WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Lipsmack (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793378)

simplej 05-15-2012 7:27 AM

Lipsmack

welp, i just downloaded and watched lipsmack, and it blows defy out of the water! its such a fun film that makes me just wanna go out and ride! hope you all get chance to see it.

05-15-2012 7:30 AM

Where did you download?

thescott 05-15-2012 8:56 AM

Not sure where else its available, but it's on iTunes

http://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/lipsmack/id524821405

dyost 05-15-2012 9:29 AM

I'm sitting on an airplane right now, just downloaded to iPhone and gonna check it out on my flight. It looks killer from the teasers though.

ghettofab 05-15-2012 11:08 AM

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/42074191" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

scbrips 05-15-2012 11:48 AM

Purchased HD version via iTunes. GREAT film. Very refreshing. Highly recommend.

juniorhawk 05-15-2012 1:26 PM

Who's Ferrari is that?
I have to know.

That video looks incredible. The shot with someone popping out over a kicker, in a backdrop where you see no water and it looks like they are in a motocross field. I have never seen anything like it. Absolutely amazing.

In the trailer, I am amazed at the level of zeach-ness happening at 1:04. I don't know who that is but wow... thaz-sum-zeach if I know what zeach even is (which I may not). Cool exit off the pipe/bar though.

ghettofab 05-15-2012 1:43 PM

The Ferrari is a 360 Modena owned by Jeff Mckee's dad.

Stoked you guys like the film.

fgcuwake 05-15-2012 5:14 PM

I also just got the vid on itunes, and its raw! Really brings back the FUN feeling that older vids used to bring. Soo much creativity and ingenuity! I'd recommend it.

05-15-2012 6:02 PM

Erik, you dont know what zeaching is. Im pretty sure most wakeboarders use that term way incorrectly....

By the way, I just watched Lipsmack and it was amazing. The rail riding completly blew my mind. How in the world does Nate Perry ollie shoulder high onto a skinny handrail??? I have never seen anything like it before. Banger after Banger after Banger. The riding in this movie is what all wakeboarders should strive for and be inspired by.

yorwakebordfrend 05-15-2012 6:09 PM

zeaching came from snowboarders and just started getting used by wakeboarders most who dont know what they're talking about. Zeach is when someones all improper and **** on a rail.. like not parallel with the rail on a nosepress or not perfect 90 degrees and front boards and boardslides. spinning while on a rail is zeach too believe that. learn from snowboarding yall dont spin while on a rail... ****s ugly

ghettofab 05-15-2012 6:14 PM

Zeaching Smeachinnnng. Last thing we were worried about when filming for Lipsmack was zeach police. We did whatever we wanted and had fun doing that. People are way to serious about wakeboarding sometimes...

yorwakebordfrend 05-15-2012 6:19 PM

yeah its all about having fun fahsho.... zeaching is just uglier than proper lol

yorwakebordfrend 05-15-2012 6:22 PM

1:04 definitely isnt a zeach thats just pretty much dope

simplej 05-15-2012 6:23 PM

omg you guys do not properly understand the zeach. the zeach is not a swivel, it is not a crooked nosepress. its when you end up in limbo between a boardslide and 5050, boardslides gotta stay 90, 50 50s on the bolts. anything else is fair game

yorwakebordfrend 05-15-2012 6:29 PM

aka exactly what i said

logan 05-15-2012 8:28 PM

you guys are tool bags, if you don't like what somebody does on a rail then fine but who is the end all be all of what looks good and what doesn't? get bent.

yorwakebordfrend 05-15-2012 8:42 PM

spoken like a true zeach master

ghettofab 05-15-2012 9:29 PM

Lets not turn this thread into a Zeach debate haha.

Back to Lipsmack? Whos seen it? What did you think? What your was your favorite section? Favorite Rider?

bschall 05-15-2012 9:52 PM

Lipsmack was dope. hella funny when the 2.0 was hooked to the chair. My favorite section was all of the land gaps and how it started off with a crash reel. There needed to be more footy of the yacht/sports fishing boat. that wake looked huge

yorwakebordfrend 05-15-2012 10:07 PM

all the shredtown **** was dope..!

logan 05-15-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yorwakebordfrend (Post 1752101)
spoken like a true zeach master

see the funny thing is wake boarding, or any board sport for that matter is about self expression. So there really is no right or wrong way to do anything, but I salute you for being so c0re.

bschall 05-15-2012 10:11 PM

how long until you think itll take this thread to turn into people getting angry over vestless riders?

logan 05-15-2012 10:16 PM

or before somebody recommends an MB?

yorwakebordfrend 05-15-2012 10:20 PM

im not hating that you like to zeach man no worries thats your thing.. you can grab tindy as well but have fun getting published in a mag

logan 05-15-2012 10:27 PM

I don't normally let a dip**** have the last word but I'm too tired to argue.

