WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   6'5" and need a board recommendation on a budget. (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=788293)

skongolf 06-18-2011 8:58 AM

6'5" and need a board recommendation on a budget.

We are looking for a wakesurf board recommendation but have a budget of around $200-300. I read alot of the posts about recommendations of boards and alot of them were out of my price range right now. I want the board to be usable for me and my GF. I am 6'5, 230 and my GF is 6', (not even going there:) Neither of us have wakesurfed yet, but we just bought a 01 X30 and want to give it a try. The boat actually throws a decent wake with the stock ballast and I have about 1400LBS of ballast bags lying around the garage. I know recommendations are asked for alot but I really do appreciate any help.

TheSqueakyWheel 06-18-2011 12:16 PM

My 6'9"/250 lb neighbor can surf my CWB Razr. Ditto my 6'3" 250 lb friend.

New is around $400. I have last years, in like-new condition, that I'd consider selling within your budget. PM me for more info if interested.

tmill 06-19-2011 4:57 PM

triple X surf and skim boards

Tripple X boards are great boards if you are working on a budget. Contact me if you have any questions about them

skongolf 07-13-2011 6:00 PM

What length board would I need I guess is a big factor. Looking at a 5' used LF, but I am thinking that is too short.

Sethjoe 07-13-2011 8:42 PM

I have a couple buddies that are brand new to wakesurfing and they are about 6'3" or so and weigh about the same as you and they went together and bought a cwb ride and it fits them perfect.

dirtracer27x 07-14-2011 8:11 PM

315 lb here and can ride a old school hyperlite landlock 5 ft 6 incher

dougr 07-15-2011 8:33 AM

i am 6'4 230 give or take, i have an oogle, IS swallow ( great board for everyone and uber fast) a sweet spot, a little small but works, and just ordered a new shred stixx custom 4'11 hasen,

look for a fast board, a blue lake, woody, etc used you will be much happier and you wont feel you wasted your money. IS has alot of great boards out there than work for your weight and height, mucus is new and gettin alot of good reviews for a price point board. after you really get into surfing, then get a board made for you. xxx is also a good option, stay away from wakeboard co. boards they just seem to make really slow boards hope this helps

mdaijogo 07-15-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sethjoe (Post 1693029)
I have a couple buddies that are brand new to wakesurfing and they are about 6'3" or so and weigh about the same as you and they went together and bought a cwb ride and it fits them perfect.

I have the CWB RIde and I am 6' 230lbs. I have yet to find the sweet spot on my boat and using Wake9's GINORMOUS wake. The board is slow as I have found out. I'll be putting Rain-X on it tonight for a surf session tomorrow to see if that helps at all.

Lakewakes have been recommended to me as they are more affordable than other name brand wakesurf boards. However, they are still out of your price range.

I would try renting the wakesurf boards if you can. That would definitely help in your decision.

m-