WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through May 22, 2006 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=329511)
-   -   our stuff got stolen (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=326404)

seaswirlmike 05-14-2006 6:56 PM

man, woke up to some beautiful weather out in disco bay this morning only to find out that during the night someone stole 3 jl 500/1 amps 3 12w6v2's and our brand new eclipse deck. the thiefs had the balls to do all that while the boat sat in the driveway with me and my buddies inside and 4 cars in the driveway..... they didnt steal any of our boards which were sitting wide open in the back of the truck parked right beside the boat. what a crappy way to start the year off. we did have insurance so im hopeing it will all be covered..... <BR> <BR>with that being said i guess our new plan is to upgrade to some 13w7's and some orion 1200d amps. does anyone know where to get the best deal on these? ive looked around the net but just wondering if any bay area shops people may know of had some killer deals... <BR> <BR>thank <BR>mike <BR>btw keep your eyes out for people selling some really nice jl stuff cheap <BR>

garret_s 05-14-2006 6:57 PM

sorry to hear about your stuff. I hate people that steal stuff from me, makes me want to hunt them down and seek justice...

seaswirlmike 05-14-2006 7:38 PM

i know, all those thoughts run through your head. "what if i could have just seen them...."

_jason_ 05-14-2006 7:42 PM

This is extreamly disapointing.. <BR> <BR>I always want to put trust in people when i leave my boat at the lakehouse dock.. We have yet to get anything stolen, but you would seriously think that people feel the same way about leaving there crap out. Its sad to see this happen to you. Best regards!! <BR> <BR>Jason Lind <BR><a href="http://www.deltariders.com" target="_blank">www.deltariders.com</a>

peter_c 05-14-2006 9:42 PM

There have been a lot of stereo thefts in Disco Bay. Someone else on this board had the same thing happen a couple of years ago. THIEVES SUCK!

dr_inc 05-14-2006 9:47 PM

same thing happened to us.... what i wouldnt give to take a bat to their shins

richd 05-15-2006 4:53 AM

That sucks Mike! Is there such a thing as a boat alarm system? We have heard the same thing Peter said, supposedly the Sheriff was going to step up their patrols.

eternalshadow 05-15-2006 6:00 AM

Rich, I've heard of alarm systems being installed on boats, no idea how they get them to work, but it might be something to look into.

njskier 05-15-2006 6:18 AM

Some company makes an alarm system that is wired into your snaps on your cover. That may not help with tower speaker theft though.

ride152 05-15-2006 8:31 AM

I have looked into boat alarms. There are a few companies out there that make them, and different styles. The style that I will probably get is one that includes sensors under your floor boards. It is sensitive to weight...a person standing in your boat. I thought this would help with safe keeping of tower items as well. A person would need to get into the boat to get to the tower..as long as they step on the floor your safe. I am assuming a thief is going to take a good look over the boat to see any additional items they can pocket. <BR> The entire set up was just over $300.00. <BR>not bad. <BR>

seaswirlmike 05-15-2006 9:18 AM

i was thinking about an alarm with some motion sensors for under the dash and the hood pin style sensors for the storage and engine compartments, definately gonna do something along those lines

guido 05-15-2006 10:43 AM

That seriously blows. There is nothing like karma though. They'll get theirs, just keep your head up and be on the look out next time.

ghostrider_2 05-15-2006 12:05 PM

Mike that is exactly what I have on my boat after my brother in law had his boat gutted in the day in the front of my house, while we stepped for a quick run through of taco bell, then a month later my neighbors boat got gutted in his back yard!

erik_c 05-15-2006 12:12 PM

Hey Mike this is Erik Let me when you want to get new stuff I will take care of you steve knows how to get a hold of me.

pittsy 05-15-2006 8:35 PM

I know how you feel..i had all of my stuff stolen off my boat when it was on the dock about 3 or 4 years ago...boards, vest, ropes, everything in my boat was gone... <BR> <BR>i bought a 1200d amp from sounddomain.com for aroud $330 or something like that!

mbrown 05-15-2006 10:54 PM

Disco Residents need to demand more sheriff deputy presence. We pay our share of property tax yet the sheriff's administration suggests the residents pay an additional annual assessment of $125 bucks per parcel for a full time deputy. <BR> <BR>How about this, give us the service we already pay for. How hard is it to protect an area with only one way in and one way out? <BR>This problem continues to escalate and so does vandalism. They even cut down the town Christmas tree a couple years ago. <BR>See you at the town meeting 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7pm.

morgs 05-16-2006 4:08 AM

Mike, <BR> <BR>Sorry to hear about that mate. Hope you find the guys that did it... <BR> <BR>We had our boat broken into over the weekend. All that was taken was the Ipod and jack cable. They must have been Muppets though as they left the 4 brand new boards + bindings, wake skate &amp; surf plus a heaps of other gear worth about 20 times what the Ipod was... <BR> <BR>The scary part for me now is if they can get in once, what’s stopping them coming back and totally ripping us off one night. We keep our boat in a slip, covered, in a locked area. The only thing more I can do to ensure security is to install some sort of alarm in the boat connected to the cover...

seaswirlmike 05-16-2006 4:52 AM

wow now come to find out someone shot up one of the cars out front of the house sunday night with a paintball gun. id say someones got something out for us. you'd think stealing all our beat would make them happy enough

fox 05-16-2006 6:27 AM

Thieves steal stuff they can easily sell or use themselves. Boards and bindings aren't easy to sell locally...small market. However electronics are very easy to offload. Also, you can easily cart off a pile of electronics equipment, while a couple of boards aren't as easy. I think that would explain why they take what they take. <BR> <BR>I would be worried if they were able to unscrew amps and stuff rather than just tear them out. To me that indicates that they were aware there was time enough to do that, and that they may be back another time.