WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through May 05, 2004 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169818)
-   -   Which Bindings? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98507)

blackhawk 02-12-2004 6:53 PM

I got my Super Suctions last year. They were really tight at first but then they were great... for about 2 months. I hit my first growth spurt and my foot size went from 8 1/2-9 to 10 in less than a year. They are now painful to wear for more than a short run. I don't have alot of cash to shell out, but want a more performance oriented binding with more support up high. What would be a good choice? I was thinking of the HIghbacks, but don't know how easy it is to mount them to an Obrien Board (Cobe 137, love it, love it, love it!). Since I got this board last year, over one summer I am a small amount away from clearing the wake. I am getting over 2 1/2 feet of air, and cutting harder than I ever though I would. THis board is just awesome. I can't wait to try out Cobe's new board when I outgrow this one. Anyway. Back to the bindings. Which other bindings would be good? Thanks.

blackhawk 02-12-2004 7:04 PM

Oh yeah, lace ups or ones with straps (Unlike the super suctions or Ultra Suctions are a priority). But they have to still have the performance. I am leaning towards the Liquid Force Alphas, they look awesome.

magellan 02-12-2004 7:06 PM

CWB Zeus. The fit is great and they won't tear after a week.

blackhawk 02-12-2004 8:19 PM

Expensive though, unless I can get them on an awesome sale or something. I do like those bindings.

verticalmove 02-12-2004 8:58 PM

Maybe I can help. We're a CWB Dealer, what price do you want to pay for 2004 CWB Zeus shipped to your door? I can try to give you an "awesome sale or something"! Feel free to shoot me a mail with the price: matthew@vmwake.com <BR> <BR>We have other options as well. Sorry to butt in. <BR> <BR> <BR>Matt <BR> <BR>(Message edited by verticalmove on February 12, 2004)

blackhawk 02-12-2004 9:38 PM

I don't know yet, I will talk to you more towards summer (When my parents will want to get this). I will keep that in mind though. Thanks.

kristian 02-12-2004 10:00 PM

Don't worry about mounting the binding to the board, its a generic size, so all bindings fit all boards. The only thing is depth of the screws, but that can be fixed by adding a few washers.

magellan 02-13-2004 7:29 AM

I don't know why everyone always says the Zeus' are so expensive. No-one ever sells stuff at retail. They sell at a price called minimum advertised which is where the margins are figured. Zeus' are $329. Not $400somethin. <BR>Buy them, you won't be dissapointed. Demo them first though. Everyone's foot is different.

rodeo 02-13-2004 8:17 PM

boardersparadise, 03 CWB Zeus-$279. If they have your size.Hard to beat w/free shipping. Not plugging, just trying to help a brutha' out.

yea_yea 02-14-2004 3:52 PM

My buddy rides zues' and really likes them too. I have last years exo sucs and they are awsome as well. Check ebay for exos you can usually always find a good deal. I got mine for like 175. Or check the closeout deals at boardparadise.com.

c_dub_bizzle 02-14-2004 3:59 PM

Zeus' are awesome bindings. I love the fit. Big ole foot padding for some supper soft landings aswell.