought "my God, this is a heavy board!" And it is faster than the Eden, so that may help you decide as well. I thought with both landings were ok, but not on the softer side <BR> <BR>I currently ride the LF Jett 132 with transit bindings. A setup that I love. It has tons of pop, super soft landings and it is not really really fast, though you can get it to go very fast if you want it to. Oh, and it's super light.

criswb 03-26-2008 12:05 PM

I just looked at this year's Syn. I haven't tried that one, the new mold, which seems a lot like the 2007 Murray board. What I have tried is the 2007 Syn, which is now the Opal.

wakechic82 03-26-2008 2:25 PM

Not to take over the thread, I was looking at either the syn, blur or LF Jett. I don't like a fast board, I prefer more pop, so I will probably rule the syn out, but has anyone ridden the blur? How does the Jett compare with all of these? I have the Eden now and I love it. It's not a fast board and I think that is why I feel like I have good control, and it has great pop. But for some reason I am itching for a new board. I am 5'7" weight 125 and I am riding a 130, is that board too small? <BR> <BR>(Message edited by wakechic82 on March 26, 2008)

pvsawyer 03-26-2008 6:32 PM

I'm 5'0" and 105 lbs. I used to ride the syn 132. The size was perfect for me (I personally prefer to ride on a bigger board). The syn was pretty good. I'm a cable rider, so I can't tell you about my experience with it behind the boat, but I can say that it is extremely durable and built well. It lasted through a years worth of rail riding. I also learned air tricks on that board. It is fast and holds a strong edge. <BR> <BR>I currently ride the 130 LF Team board (It's the same shape as the LF Angel). I'd recommend this board over the syn- It has a progressive rocker, but it really gives me some pop due to the extended full tail shape. Also, it has removable fins (molded in fins wear away and therefore the board loses traction).