WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Inflatable SUP (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803953)

brycejb328 01-24-2015 8:07 AM

Inflatable SUP

Anyone have one? Thoughts?? What brand/model do you have? Any suggestions...?

I am a little weary of the price of these, seems you can get a fiberglass one for about the same price as the good inflatables. I am attracted to the inflatables as I can bring it out on the boat. I just think i'd use it more...

ercAXISA22 01-24-2015 10:38 AM

I have two inflatable paddle boards and a inflatable kayak. They are pricey but we keep them with our camper so there is limited space. They are easy to transport but it's a good workout to pump them up. I weigh about 200 lbs and they hold me and my 3 year old no problem. Mine work fine and I have no complaints.

ccelia 01-26-2015 7:55 AM

I got the Jimmy Styks Puffer inflatable SUP last year from Menards online for $450. I love the thing and used it all summer. It does require a little work to get the paddleboard pumped up to the proper PSI, but it will hold a 200 lb person no problem.

It actually came with a nice carrying bag, pump, removable fin, and paddle. I might upgrade the paddle this year, but the one it came with is certainly usable.

davez71 01-26-2015 8:30 AM

We purchased one from West marine when they were running a sale for the kids. I don't recall the make but for it being an inflatable its pretty nice and works pretty well. I also have a YOLO brand SUP. You can definitely go a lot faster on the solid boards but the inflatable has its advantages.

brycejb328 01-26-2015 9:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccelia (Post 1902936)
I got the Jimmy Styks Puffer inflatable SUP last year from Menards online for $450. I love the thing and used it all summer. It does require a little work to get the paddleboard pumped up to the proper PSI, but it will hold a 200 lb person no problem.

It actually came with a nice carrying bag, pump, removable fin, and paddle. I might upgrade the paddle this year, but the one it came with is certainly usable.

I noticed that Costco stocks this jimmy stycks board. http://www.costco.com/Jimmy-Styks-i3...100130399.html

jbird 01-27-2015 10:27 AM

We got one from Amazon, around $500! We love it, and it all fits away nicely, either in the rear v-drive compartment, or under the observers seat! Great activity!

Bakes 01-27-2015 3:12 PM

Get 6 inch thick one. 4 inch ones are OK for kids and lighter people but is is nice to have the versatility. I would stay away from the ones that are in the $400-500 range (unless they are 40% off or something) as they do not do as well. We have a few nice ones and our friends who have bought cheaper ones always regret it.

SUPs are a ton of fun on the lake. Especially if you camp,have/rent a lake house, have a beach spot for the day or do places like lake Powell. We have 4 bring anywhere between 0 and all of them depending on the type of trip.

Kids absolutely love them and the ladies also enjoy taking off on them.

We also run class I-II whitewater on them which is also a lot of fun. I like the boards made by boardworks, starboard and Hala. Right now is a great time for 2014 left overs. You can get an Astro whopper deluxe from Colorado Kayak for about $950. I just got a holdover Stream from them for a killer deal.

We love our SUPs and take them everywhere with us.

Bakes 01-27-2015 3:16 PM

Also....I would avoid a hard board unless you live by the ocean or a nice deep river (ie the hood river). The hard ones will ding up, ding your boat up and are a pain in the butt to transfer. Now if you live by the ocean and plan on surfing real waves or else doing downwind style touring, a fast hard board would be better. First board for your wakeboat? 6 inch inflatable, no question.

alans 01-27-2015 3:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We have a great time with ours. Keep them in the boat or the camper. Get a quality inflatable, so much more versatile than a glass board.

mayor_h 01-28-2015 8:20 AM

I've tried lots of inflate SUP's over the last 5 years. for durability and function , i haven't found anything better than the red paddle co. brand. as far as i know, it's the only inflate that holds 25 psi which makes it nearly rigid when fully inflated. it's the only brand of inflates i sell at my store . i personally have a 9'2 surfstar , a 10'6 ride , a 10'8 mega and a 12'6 race.

mnwakerider 05-04-2015 6:39 PM

Are you really looking for some SUPs Bryce? I have a bunch of demo Fiberglass ones from Radar (Ronix's ski and SUP brand). They are pretty awesome. Give me a shout if you wanna take a look at them and I will hook to you up.