WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   AZ competitions (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779664)

ilikebeaverandboats 05-18-2010 10:39 PM

AZ competitions

Any competitions here in AZ this summer??

I swear I only see 1 or 2 other people at saguaro really surfing, anyone of here surf at saguaro?

05-19-2010 4:14 AM

The AzWA used to stage an annual wakesurf contest in Two Cows Cove on Lake Pleasant. It was always in late April. I believe they stopped staging the wakesurf event back around '06 or '07 due to a general lack of interest and went back to a wakesboarding event. CC or Christine Cameron was the president and chief bottle washer of that organization. She used to post here on WW and I "think" she had a handle of CCRider or something similar. I know I'm still on their email list if you want me to check into it, for you.

Hope that helped!

scottnaz 05-19-2010 6:58 AM

We'd probably need to bark up Century Marine's tree if we want to try and put an event together.

ilikebeaverandboats 05-19-2010 8:56 AM

Yea if you could let me know if anything could be in the works.

Id like to get involved in some, but i wanna watch a few before i start to see what kinda tricks ill need to be able to lay down.

05-19-2010 9:45 AM

Here is the link to the contacts page for the AzWA. One of the members of that club is a saleswoman over at Century, or at least was the last time we went back there. They are great folks and CeCe is really a pleasure to work with.

Lotus24 05-20-2010 3:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats (Post 1587074)
Yea if you could let me know if anything could be in the works.

Id like to get involved in some, but i wanna watch a few before i start to see what kinda tricks ill need to be able to lay down.

I'm with you, It would be fun to be involved, but i dont think I'm ready to compete yet. I'm out at Pleasant or Bartlett whenever possible.

azwakeYO 06-09-2010 11:07 PM

bombwake lead company surfs at saguaro every thursday, they wanna get a comp organized but dont now where to find enough good surfers,

sixx352 06-10-2010 7:02 AM

If there is a comp going on in AZ I will be down there for sure. Then just stop by powell on the way home hahah

ilikebeaverandboats 06-10-2010 9:49 AM

ive seen there truck out there, just not sure nautique they are in. I wouldnt say we are great, but we are getting there.
I hope we can get something rolling! even if its small. I dont care if there are prizes haha

scottnaz 06-10-2010 10:39 AM

So let's all start putting something together. Let's hook up to ride and discuss, or grab some happy hour brews and get the ideas rolling.

ilikebeaverandboats 06-10-2010 12:13 PM

I vote for the ride option. my drinking legality is in question...

scottnaz 06-10-2010 6:58 PM

Quote:

drinking legality
......:D I like that
It doesn't seem like there is anything solid in AZ, so I'll volunteer to take the lead and start making some calls to see what needs to be done to get something setup. Anyone feel free to send me a message if you have ideas or contacts that might want to be involved.

I imagine it takes several months to setup a legit comp, and it may be a rush for this year, but, at the very least we'll setup a big get together/ride for anyone that wants to be involved. I'll certainly volunteer my Supra as one of the surf boats.

notsobueno 06-10-2010 7:52 PM

Should do something in late fall or winter in AZ. Instead of summer

scottnaz 06-10-2010 8:06 PM

Agreed, something in mid/late September would be cool. Plus that's addtional time to get the ducks in a row.
Most of the tubers and summer crowd will be off the lake and the water will still be warm. Not to mention, it wont be 120+ anymore.

ilikebeaverandboats 06-10-2010 8:41 PM

This summer//fall could be a dry run, next summer could be the big one! I would talk to ragboy, he has been doing some good stuff with wake9.com and has partnered with tige.
Here is his latest (which I will be entering :D)
http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12456

I also think If we could get fuel tv behind it, it would be really cool!

BombWake 06-10-2010 11:50 PM

If there is enough interest I guarantee some of the local companies will help sponsor a competition. I am willing to help out in any way, let me know what I can do. I will definitely supply the steel ballast bags for the competition boat...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats (Post 1595409)
ive seen there truck out there, just not sure nautique they are in.

We are in a white 02 Super Air 210 with navy blue stripe and black tower. Hope to see you guys at the lake!

ilikebeaverandboats 06-11-2010 12:14 AM

We wil be out at saguaro tomorrow, 02 Tige 20V with a red cap. Only surfin!

Appreciate the support to man.

hematoma 06-15-2010 6:14 PM

We might be out at Saguaro on Thursday, Black murdered old school supra. I'm down for some surf comp. I grew up surfing the Tx gulf coast on real waves but still have fun on the boat wake.

scottnaz 06-15-2010 7:31 PM

I'll, hopefully, have something to announce in the coming weeks, starting to work out the details.
Trian, I'd like to contact you next week sometime about sponsorship and involvement?

Shane, I've got work to finish up on Thursday, so you won't see me out there. I'll be @ Roosevelt this weekend, convince the family to make a trip up.

ilikebeaverandboats 06-15-2010 8:15 PM

Cant wait to hear what you got scott!!

hematoma 06-15-2010 9:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottnaz (Post 1597725)
I'll, hopefully, have something to announce in the coming weeks, starting to work out the details.
Trian, I'd like to contact you next week sometime about sponsorship and involvement?

Shane, I've got work to finish up on Thursday, so you won't see me out there. I'll be @ Roosevelt this weekend, convince the family to make a trip up.

Scott Roosevelt is up on the otherside of Apache or in that direction? Its hard to make it out on Saturdays, my wife works that day. Sundays are best, but most people are heading home. We'll catch up to each other sooner or later lol. I got that Ronix waiting for ya.

Lotus24 06-17-2010 1:05 PM

Scott, I'll be at Roosevelt Fri and Sat... Red and White Calabria... might see you out there!

scottnaz 06-17-2010 8:04 PM

I'll keep an eye out for you. We usually launch @ Windy Hill, ride the east end in the morning, lunch break for a couple hours at the back of Salome Cove, then more riding. Don't know if I'll make it out on Friday or not, I just finished building my first board and would really like to give it a ride tomorrow evening, but don't know what time we'll make it up.