WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   SeaDek replacement for carpet (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=789552)

brentcochran 08-12-2011 12:50 PM

SeaDek replacement for carpet

I've read a lot of people talking about how this a great option to cleaning carpet but not photos of someone taking on the project.

1. Who has done it?
2. How did it work out?
3. What was the overall cost of the project?
4. Do you have photos?

My carpet needs replacement and I'm considering alternatives.

Thanks!

Brent

bcrider 08-12-2011 2:07 PM

My father in law sells Deckadence ( http://www.boatmats.ca/ ) up here in Canada. I believe they have US dealers as well. I put this on my swim step and plan on redueing my interior with this stuff as well. It's nice and soft on the feet and can be pulled out like the carpet in new boats. Can also do almost any custom design if you wanted.

brentcochran 08-12-2011 2:37 PM

Thanks for the tip...looks like nice stuff. What's the approximate cost for a 21' boat?

bcrider 08-12-2011 2:39 PM

I'm not quite sure what it actually costs per sqft. I got mine done as a birthday present.

typhoon 08-14-2011 8:17 AM

unless my eyes are deceiving me, this looks very expensive.

gdavid 08-15-2011 9:47 AM

I put hydro turf down on my boat when I rebuilt the deck and I've been very happy with it. I wish it came it bigger sheets and I could have done a better job at locating the seems but I have been very happy with it. It is soft on my feet, doesn't get too hot, and can be hosed clean. I don't have any pictures handy.

aarond0083 08-15-2011 10:30 AM

Have a 2012 210 CE on order right now, minus the carpet and snaps. I've borrowing from Billabong 230 and doing the teak look in our new one, minus the logos of course.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7900788/Phot...abong-eva1.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7900788/Phot...abong-eva2.jpg

dbdb 08-15-2011 11:04 AM

I really like the idea of no carpet. I have never understood the concept of having carpet (which holds water) in a boat anyway. Seems like the seadek would be really easy to keep clean.

08-15-2011 12:41 PM

I love my SeaDek. In any EPIC you get that is the flooring you get. So much better than carpet, for cleaning, softness and overall look. IMO....Not sure how you would do it yourself, but love the people that tackle these DIY projects and make them look amazing.

iliketowakealot 08-15-2011 12:52 PM

I'm planning on replacing the stern deck cusions with SeaDek at some point. We ride in saltwater and it gets in the cushions and eventually drops down on the engine. I can always tell when a "freshwater" rider gets on the boat, whereas they throw their fully soaked life jacket on the back deck...it makes me cringe.

brentcochran 08-15-2011 2:14 PM

George - Hydro turf looks like a great product/option also. What did it cost you? Sounds like you did your own template and cutting...how was that? I'd love to see some photos of the project and/or completed interior (at some point).

Aaron - You'll have to let us know how you like it when your 2012 arrives. I like the teak look but agree on dropping the logos.

typhoon 08-15-2011 9:27 PM

Most ski boat floors are wood. carpet allows drying. what about under the seadek? Will it cause rott in all the moisture? Would you also pull out all the seats and pedestals and go under them our around them?

srock 08-16-2011 7:11 AM

Most ski boat floors are not wood unless its an old boat.

brentcochran 08-16-2011 10:04 AM

The floor of my '96 is definitely not wood. I just get sick of dealing with drying out the carpet, especially in the winter (don't have a good covered area to lay it up). I live the soggy NW also, so that's part of the issue I'm sure.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I guess I'll need to reach out to the companies to get an idea of cost. This might be a good winter project.

typhoon 08-26-2011 9:24 AM

i am going to put this in the bow for starters but would the 3mm of the 5mm be the better choice?

dhcomp1 08-26-2011 9:30 AM

Not sure about the wakeboats, but the new Centurion Carbon Pro has sea deck on the floor.

I liked it when i drove that boat for a touranment.

brentcochran 08-26-2011 10:17 AM

Cool...you should be sure to take some photos and provide some rough $ amounts.

silvtondvl 08-26-2011 3:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbdb (Post 1701408)
I really like the idea of no carpet. I have never understood the concept of having carpet (which holds water) in a boat anyway. Seems like the seadek would be really easy to keep clean.

Carpeting is a sound deadening tool. Helps keep all the little squeeks and creaks at bay as well. It wraps around corners without much trouble and looks good in storage areas.
I am wanting someone to try spray in bedliner material to do the same. Have to be carefull because the floor needs to come up for repairs, panels too.

I like the sea deck stuff, I need to put some on the swim plateform

surffresh 08-27-2011 6:49 AM

I ordered a piece for a customers 2011 F21 Tomcat, I am only doing the cooler lid on the floor 12"X12", it should be here next week and I'll post up some pics. They are sending me a 38"X18" for about $45.

ixfe 08-27-2011 7:40 AM

The only issue I see with the SeaDek is that it can snag when something drags across it, leaving a scar.

wiegs 09-03-2011 2:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm strongly considering ordering hydroturf sheets and pulling out the carpet. It is a PITA to take out to dry after a long boating day. Here is a pic of another guy that put down hydroturf. I think it looks great. I guess if it was damaged, you can always replace the piece.

surffresh 09-04-2011 7:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is a shot of a 2011 MB Tomcat cooler lid I did for a customer with Sea Deck, the lid door was very tight and the carpet was pulling up on the lid, I thought it worked out great and the lid opens / closes with ease now, I am thinking of having some more made with routed or finished edges and the MB logo with the words "MORE BEER". Everyone on the east coast ask what MB stands for, I used to answer MORE BOAT.....

bwake 09-05-2011 4:06 AM

What is the cost of doing this say vs normal carpet?

surffresh 09-05-2011 6:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
for $50 I got a piece 18" X 38, it was enough to make 3. I emailed Sea Dek and they did not reply for 2 weeks so I called them and ordered it. Then they emailed and replied "it will cost $150 to have 3 peices customized. This is a before pic, you can see the carpet coming up on the corners.

typhoon 09-05-2011 10:22 PM

Doing around the seats and bow in our sanger is 900.00 precut.. Too much for me

typhoon 09-05-2011 10:23 PM

I actually was thinking about gator grip also.

tampawake 09-06-2011 6:59 AM

900 is stupid. Rubber flooring should not be more than 100. Now I get the pre cut being more expensive but damn.

baitkiller 09-06-2011 7:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvtondvl (Post 1704645)
Carpeting is a sound deadening tool. Helps keep all the little squeeks and creaks at bay as well. It wraps around corners without much trouble and looks good in storage areas.
I am wanting someone to try spray in bedliner material to do the same. Have to be carefull because the floor needs to come up for repairs, panels too.

I like the sea deck stuff, I need to put some on the swim plateform

There is a LineX company in Sarasota that has developed an application for boats. I stole this link from The Hull Truth .com. Page down past all the jon boat crap until about post 19. There are pics of him doing a brand new Yellowfin. (super high end fishing boat makes MC look affordable) and an old pontoon.
One thing I know for sure is that if Wylie Nagle allows this on one of his builds, it works.

Link:
http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-...-flooring.html