WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through April 04, 2003 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62369)
-   -   X-Star Options? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55162)

mattbob 02-24-2003 5:43 AM

We are looking at buying a 2002 X-star that a dealer has left over. We are getting a good deal, but we want to make sure we get all the options we want. <BR>The options it does NOT have are: <BR>tower lights <BR>docking lights <BR>jump seat <BR>soap pump <BR>bimini <BR>heater - it's cold up here <BR>Which of these options would you recomend and are there any other options we should ask for? <BR> <BR>

raider40 02-24-2003 7:45 AM

Matt, <BR> <BR>I've got an 02X without the same options except the tower lights. They are pretty cool to have but not a must have - I really only use them when loading or unloading. <BR> <BR>The soap pump might be nice to have but we just bring cans of shaving cream so not a big deal. <BR> <BR>I sort of regret not getting the heater but I live in Texas and didn't think I'd need it.

bbeach 02-24-2003 7:48 AM

Gotta have the bimini, they are a lifesaver on them long hot sunny days! The heater is a definate plus if you ride in the colder months (I wish I had a heater), the lights look cool, but they don't get used a lot.

bigjessup 02-24-2003 9:36 AM

I would really recomend the heater, we ride in the late afternoon and we use it everynight.

dropzero 02-24-2003 9:41 AM

I would get these 3 options out of the ones that you have listed above. <BR>soap pump <BR>bimini <BR>heater

kstateskier 02-24-2003 12:23 PM

Matt, <BR> <BR>As far as the lights go, it's just a cool factor, you will never really need them IMO. <BR> <BR>I don't think the jump seat is a needed option in a V-Drive, in a DD yes. <BR>I think the soap pump is kind of lame, but that my opinion. I'd rather just have my bottle of joy. I'm too lazy to refill the pump. <BR> <BR>Like Brad said, the bimini is a must. I wouldn't pay for it from MC though, go to a shop that can do the work and get it for a lot less <font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font>. You can always have the MC logo sewn in if you want. You can get cooler designs from different companies too. A guy here in Kansas had an American flag style bimini made to match his '98? Pro Star 190 Stars and Stripes. The heater is a nice option. IMO you don't NEED it unless you are riding "out of season". I've never sat there in the summer and said "man I wish I had a heater" no mater how cold it was. We ride a lot in the winter in 40 and 50 degree weather, than it is a must. It really only helps the driver and a passenger if you have a hot tube, so if you want to make them happy go with it.

rtm 02-24-2003 12:34 PM

I like the jumpseat and here's why. In the cold months it allows more people to sit up front close to the windshield and it also creates a great spot to store stuff in the bow walkthrough between the back of the Jump Seat and the bow wind guard (also a must for the cold months). <BR> <BR>My wind guard is canvas and snaps in the walkthrough and to the bottom of the windshield. <BR> <BR>Perfect Pass is a must if is not already stock on the year you are buying.

jjared 02-24-2003 3:17 PM

Instead of the jump seat get the LanchPad Lounge and get an extra 540lbs to go along with the seat. Bimini and Heater are a must. We don't usually use the pump but might this year instead of dragging cans...good luck and congrats!