WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   Why Does It Matter (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784155)

StanleyWheelhouse 10-13-2010 7:46 PM

Why Does It Matter

It is well known Wheelhouse is all about riding the endless wave. Some of us call it wake surfing but it is not. It is the once in a lifetime opportunity to ride an endless wave (as long as the boat works anyway). It will put a smile on the face of any one who dares to learn how to get up and learn how to catch and ride the endless wave.

With Wake Surfing or Endless Wave Riding, most of us dont have to worry about Jaws AKA sharks. Last time we checked Great Whites are Inquisitive and we are tasty. We dont have to battle the mighty relentless power of the ocean. We dont have to inhale saltwater. Heck we dont even half to paddle into a wave. No Ocean is required. (Mother Ocean you are well loved needed and respected by all of us). It is damn good fun. You can ride waves all day not get your hair wet. (Jerry Lopez)

One would think this great time would breed an environment of people who are banned together by the love of the endless wave. And it was not what type of boat created the wave or what side of the boat made the best wave but the fact that it was an endless wave. A wave that can be made in places like Arizona. (No waves in those parts last time Wheelhouse scoped it out, N Case Ur Wonderin) Where land locked Folk can feel the joy of surfing a wave. No rope or pulling, just you and a wave that does not end unless you happen to fall or the boat breaks or prop gets mangled. Wether the wave is made by a Tige Malibu Centurion Nautique, Axis, etc...... it is a great time. You Know!!!!

However, there seems to be a sense of pride amongst boat owners and the waves their boats create. We are reminded of a territorial sense we felt amongst Surfers (that by the way we knew nothing about) the first time we watched POINT BREAK. A territorial sense of pride that does not answer the question of who can create the best wave and what is their personal recipe and how can they help me make mine better or me make theirs better but what BOAT can create the best wave and my boat is better than yours. The territorial discord is created from this point.

Why do you feel this way?

Do you agree we all want to promote and grow wake surfing? Yes or no? Explain.

Is it really about your boat making the best wave or enjoying your time wake surfing?

Is it about what board you do or dont ride?

Lets hear your answers Wake Surfing Community.

bigshow 10-13-2010 8:37 PM

Top Ten

Top Ten Reasons why Wake Surfing is better than the ocean

10, Waves when you want them
9. Waves where you are (Corn belt for me)
8. Great view of the people you’re riding with
7. No locals protecting their home turf
6. No drop ins
5. No jellies
4. Fresh water - not salty
3, 2,000 watt stereo 10 feet ahead of you
2. No Sharks
1. (Your answer here)

lfadam 10-13-2010 9:03 PM

really? I havent noticed this attitude. everyone i know that surfs does it 100% because its fun. I prefer my friend's boat to surf over my family's boat and we always have a good time out there. i know i love surfing because i cant have a bad set. im not good enough at tricks and i do it just for fun, so its always fun. its not like wakeboarding where i can fall on something i always do and get really frustrated. but, on the flip side the high of a great wakeboard set/new trick outweighs any surf sets ive had.

bigcatpt 10-13-2010 9:12 PM

Is it just me, or do other people hear the voice of Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High when Wheelhouse speaks???? LMAO!

Thanks for sharing the love, peace, and happiness Stanley!

Wheelhouse for President!!!

spurvalleysurfer 10-13-2010 9:26 PM

Surfers do not ride Enzo's or Tige's or Sparkles - they ride the wave...

There is no such thing as getting better yourself, there is getting better as a community... taking other riders out and introducing them to the sport, showing them the ways and enjoying the time with good friends!

We have a Centurion, but ride Tige's and Malibu's every weekend every year - in surfing, there is no hate.. every day in the water is another day that were fortunate to have, and should not complain. no matter which way the prop spins!

why? cause we're down like that!!

Carry on Wheelhouse

ilikebeaverandboats 10-13-2010 9:58 PM

You are the man.

majestic 10-13-2010 10:46 PM

Wheelhouse you are the Man! Its funny how annoying I thought you were at the NWWSA comp for the first 2 minutes then I became a fan and cannot get enough of the Wheelhouse!!

I have been hooked on Wakesurfing for a little over a year and have met some cool people and had lots of fun. I hope it can continue to be fun and everyone can treat each other with respect and grow the sport in a safe manner.

I could care less what boat you have, board you ride etc as long as I can ride it goofy!!;)

Wheelhouses's or anyone else is always welcome to ride behind my Tige up here in Washington and I would love to get to ride behind anyone's Malibu,Centurion,Mastercraft,Supreme,Sanger,Calbri a,Moomba,Supra E.T.C. Once again as long as I can ride it goofy!! I tried ridin backside once (not doing that again).

