WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   "Quick-Fill" Flooding Ballast System (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802085)

sprocketeer 05-19-2014 11:54 AM

"Quick-Fill" Flooding Ballast System

For those of you owners that have the MB or Centurion "Quick-Fill" flooding ballast system, I have a question.

Does your system eventually end up filling even if you do not open the gates?

Mine does and I really prefer that it doesn't fill unless I open the gate. My kids are intimidated by the larger wake and it is harder to dial in the ballast for surfing if it is constantly filling.

Is there something wrong? I am still under warranty and I can have the dealer fix it, if it is not working properly.

Just looking for your experience, Thanks!

wakereviews 05-19-2014 12:01 PM

mine does not fill unless the gates are open. there is definitely something wrong. Do the tanks empty if you stay on plane for a while?

polarbill 05-19-2014 12:04 PM

if they are working correctly you shouldn't get any water in the tanks. Actually it doesn't make any sense all. Even if for some reason the gates got stuck open(all or part way) they would empty when you get on plane. There isn't actually a way for the tanks to fill and stay full unless you are opening them and then closing before taking off.

sprocketeer 05-19-2014 12:12 PM

I have checked the functionality of both gates and they appear to be working properly. The tanks will empty while open and underway.

I was out for about 3.5 hours on Saturday and never opened the gates. I have my wife open the gates when we load up, just to make sure everything is empty and I would say they were more than half full. Both tanks emptied about the same amount which tells me they are leaking at the same rate.

Your valves don't leak at all?

Griggs24 05-19-2014 12:14 PM

I have a Epic and I noticed that my gates have a orange gasket on them. Mine work fine but if the gaskets were torn or gone I could see it leaking. Not sure how yours works but if you have gaskets I would start there.

runin90lx 05-19-2014 7:12 PM

I have a MB. Never had that happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

wake26 05-20-2014 7:21 AM

I had a Calabria and now a MB. Never had any issues with water leaking by the ballast gates. Wonder if maybe you have something in the seal that is not letting the gate close all the way.

shawndoggy 05-20-2014 7:31 AM

I'd call drainmaster. They are very helpful. What you are experiencing is not normal. If it were, we'd see RVs driving down the highway all the time leaking their black water tanks (the other implementation of these valves).

sprocketeer 05-20-2014 11:50 AM

Thanks for the input!

My dealer is ordering new o-rings and they are going to take care of it.
I love a good dealer!

trash4life 05-20-2014 2:13 PM

I assume your dealer is Reboats? I agree, they are a good dealer. Mike at reboats is the reason I'm on my 3rd MB.

sprocketeer 05-21-2014 7:49 AM

Actually, I have a Supreme and I purchased it from Rogers Performance Marine. I didn't have any experience with them other than the sales cycle but the service side is looking great so far.