WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Colorado Cable? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777498)

ColoRadDude 03-13-2010 9:19 PM

Colorado Cable?

Hey Colorado,

So last year I heard some talk of a cable park in Colorado...Boulder or Broomfield area. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the progress of it.

Thanks.

bill_sloan 03-14-2010 5:52 AM

I haven't heard anything. It would be awesome to have an indoor park so it could be used year round.

epic1 03-17-2010 10:00 PM

I think the market for a year round(in door) cable, would be FAR to small to buy land, water rights, and build a building. Snowboarding kinda has a lock on Colorado winter sports.
Would be sick. But will happen about the same time we get a winter olympic bid again......

denverlove 05-01-2011 3:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epic1 (Post 1563064)
I think the market for a year round(in door) cable, would be FAR to small to buy land, water rights, and build a building. Snowboarding kinda has a lock on Colorado winter sports.
Would be sick. But will happen about the same time we get a winter olympic bid again......

I guess we'll be getting the winter olympic bid again soon....... since we do have a cable park opening in Colorado within the next month. =)

jealous_soul 05-01-2011 4:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverlove (Post 1675801)
I guess we'll be getting the winter olympic bid again soon....... since we do have a cable park opening in Colorado within the next month. =)

a cable park, or a two tower system?

ColoRadDude 05-01-2011 5:04 PM

It will be a two tower system. I've heard of at least two that will be open this summer.

ilboarder12 05-01-2011 9:25 PM

sick, i'm chomping at the bit for this weather to warm up a bit to get out on cherry creek. the two tower system would be a start, colorado could really benefit from it.

cjh1669 05-02-2011 7:53 AM

Milehigh wakeboarding is opening up one int he denver metro area and I know Tommy ordered a some towers for down in pueblo

bruizza 05-02-2011 11:45 AM

Yep there are two of them opening. Milehighwakeboarding is being super secretive about where they are putting theirs. Tommy is putting his down in Pueblo. From what I have heard the milehighwakeboarding one will be on the north side of Denver.

milehighrider 05-04-2011 8:56 PM

isn't milehighwakeboarding is in the business of making money? i don't understand why it would be secretive? any thoughts?

cjh1669 05-04-2011 9:11 PM

I know because there so many competing cable parks throughout colorado........................

milehighrider 05-04-2011 9:29 PM

exactly! being a small buisness owner i am always trying to put my name and services out to people! i'm no maketing guru but i would be telling anyone and everyone! just sayin...

cjh1669 05-05-2011 7:35 AM

I'd be screaming it from the highest hill, but I've heard there are some hangups on the whole thing

milehighrider 05-07-2011 12:24 PM

it doesn't supprise me that there are hangups! i'm sure i can guess why...

steve_jones 05-08-2011 10:55 PM

What a bunch of gossipers!

There are no hiccups or delays. We are keeping all of the details on our first cable park quiet until our advertising and grand opening campaign hits later in the month. No one even knew that we had a 2-tower up all of last summer testing it, so have patience, the details are coming soon and will be posted on our website, Facebook, and Twitter accounts first – a few details are already posted. I will say that unless you see it posted by one of us, it’s simply a rumor. I’m a rider first and a business owner and coach second, so everything we’ve done and have thought of is from the rider and participant’s perspective. Stay tuned, you’ll be pumped, and as it grows, it will only get better. We are only in phase 2 of a much larger plan.

The other cable you are hearing about in Pueblo is a cable system that I hooked Tommy up with. Mile High Wakeboarding is the Colorado distributor for ERC Cable Systems and we have an exclusive commercial agreement around our location(s). Tommy is a good friend and he knows the amount of time, research, testing, and planning I’ve done and it was a no-brainer to help him out. I personally OK’d his Pueblo location because his cable will be for private use only and its 100+ miles south of Denver. MHW has additional locations approved and some other plans for this year and next year in and out of Colorado, but we’ll roll those out 1 at a time as each component makes sense to do so. We always have to balance the business realities of making everything work without borrowing millions of dollars or going into debt. We own everything, and that’s a very big deal.

milehighrider 05-09-2011 9:28 PM

^^
i think that it's funny you call people gossipers! you always have a lot to say but never to anyones FACE!? people were discusing what they would do and you seem to have been bothered by that for some reasodn, not sure why? i would love to have a cable park in the area, and run by and upstanding company! but if milehighwakeboarding is associated i will NEVER ride it. good luck to ya!

milehighrider 05-09-2011 9:40 PM

since i live really close to Tommy's i am gonna print a screen shot and as the man himself. i wonder if what he will say?

