WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   2010 Slingy Question- rails... (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779163)

timmo 05-04-2010 5:36 AM

2010 Slingy Question- rails...

Sligshots are warrantied for use on rails right?

How are you finding the fins stand up to heavy slider use? Do they REALLY take the punishment?

Or do you just remove them, and if so how does it affect the track & edging for air tricks?

Do you put them back in for use on the boat?

I ride finless on my old O'Brien at the cable and love the freedom it gives, sliding all over the place, and it means I have to be really using the edge of the board. Going to demo the 2010 Response which sounds perfect for me (almost too good to be true if you can have a DuraBase AND flex!), but I know as well as you do, a board on paper ain't a board in the water!

Finally (sorry, going on a bit!) Bindings- which do you use with your SS? I want a light-weight setup...

wakeborder5 05-04-2010 7:09 AM

I don't believe they are warrantied for rails, the only boards that are one or two boards by Obrien. Most companies are pretty good about warrantying if it was not something caused by the rails tho.

If you're going to be doing air tricks, you're going to want to use the fins, they don't get that messed up on the rails anyways. If they do, get a pair of lyman fins which are a little more solid and more rounded and will take more abuse.

It seems like most of the guys that ride SS boards are using either SS bindings or LF bindings

hoss33 05-04-2010 10:07 AM

Ya I dont think slingshot warranties the board for rails, but other than that they cover just about anything. I dont ride fins with mine at the cable, but I do use them for boat. Still gets plenty of hook up for air tricks and never get caught up on rails with out the fins.

I got a pair of D3's that I have been riding for awhile and love em, but they are a bit heavy. So I got a pair of Ronix Reliks now and my whole board and boot setup only weights about 9lbs so its super light!

sidekicknicholas 05-04-2010 10:12 AM

No warranty from rail damage

the find hold up pretty good, I usually take them off for rails, its easy enough to edge w/o

behindtheboat 05-04-2010 10:32 AM

Only board that I know of warrantied for rails is that Obrien board. Nintzel will chime in soon

timmo 05-04-2010 12:34 PM

thanks guys,

looking forward to the demo more then ever now!

timmo 05-04-2010 1:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Forgot to say, can't believe the only guy I know with a Response thinks it's warrantied for rails & it's not :(

anyway, this is how my O'Brien looks underneath, she ain't gonna last much longer!

kristian 05-04-2010 3:24 PM

What Obrien is that? Looks like a double-up

BigTEX 05-04-2010 10:29 PM

definately looks like a nelson shape

timmo 05-04-2010 11:42 PM

It's a 143 SiLence. Yup, not a Science but a Silence.

Same mould as a Double Up Sirena- good spotting!

It doesn't feature in any of the WW archives or old O'Brien catalogues, I think the Science only came as a 142...? Maybe it was produced under license or something- I bought it used, it was probably an eBay job.

Either way, the clean, uncluttered base is real nice on rails & sliders, and I love the slipperyness on landings. As you can see I've bashed the hell out of it, and it still edges OK. Well, just about OK :D