WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Sa 550(worlds package) (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=801167)

chrisbucklin 02-15-2014 5:29 AM

Sa 550(worlds package)

I've got a 2013 sa 550 that I'm thinkin bout selling. We used it a lot,put 250 hours on it. No school or camp,just love to boat. What u think it's worth or what should I b able to get for it? Got the big 800 sacs in back. Have all records showing oil changes (ever 50 hours)and everything else. Over 3000 lbs in sacs.

cwb4me 02-15-2014 5:42 AM

Why are you selling?

chrisbucklin 02-15-2014 5:48 AM

Looking to get new every 2 yrs. but would ever year if I can

polarbill 02-15-2014 6:44 AM

I put it in the other thread but here in the NW I think it would be worth 80 to maybe 90.

tyler97217 02-15-2014 8:43 AM

Wow... 250 hours. Nice work!!!! Market is still fresh and new on those, but I would think 80K for sure with that 550 motor. Maybe able to get more for it. That boat is drop dead sweet. As long as you took good care of it, it should hold its value. I would pay the money to have it professionally detailed and looking showroom new. The buyer that is going to spend $80-90K on a used boat is going to be small and you want that thing to look showroom.

chrisbucklin 02-15-2014 9:40 AM

Yes we put our work in! On it everyday. Yes after every use wipe down and cleaned. Got it buffed and detailed. It's wrapped right now for winter. But will pull it out to sell

boardman74 02-15-2014 11:05 AM

We get a new one every year so I will give you my experience. I'm in Minnesota and if I recall you are in Wisconsin. I'm going to give you averages based on a few years. First the 250 hours on a year old boat is a ton. Its gonna effect what potential buyers are willing to pay, regardless of condition. Its like a year old car with 35,000 miles on it. Its gonna scare some buyers off. The average for this area is 50-75 a year. 100 is a great year. I don't know the market on your boat so I will give you average percentage. I always sell with less than 100 hours and in the same year(sell a 2013 in August of 2013). I do that because selling against hold overs lowers your used price. You want to be selling before dealers start slashing prices on hold overs. Your past that time so that will effect value. Sale price is usually between 65-70% of MSRP, usually being closer to 65%. 35% seems like a big hit, but its not realistic as we know people aren't paying MSRP. With many people paying 20% off MSRP, its only a 15% hit which is pretty normal for 1 year old vehicles. Used boats, especially newer used, is a country wide market and sometimes international. People are willing to drive a long ways to save some cash. That being said with your hours your going to have to be the cheapest boat like yours around to get it sold, as you probably have the most hours of any used SA550 in the country. Its awesome to use them that much, but there is also a price to pay.

chrisbucklin 02-15-2014 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boardman74 (Post 1864966)
We get a new one every year so I will give you my experience. I'm in Minnesota and if I recall you are in Wisconsin. I'm going to give you averages based on a few years. First the 250 hours on a year old boat is a ton. Its gonna effect what potential buyers are willing to pay, regardless of condition. Its like a year old car with 35,000 miles on it. Its gonna scare some buyers off. The average for this area is 50-75 a year. 100 is a great year. I don't know the market on your boat so I will give you average percentage. I always sell with less than 100 hours and in the same year(sell a 2013 in August of 2013). I do that because selling against hold overs lowers your used price. You want to be selling before dealers start slashing prices on hold overs. Your past that time so that will effect value. Sale price is usually between 65-70% of MSRP, usually being closer to 65%. 35% seems like a big hit, but its not realistic as we know people aren't paying MSRP. With many people paying 20% off MSRP, its only a 15% hit which is pretty normal for 1 year old vehicles. Used boats, especially newer used, is a country wide market and sometimes international. People are willing to drive a long ways to save some cash. That being said with your hours your going to have to be the cheapest boat like yours around to get it sold, as you probably have the most hours of any used SA550 in the country. Its awesome to use them that much, but there is also a price to pay.

With all that said,what should I expect to get for the boat?

MCObray 02-15-2014 3:28 PM

I would say 80k-85k is the range you're going to be in.

boardman74 02-16-2014 7:58 AM

I would guess around about 65-70% of MSRP as I said above. The only thing I see comparable is a 450 in Florida thats loaded with less than half the hours for 78K. I think the 80K number listed above looks to be about right.

mark197 02-17-2014 8:13 AM

Chris I will help you out. Here is the build thread.
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795415

redsupralaunch 02-17-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boardman74 (Post 1864966)

That sums it up perfectly. I too, have traded boats every year and you are right on the mark.

Nordicron 02-17-2014 3:07 PM

All I know trading boats in every year that cost $60-$70k is a lot different than what's going on now with these top boats. Losing 5-10% on a $60k boat is quite a bit different than on $100k plus rig. Not to mention the amount of sales tax you eat.
That said I think the price for this rig with over 200hrs should fetch $75k. I'd say your excess hrs prob are gonna cost you $5k on the market. How much money were you collecting from all those guys that were getting pulls behind that bad a$$ boat? I bet it wasn't $50 a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smitty75 02-17-2014 6:26 PM

That's what's nice in South Carolina. We have a max sales tax of $300 on just about everything with a motor.

mark197 02-18-2014 7:17 AM

Sales tax on a $100k boat in Wisconsin is $5000. It makes it really hard to keep the economy rolling. In a case like this the owner would not only have to swallow the $10k on the boat but the $5k on tax. That is a $60 / hr loss without counting payments, fuel, insurance ect.

smitty75 02-18-2014 7:40 PM

We do get hit with an annual use tax, but that's probably only 600 tops for something of that value. Either way, too rich for my blood. Will have to continue rocking my 2006 21v until the power ball numbers hit.