Tommy 05-10-2011 5:55 AM

Hey from Tommy

Hey guys! We have just poured our anchors for our ERC cable two tower system in Pueblo at Lake Colorado. We decided on this system over the others for various reasons and Steve helped me save a bunch of money. Ours is not open to the public yet and may remain private. I do plan on letting lots of folks use it however especially kids who have no money. Fell in love with the skate community in Springs last summer at the tour stop and those kids from the projects need some inspiration too. After all the kinks are out and some sliders are dialed, I plan on doing some night events. The cable thing is great and will give us a chance for the future. Two tower systems can be brought inside as well on a big pool. I hope to have several free days to the public. Please support Steve as well since he is the one that pushed the whole deal. It is time we all came together for the sport and put our differences somewhere else. There is plenty of good to go around. We look to ride ours on Memorial weekend and have the first night tournament the day before our boat tournament in July. Thanks to all of you that make our community so great. Hey guys we are launching a new web site for the store also and welcome all of you to be part of the stoke. God bless you all and please stop in and say hey.

Tommy
www.gettommys.com

Tommy 05-10-2011 6:01 AM

Hmn

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjh1669 (Post 1676756)
I know because there so many competing cable parks throughout colorado........................

Chris I do not know of any competing cable parks. I think we will all help each other. That is what the boat dealers are doing for the first time in years too. All of us together are great and can do lots to help others. I am pretty stoked for the first time in a few years. Anyway I can help Steve or any other new cable ( do not know of any at this time) would be the best thing for us to do. I am stoked you guys are excited about cable here in Colorado. Should be a great season! Please stay tuned and your suggestions will be welcome. ERC is the best!!!! God bless.

Tommy

cjh1669 05-10-2011 7:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy (Post 1677810)
Hey guys! We have just poured our anchors for our ERC cable two tower system in Pueblo at Lake Colorado. We decided on this system over the others for various reasons and Steve helped me save a bunch of money. Ours is not open to the public yet and may remain private. I do plan on letting lots of folks use it however especially kids who have no money. Fell in love with the skate community in Springs last summer at the tour stop and those kids from the projects need some inspiration too. After all the kinks are out and some sliders are dialed, I plan on doing some night events. The cable thing is great and will give us a chance for the future. Two tower systems can be brought inside as well on a big pool. I hope to have several free days to the public. Please support Steve as well since he is the one that pushed the whole deal. It is time we all came together for the sport and put our differences somewhere else. There is plenty of good to go around. We look to ride ours on Memorial weekend and have the first night tournament the day before our boat tournament in July. Thanks to all of you that make our community so great. Hey guys we are launching a new web site for the store also and welcome all of you to be part of the stoke. God bless you all and please stop in and say hey.

Tommy
www.gettommys.com

Hi Tommy,
I think it's great you're doing this for the kids. I think this sport is hard for kids from the inner city or with parents without the means to afford a boat to enjoy. You're giving them a great opportunity and I'm sure some great riders will come from it and some lives will be changed.
I just wish you would have picked up slingshot, pretty much the best cable boards on the market, and also great behind boats.

bhileman 05-12-2011 4:12 PM

Wow good work Steve and Tommy! Never thought cold Colorado would get a cable before warm Arizona.

Steve any idea on opening date so us AZ peeps can get a trip planned to cruise there to ride some cable? Any obstacles yet?

steve_jones 05-26-2011 6:52 AM

Thanks Brett! So the first official cable went up yesterday and the day before. Tommy took a test ride and all is great!!! More coming. We'll be finishing the cables, building, beach, and other items in the next few days.

Tommy 06-30-2011 8:14 PM

Well guys Steve is up and running and so are we. Steve's cable is open to the public where ours is on my private lake. I am inviting everyone that comes to our contest to ride ours Friday the 15th. Enter the boat contest and ride for free. Should have the new ramp in too. The ERC is so good and not spongey at all. I can see the future of two tower riding really blowing up now. I am thinking about having some more days open to the public for free but want to get the kicker in and the site developed a bit more. We are looking for a name for the cove we put it in. If you guys are down on a weekday, contact me and I will try to get you a pull on the house. What a great time in wakeboarding we are enjoying these days. Thanks to all of you for the stoke! Rock on.
Tommy
www.getttommys.com

tj_in_kc 07-09-2011 11:13 PM

As someone who lives in Missouri (where we are lucky enough to have a long standing awesome cable at KCW), but visit CO all the time this is very exciting news!

I went to the website for the public one - mile high, but I had a hard time figuring out exactly what it was, is it a 2.0 system, or a 5 tower cable?

LukeR103 07-12-2011 10:19 AM

http://milehighwakeboarding.com/Imag...s/DSC00417.jpg

I was checking out the mile high wake website and came across the picture above. This has to be photoshopped right? If not I feel sorry for this guys knees!

Tommy 08-07-2011 6:22 PM

Hey guys. Just wanted to say we are so happy with the ERC system we purchased. Our night tournament went very well and so many people are learning new tricks and hitting the kicker. We are going to have a table top for next spring but want to digest it for a bit to make it great for pros and for kids too. The kids are so important to me. This fall when the lake traffic falls off, I would like more kids to ride this that do not own boats or have money. We have had quite a few already and it warms our hearts to see new blood. The kids under 13 were ripping Friday night at our tournament under the lights and full moon. Cody Stone is incredible as well as Vinnie and Maya. You guys rule!