WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Ronix Warranty (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802638)

eubanks01 07-07-2014 12:33 PM

Ronix Warranty

Anybody have a better way to contact them? The (206) number on their site just goes to VM. My local shop sent in a warranty issue to them a week ago but they haven't heard from them either.

Thanks!

phathom 07-07-2014 2:29 PM

A week ago, and over a holiday weekend. I wouldn't expect a reply back from most companies within a week of a holiday weekend. There are too many people out on vacation and extended location all over the place. At my work, we have people from last Wednesday up into this Wednesday off. We won't have a full crew again until Thursday and then we're off to cycling through staggered weekends again with everyone being back all hands on deck Next Tuesday. Other than that it's skeleton crew time.

The person who is in charge of the warranty part or the shipping part might not be in, or the right combination of people in at the right time to get back to you yet.
Give it a little time, I'm sure they'll get back to you soon. If you don't hear from them by mid next week then that's when I'd start poking around.

eubanks01 07-07-2014 4:00 PM

Ok, thanks. Just thought I could find a direct line but understand about the holiday. I'm going on a lake vacation this weekend or I wouldn't be in a hurry at all.

hawkeye7708 07-07-2014 4:15 PM

Eubanks-

I'm not completely sure if he's still their Warranty Manager… he may have transitioned to a new role, but Brian Kerley was their manager in mid-late 2012.

Kerley@SquareOneCo.com was his email. Hopefully that helps! They've always been a huge help when I reached out.

-Ben

eubanks01 07-11-2014 9:18 AM

Well, my local shop just called after talking with Ronix and they are not going to warranty my bindings. They claim the one year warranty is from the manufactured date even though I bought them less than a year ago from my local shop.

This seems crazy to me. So if they "manufactured" a 2013 model binding in August of 2012 and then it sits in their warehouse for a while and then goes to your local shop and you buy them in August of 2013, then they are saying they are out of warranty the DAY that you buy them?? I've never had this issue with any of the other major brands.

Time to switch back.

03suprassv 07-11-2014 10:35 AM

That's wrong. I would not buy another ronix product if this is true.

fly135 07-11-2014 10:58 AM

If that's Ronix's official policy it really doesn't speak well for them. I bought a pair of NOS Byerly Boa bindings once really cheap online that fell apart in weeks. I didn't attempt a warranty replacement because the NOS was several years old and I felt that would be unreasonable. But I don't consider this the same at all. In fact it doesn't speak well for the shop if they don't step up to the plate. I bet Performance here in Orlando would have your back in such a situation.

eubanks01 07-11-2014 11:11 AM

I do want to clarify these were the previous year's model, but they were brand new. I always thought the 1 year warranties were from the purchase date and had nothing to do with the date they rolled off the assembly line.

I'm hoping this was a mistake from the warranty person my local shop dealt with, but I don't really know how to proceed from here.

fly135 07-11-2014 1:06 PM

You could take a look at the printed warranty to see if there is a specific claim. I tried to find any Ronix warranty statement online and was unable to find anything. If the warranty is non-specific, such as... "The product is warrantied for 12 months", then I think that implies from the date of sale. Of course forcing the issue is another thing. But if they are that underhanded, then they deserve for this to be publicized. But no point in spreading negative information until you've spoken directly with a representative. Seems like your shop would have pressed the issue a little harder. Kind of diminishes the point of buying local with that shop.

fly135 07-11-2014 1:09 PM

From Hyperlite's site, clear as can be.

"ONE YEAR FROM DATE OF ORIGINAL PURCHASE - WAKEBOARD & WATERSKI BOOTS & BINDINGS"

fly135 07-11-2014 3:00 PM

Just talked with someone tight with Ronix and he says the problem is your shop. Time to talk to the owner IMO.

scuba_steve 07-11-2014 3:16 PM

Sorry, but you need to speak with your local shop.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...937f112560.jpg

behindtheboat 07-13-2014 3:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fly135 (Post 1884405)
Just talked with someone tight with Ronix and he says the problem is your shop. Time to talk to the owner IMO.

As in they didn't actually call, they don't want it to be warrantied, they don't want to deal with the paperwork and work in general?