Back to Lipsmack, what does everybody think?

cheesydog 05-16-2012 1:18 AM

damn lipsmack looks good! Going to download now

Oh and seriously can the zeach crap just go away and die already? I dont know a single pro rider who is supporting it, it seems to be mainly made up of try hards with nothing better to do than judge other riders.

ghettofab 05-16-2012 8:40 AM

Ya cheesy!

logan 05-16-2012 8:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesydog (Post 1752121)
damn lipsmack looks good! Going to download now

Oh and seriously can the zeach crap just go away and die already? I dont know a single pro rider who is supporting it, it seems to be mainly made up of try hards with nothing better to do than judge other riders.

This.

yorwakebordfrend 05-16-2012 9:05 AM

plenty of pro riders support it. its just a rule haha if it aint 90 it aint proper. i guess none of yall snowboard or you would understand the concept a lot better

logan 05-16-2012 9:10 AM

or we just aren't douche bags, back to lipsmack.

yorwakebordfrend 05-16-2012 9:17 AM

or just have no respect for the sport or how it's portrayed

logan 05-16-2012 9:26 AM

enough try hard c0reness, back to lipsmack.

05-16-2012 12:10 PM

I vote Oli Derome rider of the year

yorwakebordfrend 05-16-2012 1:28 PM

how bout the very beginning when i think andrew adams it is comes off to the right on the incline bar and nails that big ass red ball... i was like zaaaaayum

jburbo 05-16-2012 1:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyost (Post 1751948)
I'm sitting on an airplane right now, just downloaded to iPhone and gonna check it out on my flight. It looks killer from the teasers though.

im going to do the same thing, heading to MI for a demo and it will give me something to watch on the plane!

logan 05-16-2012 5:13 PM

Any chance this could go on Google Play?

dyost 05-16-2012 9:08 PM

Movie was great, really my only negative is that I'm still a big fan of showcasing an individual rider by each having their own segment. Seems recent films arent going that way (Rewritten, DEFY, Lipsmack) though so guess ill have to adjust.... I'm usually very bored with rail vids, but the rail sections in this flick had an awesome variety of creative stuff, plus a lot of monster kicker hits thrown in the mix. I was kinda worried this would be a little rail heavy, but thats not really the case, or at least it's fresh enough that it doesn't feel that way.

Soundtrack was good except for the rap track, good variety of different styles.

Super impressed by Oli's riding and Jeff Mckee's style, don't see enough of these guys on the internet vids. All riders in the vid took some pretty impressive risk with the gaps and rail hits.

All in all i think it came out great, definitely worth the $12.99 download and I've already watched it three times.

05-16-2012 9:48 PM

http://www.alliancewake.com/wp-conte...03/COVER-2.jpg
Quote:

Originally Posted by yorwakebordfrend (Post 1752115)
im not hating that you like to zeach man no worries thats your thing.. you can grab tindy as well but have fun getting published in a mag

yorwakebordfrend 05-16-2012 9:51 PM

ahaha damn... good look on that one.. dont you just kinda cringe when you see that though

05-16-2012 9:58 PM

LOL. For me I like seeing zeaches, but I dont really care if its wrong in someone elses eyes. For me I like seeing the sport as more of ones expression. Right or wrong, I do like seeing stuff like that because its different. I just read through the thread from where i left off yesterday and I sough your comment and it made me think of this mag issue. Its all in good fun.

501s 05-16-2012 10:28 PM

Lipsmack rules. Its seriously a video that the industry needs. Ever trick isn't a 900 or 1080 without a grab. So many of the wakeboarding tricks are slow styled out spins or flips. It seems like every trick is grabbed off the wake. Rail sections are turbo! Its only $12! Get it!

05-16-2012 10:34 PM

BTW I loved the video. My only disappointment was that when it got to the end, I wanted more.

tke104 05-17-2012 7:12 AM

For anyone who downloaded it on iTunes, is it all DRMed up? Or can I watch it without iTunes or and iOS device?

brett33 05-17-2012 7:35 AM

Bought it yesterday and love it. Tons of creativity, style and sketchy hits. Just the way it should be. Props to these guys, everyone was killing it.

boardjnky4 05-17-2012 7:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yorwakebordfrend (Post 1752405)
ahaha damn... good look on that one.. dont you just kinda cringe when you see that though

A zeach is when you get stuck between a boardslide and 50-50 or when you cannot hold your boardslide/50-50.... that is not a zeach, it's actually a DOPE nose press. Not every rail trick needs to be EXACTLY straight or 90*. That notion is just ridiculous and hampers the style of riding.

dave23 05-17-2012 7:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logan (Post 1752355)
Any chance this could go on Google Play?