You're doing good things Stanley!!

riverrunner 10-14-2010 7:09 AM

Wheelhouse knows firsthand that WakeDoc loves and rides all boats. Wheelhouse also knows that WakeDoc has no problem with riders that come to a open forum and brag about their boat, wave, board, abilities, etc. Wheelhouse is also aware that the thing that gets sand in WakeDoc's shorts is when people come to an open forum with an obvious agenda and not only go way over board on how great their boat/brand is but, go out of their way to bash other boat brands with no real experience with the boat brand in question, which further demonstrates how hard they are trying to drive their agenda and propaganda down the throats of the readers of the said open forum.

WakeDoc suggest for everyone to go out and ride the endless wave, when they grow tired and slip off the back into the white wash. While they are floating in the water waiting for the boat full of family and friends to return for them, think for a second then drop all the agendas and propaganda, letting them sink to the floor of the body of water they are floating in, climb back into the boat, smile at everyone and state next.

BlairJ 10-14-2010 7:35 AM

This thread touches on the what's bugging me about the wakesurfing community.

1. For all the people that see wakesurfing and think..."How can I make a dime off of this?" or "This is serious business, I better try to impose my beliefs on everyone else": YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT.

2. For all the people that see wakesurfing as a way to have fun, increase your happiness and the happiness of those around you, and to refill your positive energy: Keep on doing your thing, you are doing it right.

This is the reason I started my own site about wakesurfing. And even though I have been warned about posting threads about wakesurfing news or stories (see #1), I will continue to try and spread the stoke every chance I get.

Good post Stanley.

gunz 10-14-2010 9:57 AM

I don't care about what boat it comes from.......as long as I can get a ride on it,it's all good.

tonyv420 10-15-2010 10:58 AM

Yes I agree to help promote and help the sport grow. Explanation= Teach as many people how and the safety of the sport, and share the water.
More about everyone on my boat having fun. Thats # 1
I'll ride a refer door if thats all I could afford.
Always stay on Wheelhouse good side!

tonyv420 10-15-2010 11:02 AM

He knows his shiznit!

timmyb 10-15-2010 2:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunz (Post 1640419)
I don't care about what boat it comes from.......as long as I can get a ride on it,it's all good.

Couldn't agree more!

10-18-2010 12:37 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyWheelhouse (Post 1640317)
It is well known Wheelhouse is all about riding the endless wave. Some of us call it wake surfing but it is not. It is the once in a lifetime opportunity to ride an endless wave (as long as the boat works anyway). It will put a smile on the face of any one who dares to learn how to get up and learn how to catch and ride the endless wave.

With Wake Surfing or Endless Wave Riding, most of us dont have to worry about Jaws AKA sharks. Last time we checked Great Whites are Inquisitive and we are tasty. We dont have to battle the mighty relentless power of the ocean. We dont have to inhale saltwater. Heck we dont even half to paddle into a wave. No Ocean is required. (Mother Ocean you are well loved needed and respected by all of us). It is damn good fun. You can ride waves all day not get your hair wet. (Jerry Lopez)

One would think this great time would breed an environment of people who are banned together by the love of the endless wave. And it was not what type of boat created the wave or what side of the boat made the best wave but the fact that it was an endless wave. A wave that can be made in places like Arizona. (No waves in those parts last time Wheelhouse scoped it out, N Case Ur Wonderin) Where land locked Folk can feel the joy of surfing a wave. No rope or pulling, just you and a wave that does not end unless you happen to fall or the boat breaks or prop gets mangled. Wether the wave is made by a Tige Malibu Centurion Nautique, Axis, etc...... it is a great time. You Know!!!!

However, there seems to be a sense of pride amongst boat owners and the waves their boats create. We are reminded of a territorial sense we felt amongst Surfers (that by the way we knew nothing about) the first time we watched POINT BREAK. A territorial sense of pride that does not answer the question of who can create the best wave and what is their personal recipe and how can they help me make mine better or me make theirs better but what BOAT can create the best wave and my boat is better than yours. The territorial discord is created from this point.

Why do you feel this way?

Do you agree we all want to promote and grow wake surfing? Yes or no? Explain.

Is it really about your boat making the best wave or enjoying your time wake surfing?

Is it about what board you do or dont ride?

Lets hear your answers Wake Surfing Community.

Here are the photos from that day on Lake Minnetonka behind the 230 SAN. I want to thank Danny, Brandon, Alex and Eric for joining me that day. And check out that new quad fin from IDOL surfboards, thing is seriously Gnar.