Is this the shop that still tries to sell 2 year old gear like it's new?

fly135 07-13-2014 5:17 PM

As in an authorized Ronix dealer should stand behind the written warranty. What part of that is so hard to understand? Regardless of age it's still new and the warranty applies. If age is an issue it's between Ronix and their authorized dealer. Why does this confuse you? Having trouble reading the warranty posted above your post?

At this point who knows what happened. Maybe they aren't an authorized dealer. Maybe the guy that handled it failed to understand how to do is job, and never read the warranty cards that are probably all over the shop. Too few details. But if they are an authorized dealer then the problem is clearly with the shop.

behindtheboat 07-13-2014 6:09 PM

"he says the problem is your shop"... I was just asking for further clarification regarding how they are the problem.

jfergus7 07-13-2014 10:06 PM

Gonna have to ask my local shop now about this. Just purchased a One Modello and One boots last week so now you have me wondering.

Shockthis 07-14-2014 4:39 AM

Well did you keep your receipt? The problem is that most people don't keep there receipt and the manufacture always wants one or they will not warranty it. If you did it is not a problem they will give a year from the date of purchase.

fly135 07-14-2014 6:01 AM

A-dub, I just told him that Ronix was getting a black eye on the forum because the shop told him Ronix said the warranty is from the date of manufacturer. And he said the problem was the shop. I think he reps for them. Sorry if my response was over the top. I got the impression that you were a bit incredulous that I would think NOS would be warrantied. My bad.

IIRC Hyperlite requires you to go through your authorized dealer for warranty claims. Not sure if Ronix is the same. I think if my shop told me that the warranty was from the date of manufacture I would immediately ask to see a warranty card on a pair of Ronix boots. Seems strange for a shop to not know that up front, then come back and say that's what Ronix said.

behindtheboat 07-16-2014 3:07 PM

No problem John. Be interesting what the shop has said or done now, or if the warranty has been taken care of.

migs 07-16-2014 3:44 PM

I snapped a Ronix deck last year and it was a 3 year old deck. Ronix sent me a brand new one that same week with just a picture of the deck.
That's been my experience with Ronix at least

Jmaxymek 07-19-2014 11:08 AM

Allow me to try and clear the air here. I work at an authorized Ronix dealer. The policy is in fact DATE OF PURCHASE. It does not matter whether or not it is a current board or a closeout board, there is a one year discretionary warranty on Ronix gear.

The discretionary part is in regards to the repair or replace decision: Ronix does not have to replace the exact same colorway, nor do they have to replace the whole binding. They can send just a liner, just a string, whatever. The replacement does not have to match the original, they can send whatever is necessary for the binding to be functional, and that is if they decide not to warranty the entire binding.

Your DOP warranty stands also for your replaced bindings. If you bust two sets bindings, so long as you are still inside of your original warranty period, they will work with you on that as well.

It sounds like a shop issue. The shop should be able to print a new receipt for you as well. If you are within the one year warranty and so long as it was a genuine manufacturer problem, not like you set your bindings on fire, etc., Ronix should be able to work something out for you.

Hope for the best for you! Keep us updated.

eubanks01 07-21-2014 1:14 PM

Sorry all...I've been on vacation.

A couple of people have stepped up to help so hopefully this will get taken care of. My local shop is known to not have the greatest of service, and they wonder why people don't shop there anymore.

I am waiting on a call from Ronix today. Hopfeully things get taken care of soon. Thank you all for your help.

bill 07-21-2014 6:19 PM

JE why don't you tell us the shops name so we don't buy there anymore?

eubanks01 07-21-2014 6:53 PM

I think you could probably guess. It's had a bad rap for probably 15+ years now.

eubanks01 07-22-2014 12:06 PM

UPDATE: Ronix has agreed to warranty my boots; however, they do not have the same boots in stock. So they are only offering to give me store credit. Does that sound right? Whenever I've had warranty issues with other manufacturers they have always replaced gear with a comparable item or a newer year model. Not trying to complain here, but it just seems odd to me.

TomH 07-22-2014 12:51 PM

Seems fine to me if the credit's enough to get you into the newer model year or a comparable boot.

polarbill 07-22-2014 3:40 PM

Sounds good to me.

99Bison 07-22-2015 2:47 PM

Anyone have experience in how long it takes to receiving warranty replacements? I got the retailer confirmation that new items will be sent out soon about 2 weeks ago but have seen anything yet?