I'm curious if this will happen as well. I'd much rather buy it off of Google Play than Itunes.

logan 05-17-2012 9:03 AM

I think it is safe to say that Lipsmack is the best representation of wake boarding is truly about, I've never had so much fun watching a wake vid. Thanks to Patrick and Slingshot for showing all the other film makers that you don't need a 3 year project, secret lakes and an stupid budget to make an awesome film. I hope this will bring other brands back in to the wake feature game. Lipsmack is the best wake video I have ever seen, hands down. It makes wake boarding fun, it is as top notch as sling's product. I would expect no less from this group of guys. Great job!

seth 05-17-2012 9:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tke104 (Post 1752459)
For anyone who downloaded it on iTunes, is it all DRMed up? Or can I watch it without iTunes or and iOS device?

Yeah it is. I was trying to break the DRM last night so I could burn it to DVD and watch on my TV, and I couldnt figure it out. It was the first time I had tried to do something like this. Does anyone recommend a good program to convert DRM?

ghettofab 05-17-2012 11:26 AM

Lipsmack will be on Google, Xbox, Netflix, DVD and Playstation + more very soon. We will let you guys know.

Super pumped everyone liked the video so far!

Keep it going. Lets hear your favorite rail or part of the movie!

brett33 05-17-2012 12:03 PM

wakesurf drop in off the jet ski.

logan 05-17-2012 12:07 PM

Naked paddle boarder drive by

501s 05-17-2012 9:42 PM

The DRM is a real bummer. I want to watch it on my TV too, and tried a wack of removal programs with no luck. That is definitley the only complaint, that there is itunes protection. The movie itself, one of the best.

johnny_defacto 05-17-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yorwakebordfrend (Post 1752405)

nope. That is a legit crooked nosepress. IMO crooked presses look better than a straight press, whether snowboarding or wakeboarding. I do however prefer grabs in between the bindings or at the tip or tail only (no tindy or nelan or tailfish...etc) but I will never spot someone for doing it. I also think board slides look best at 90 when snowboarding or wakeboarding, but I will never "cringe" if it isn't done "proper". My opinion, just like yours, means nothing. I think this zeaching thing is lame, go do the trick the way you want it done and leave it alone.

back to lipsmack, loved it, good mix of boat and rails, and I appreciated all the variety of rails and I loved the gap at the end. sick.

simplej 05-18-2012 6:04 AM

Shut up about the Zeaxh we aren't snowboarding, zach leach doesn't wakeboard.

I think my favorite section was the opening wake riding part, the song and all different spots and styles were awesome. The only part I didn't absolutely love was the Germany section, but that was still great, great great film.

flydenrict 05-18-2012 8:29 AM

My two favorite parts were:

The opening wake section when the riders were doing very similar grabs. Like the consecutive shots of them all doing methods, then poked stalefishes, etc.

The innovation with rails (obviously). For too long "innovation" just meant a different combination of up, flat, down sections or length/height of a rail. They complaetley opened the door by building A BRICK WALL and grinding it with wax and a pool set up at an actual stairset and handrail for example. They also mixed up the tricks beyond just different combinations of spinning into and out of tricks. The humpdy hump rail looked so fun, especially when McKee front boards through the whole thing. The whole thing gave off the same vibe as the Raph Derome rail video that came out last year.

ghettofab 05-18-2012 6:43 PM

Sick! Stoked on all the response.

We will have a ton left over footage for web videos coming soon.

logan 05-19-2012 1:01 AM

McKee is way more on my radar after Lipsmack, I think I was most impressed by him. Let's all just say what we haven't yet but have all been thinking, this video absolutely destroys DEFY. I liked DEFY I thought it had some cool editing, but it didn't make me want to ride. Videos for me that have done that are: Relentless, The Truth, Push Process and Welcome. Patrick, you have definitely put your name up there with the big boys after this vid, if we can't get any more Justin Stephens videos for awhile, I'm not going to complain as long as you keep this stuff coming. Now I want one of those hats and a decal where do I buy them!

ghettofab 05-19-2012 3:25 PM

I hope everyone gets the chance to check out lipsmack. We need everyone's help to keep more moving coming. Tell your friends tell everyone. Download the movie and help keep wakeboard movies coming in the future. Because right now it's really hard to make these movies happen.

simplej 05-20-2012 7:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logan (Post 1752952)
McKee is way more on my radar after Lipsmack, I think I was most impressed by him. Let's all just say what we haven't yet but have all been thinking, this video absolutely destroys DEFY. I liked DEFY I thought it had some cool editing, but it didn't make me want to ride. Videos for me that have done that are: Relentless, The Truth, Push Process and Welcome. Patrick, you have definitely put your name up there with the big boys after this vid, if we can't get any more Justin Stephens videos for awhile, I'm not going to complain as long as you keep this stuff coming. Now I want one of those hats and a decal where do I buy them!

