WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Removable J-Bars (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793666)

the_fish 05-31-2012 3:37 PM

Removable J-Bars

Do you use them? I just got a pair of 2011 Ronix One's and it seem like they are a pain in the a$$ to put in. Just wanted to see if anybody thought they were worth it. TIA

logan 05-31-2012 4:42 PM

I didn't use them in my 07 Cells, but my slingshot rads have built in jbars and I love them.

ferral 05-31-2012 6:01 PM

Probably depends on your foot/ankle. I have a wide foot but thin ankles, so for me it helps fill in the heel pocket area and keep my heel down.

05-31-2012 6:07 PM

Best way i found to put them in is to undo the two small screws on the bottom of the boot holding the liner in. Then pull the entire liner out of the binding either through the top or bottom of the binding. Took me 10 mins to do mine. Also if your bottom laces ever break, this is how you'd replace them.

the_fish 06-01-2012 7:34 AM

my god those liners are a paint the butt to get back in! thanks for the info guys

Bumpass1 06-01-2012 7:16 PM

What direction are they supposed to be installed? I have never quite figured that out.

Kerry 06-04-2012 7:32 AM

Same here just bought a pair of '12 Ones. I'm thinking I could use these since my heels come up slightly. I'm also not sure the way they should be placed...

the_fish 06-04-2012 10:40 AM

The best way to put them in is to take the liner out fo the shell, but you must remove the two screws on the bottom first. Once the liner is out, you will see the velcro on either side of the shell. Make sure you have the j-bar turned correctly (long skinny side should run be parallel to the ground) or it will feel awkward. From there it is a little trial and error to get it in the spot most comfortable to you. I had to set mine a fraction of an inch higher to get it in the best spot for my foot. Hope that helps.

Bumpass1 06-04-2012 10:48 AM

Does the bar go over the ball of your ankle and down the back beside your heel or under the ball and up the back of your ankle? I can post pictures if needed to help explain.

Kerry 06-04-2012 11:15 AM

I was sort of thinking you would put them in as an upside U over the ball of your heal to hold it down? Does that not help?

Kerry 06-04-2012 11:24 AM

Actually I think I understand what you are saying Jonny. Kind of like this I___ ___I the space in the middle being the back of your heal (achilles tendon?) and an inch up from the base?

the_fish 06-04-2012 1:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerry (Post 1757103)
Actually I think I understand what you are saying Jonny. Kind of like this I___ ___I the space in the middle being the back of your heal (achilles tendon?) and an inch up from the base?

Exactly, each one is designed to wrap around your ankle bone and achilles so that there is a snug fit around the heel.

ferral 06-04-2012 9:02 PM

Not sure if it's different now, but on my 2010 Ones, there was Velcro on the liner in the shape of the jbar and I used that to line it up