WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through June 17, 2007 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=464977)
-   -   Where can I get Aftermarket Parts for my boat!!! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=463546)

rmdanie 06-15-2007 12:15 PM

Hi all, I just bought my first boat. It is a 2002 Supra Lauch SSV. My question is this. IS there a place that i can buy aftermarket parts for my boat. <BR> <BR>For example: My instrument bezel cover has cracks where the screws fasten it to the dash. Do I have to get a replacement from the dealer or is there a supplier for aftermarket parts like this. <BR> <BR>Another example would be some cracked cup holders in the boat. <BR> <BR>Another example is the bent chrome rail around the swim deck. It just attaches by bolts. Do I have to get this from the dealer. <BR> <BR>Please let me know if there is somewhere I can buy these items other than from the dealer. <BR> <BR>Thanks Very Much, <BR>Ryan

insuranceman 06-15-2007 12:25 PM

ryan, my guess is dealer on the bezel, anywhere on the cupholder (in fact just upgrade to stainless-boaters world, wakeside ect), probably dealer again on the rain on the platform.

rmdanie 06-15-2007 12:43 PM

Thanks insuranceman... <BR> <BR>I am suprised that there is no J.C. Whitney type company that makes aftermarket knockoff parts for all the different boat types. <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>Ryan

dubguy72 06-15-2007 2:06 PM

the factory might have some old stock if not they could point you in the right direction

mobv 06-15-2007 2:24 PM

Very few parts in a boat are brand/manufacture specific so other sources are usually available. Boater World and other retail outlets have access to all the gauge manufactures, rub rails, etc. You just have to search. Sierra distrubutes 1000's of aftermarket items through dealers and retail outlets. Google for a Sierra catalogue.

cinder1995 06-15-2007 2:57 PM

Hey Ryan, I have the same boat and coincidentally the cover around the gauges is cracked and the cupholders were cracked until I just replaced them all with s.s. holders. <BR> <BR>Let me know if you find the gauge cover for that year and where. <BR> <BR>(Message edited by cinder1995 on June 15, 2007)

kerryn2skiing 06-15-2007 3:53 PM

I had the same problem with the dash that surrounds the gauges on our Supreme. We were totally out of luck finding a replacement for the stock dash, it was made out of plastic but it looked like carbon fiber. We ending up making a template out of wood and then we had it covered in black vinyl by a vehicle upholstery guy. Good Luck, Hopefully Supra can hook you up.

rmdanie 06-15-2007 6:22 PM

George, Thanks a lot for the information, I will get started on looking tonight. <BR> <BR>Eric and Kerry, I will keep you posted on the success of my hunt. These are small things but they are the small things that can take years off of the appearance of age if fixed. <BR> <BR>Thanks for all of the responses and keep them coming. <BR> <BR>Peace, <BR>Ryan