Umm i said it crushes defy in my first post

logan 05-20-2012 10:33 PM

http://musformation.com/pics/surprise-no-one-cares.jpg

wiscxstar 05-21-2012 12:25 PM

I agree, Lipsmack is a great vid! I downloaded it last week and I have watched it several times since then, it is really a refreshing look at wakeboarding.

flydenrict 05-21-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

McKee is way more on my radar after Lipsmack, I think I was most impressed by him.
I've always liked Jeff McKee and am pumped for his sections in any video that comes out. This summer I'm going to learn his switch and regular shifty back 1's (at least try!)

Did anyone else want to see more Jeff House? I can only recall just a couple clips of him but maybe I'm wrong? His knee was all better during filming right? His wrapped noegrab back 5 is unreal

ghettofab 05-21-2012 12:59 PM

Jeff blew out his opposite knee on our second film trip in Knoxville riding behind the big boat you see in the movie.

Really sucked to not have him for the entire filming. He went on one trip to Washington but hes doing better now and getting back on the water.

Jeff Mckee also had back surgery in the middle of filming for lipsmack so he was on the hurt list for a while.

So stoked on all the response so far. Not one bad comment.

MrPeepers 05-21-2012 1:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettofab (Post 1753325)
So stoked on all the response so far. Not one bad comment.

Looks Gouda.
http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/...erly/gouda.jpg

fgcuwake 05-21-2012 3:06 PM

O dirty cracker, will you tell us who you are beneath your scraggly beard and wife beater? jk but seriously, just curious with all your inside scoops on slingshot.

ghettofab 05-21-2012 3:24 PM

@FGCUWake I'm Patrick Wieland. I might of made Lipsmack or something.

logan 05-21-2012 3:31 PM

^^ still no hats!

ghettofab 05-21-2012 8:05 PM

Logan email me. I got you. Patrick@alliancewake.com

dave23 05-22-2012 9:58 AM

What's the ETA for when this might come to Google Play? I want to buy this, but I don't want to go through iTunes or get a physical copy.

ghettofab 05-22-2012 11:17 AM

David ill try to find out.

For everyone else interested Slingshot will have Lipsmack Hats, Shirts and other swag up on their site soon. As well as just Slingshot hats.

newmy79 05-22-2012 12:43 PM

Just watched the film on my lunch break and enjoyed it. Nice job.

geistwatersportscom 05-22-2012 1:50 PM

Patrick........Great Wakeboard Video.....awesome soundtrack! After watching this several times now I have really committed to get some more "legit" grabs worked into my bag of tricks!

Prestoooooo 05-22-2012 2:00 PM

Did anyone see the orange or blue rads that shredtown and mckee were wearing? Do you think slingshot just made some special edition boots for the riders or do you think they could have dyed them somehow? I watch the video everyday before I ride, or atleast a few parts of it.

ghettofab 05-22-2012 3:48 PM

They actually spray painted the RADs different colors. Prestoooo

Thanks Geist and Newmy!

wakerider111 05-24-2012 10:38 PM

got an email about a premier showing that was titled "Lipstick premier..."
we all make our share of spelling mistakes, but i thought it was great for laughs

kyle_L 05-26-2012 4:08 PM

well DC for all of the years of arguments we had on WS.com, I bow my hat to you buddy!! Well done sir, well done!! Been on a hiatus from riding for the past year or so because of work but it is time to get back out and shred. I cannot believe i am saying this but Patrick Wieland has inspired me!

adamsilcio 05-26-2012 8:09 PM

i've watched this movie about 20 times so far.

fgcuwake 05-27-2012 12:11 PM

kudos patrick! I am responding to your response a few up. I always enjoy your short edits and you were due a full one!

Frozenwhite 05-27-2012 5:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettofab (Post 1753626)
David ill try to find out.

For everyone else interested Slingshot will have Lipsmack Hats, Shirts and other swag up on their site soon. As well as just Slingshot hats.

Will they ship to the UK?