WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Tower speaker options (Roswell,Krypt,Wetsounds) (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780160)

Luker 06-02-2010 7:47 AM

Tower speaker options (Roswell,Krypt,Wetsounds)

Posting for a friend who's choosing between Roswell Quad spins, Krypt 8'' comprission drivers, and the Wetsounds 3some. Thoughts and opinions?

ldr 06-02-2010 8:08 AM

If on a budget I would say that the Krypts are the best choice. Overall sound I would say the 3some and just behind the 3some I would put the roswell. If you were comparing between the Roswells and pro 80's I would go for the Roswells just because of the spin and the look. I haven't heard them but from what i've read they are very nice.

I'm sure others with more first hand experience will chime in.

wetsounds1 06-02-2010 8:34 AM

where is your freind located at? Best thing to do is give us a call at 877-938-7757 and see if there is a dealer near by that he can go listen some systems. The ones you listed are really apples to oranges. The 3-Some is going to give amazing output and volume and offers the 485 in the center with dual mid bass 8 inch drivers and a large center compression driver with the 80's on the outside with our ProAxial 8 inch driver. All are designed as a unit and a complete package.

Roswell makes very nice product. But the speaker system he is looking at is a car audio based system. So not apples to oranges comparing to the Pro Audio in the 3-Some. They are a great looking system for in and around the boat sound. So find out if he is wanting tower speakers for the rider or for the people in the boat.

As for the rest, my suggestion is have him do some research on not only the products he is interested in but the companies behind the products. Remember you are not buying just a speaker but the company behind the speaker. After the sale support, warranty, system design help and troubleshooting and long term stability.

Tim
Wet Sounds

ALWakePEACE 06-02-2010 10:44 AM

Preciate you makin that post for me Luker. Tim, I am the guy he was referring to. I was at work and was a little skeptical about getting on the forums on the companies bandwith... I have a Nautique 211 and right now I have rubicons. They aren't loud at all and their clarity is pretty bad... I have heard nothing but goodthings about the wet sound 3some. I just want something clear and something that is able to be heard from a rider standpoint. I'm not concerned with making sure it's good for people riding in the boat. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Peace

dohboy 06-02-2010 8:54 PM

I had a threesome on my last boat. Absolutely no problem with the sound getting to the rider, and then some. The way the 485 has the speakers turned out lets you hear the sound out past the wake as well. Of the three its a no brainer- WetSounds!

mendo247 06-02-2010 8:56 PM

umm yeah im not seeing any options... Just a clear answer...

UNvisible 06-02-2010 9:13 PM

another vote for wet sounds. Tims/West Sounds customer service is top notch.. Weird, I dont see the owner and designer of Krypt posting on wake world constantly... But tim manages to reply to any wet sound post here almost instantly.

tro 06-02-2010 9:21 PM

Wetsounds makes killer speakers and their customer service is second to none - as evidenced by Tim's frequent responses on here, Gyver's tech support, and their great sales staff. there isn't much of a decision. the 3 some is the way to go.

aces6692 06-02-2010 10:24 PM

peace which rubicons are you running? my friend is looking into getting the 350's or 325's, i heard a pair of them last year and they sounded pretty clear and were very loud, granted the boat had 12 of them on his tower haha.

ALWakePEACE 06-03-2010 6:07 AM

Ryan I have the Rubicon 325's. I only have two pair of them and they are the older models which have 2 identical 6.5" speakers and 2 tweets per pair. So in all it is 4 6.5" and 4 tweets. I have a 1000 watt clarion pushing those and originally the amp was set to an emergency cut off in case the speakers were in fear of blowing but after talking directly with Skylon, they said take it off and blare them cause they wont blow. Needless to say it made them much louder but still not loud or clear enough to hear while riding. I can see how 12 could make a difference though.

Thanks for your help though guys, I can see that Wet Sounds has a lot of supporters. Should be an easy decision from here on out.

hatepain 06-03-2010 12:42 PM

Just as others have said its pretty much like choosing a fat kid against Usain Bolt in a foot race if you were to choose anything other than the WS's. If you are consindering the Krypts at least get the real deal and buy Bullets.

UN, I'm preaty sure Ken either feels as though he has worn out his welcome here or has been banned. He hasn't been around for a while and when he was cought a lot of schitt for his knock off tactics.

mikeski 06-03-2010 6:20 PM

Peace,

I have two Wetsounds pro485s on my 211 since 2006 and I am still happy with them, just repainted them as a matter of fact. I doubt I would make a different choice if I started over. I was up at Lake Tahoe last summer talking to a guy with a Centurion with four Rubi 325's. He played his system, I played mine, then he said he wished his speakers sounded as good and were as loud as mine. Skylon is pretty close to the bottom of my speaker list based on how my friends Skylons have performed.

hatepain 06-03-2010 7:25 PM

I think the proof is in the sales pudding. Skylons had a run for a while and a lot of people were using them but they have fallen off big time. That says to me that they weren't putting out a good product or at least a product of equal value and quality as the other major players in the tower speaker game. It's simple give us a good product at fair market value and we will not only buy but rep our product of choice and you just don't/didn't see that with Skylon.

ktm525 06-03-2010 7:59 PM

Wetsounds are the only way i would go. I have the 3-some and 2 pro 60's on our tower with 1300 watts running to it. It is awesome. The customer support from Wetsounds is second to none.Look at this post less than 1 hour and Tim was chiming in. You can't beat that>

widnejr 06-04-2010 7:18 AM

I am running the 3-some and 2 pro 80's and it is stupid loud and crystal clear; the quality is unmatchable.

david_e_m 06-04-2010 8:37 AM

Luker,

Of the three brands and models mentioned they have nothing in common. There is simply no comparison or similarities.

If you want a legit tower speaker with real projection abilities then I would confine my shopping to (in alpha order) Bullet HollowPoints, Exile, NVS and WetSounds. All are supported by good people.

David
Earmark Marine

stuntmonkey 06-04-2010 9:04 AM

Another one for Wetsounds. Tim and the guys not only make amazing sounding speakers but Tim is on nearly every major wakeboat forum and always finds time to reply!

idaho_hillbilly 06-05-2010 9:44 PM

I'm glad I stumbled on this thread! I was just considering adding Wetsound tower speakers to my Sanger V237....now I guess I don't need to CONSIDER anymore. :)