WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Slingshot fastrack mounts (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790392)

you_da_man 10-02-2011 6:23 PM

Slingshot fastrack mounts

I have a 141 2010 SS Reflex with traditional mounts and just got a 142 2011 SS Recoil with the fastrack mounts. Anyone else notice the widest fastrack mounting position is about an inch (probably slightly more) shorter than the traditional mounts.

TheHebrewHammer 10-02-2011 6:54 PM

I'm not a fan of these fastrack mounts. I demoed a 2012 Slingy today and the bindings slid out from the stance I had set to the ends of the track even though I had tightened them very securely.

behindtheboat 10-02-2011 8:15 PM

^^^ Same here. I was loving it and then noticed my stance had widened every set, and really noticed it after a hard landing and it maxed out.

TheHebrewHammer 10-02-2011 8:25 PM

The funny thing is that I didn't notice it for awhile after it happened. Maybe having a wider stance isn't so bad. I might try it on my own board.

But seriously, this is ridiculous. Not sure how common it is, but it's a huge issue.

Luker 10-03-2011 2:59 PM

I'm 5'9'' and I ride all the way out on my 2012 142 Response so I can't speak to the issue of sliding out... but, I can tell you that ever since I started riding SS I swap out those tall phillips screw heads for little nylon lock nuts. Instead of a screwdriver I keep a ratchet in my bag... way more secure and I don't ever even have to think about them coming loose :) Great piece of mind when you ride a lot

bobenglish 10-03-2011 5:51 PM

Now I need to go see if the bindings on my Kine have moved. Maybe I can use that as an excuse for my lousy riding this past weekend!

Dj2up10 10-04-2011 6:35 AM

Youd think that some hyperlite riders wouldve chimed in by now. Im planning on getting a slingshot deck for next season. ive always typically been all the way out anyway so it shouldnt matter, but im considering sizing up to a 144/145. in that case going all the way out might be an issue.

Also, i would think sliding bindings arent going to produce the injuries that a binding coming off would cause.

seth 10-04-2011 9:20 AM

The 145 SS boards still have the same 26" stance option as the rest of the lineup. I wish it was wider. For some reason the choice is wider at 27".

grkero 10-04-2011 9:42 AM

Those tracks are not great. I bought a snowboard last season with those sliding tracks, and no matter how hard I tighten everything up, they end up sliding around after a while.

behindtheboat 10-04-2011 9:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luker (Post 1712021)
I'm 5'9'' and I ride all the way out on my 2012 142 Response so I can't speak to the issue of sliding out... but, I can tell you that ever since I started riding SS I swap out those tall phillips screw heads for little nylon lock nuts. Instead of a screwdriver I keep a ratchet in my bag... way more secure and I don't ever even have to think about them coming loose :) Great piece of mind when you ride a lot

Can you post a picture or link to what you're referring to? Mine don't seem to come loose, as I have to loosen them in order to move them back to the correct location after they have moved out.

fredlap 10-04-2011 8:12 PM

You got more stance if you use it with the Rad or any other 2011 slingshot binding. I'm pretty hard on my hardware (210 pounds) and never notice any movement. But like on any other board, you got to check and tight your stuff sometime. If you want to fit a pair of d2 on a fast track system, you will loose a lot of stance for sure. It's been made for the new generation of binding, tha's it! Great stuff IMO. I got some complains about the Rad but not about the boards and the fast track system.

Luker 10-05-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by behindtheboat (Post 1712142)
Can you post a picture or link to what you're referring to? Mine don't seem to come loose, as I have to loosen them in order to move them back to the correct location after they have moved out.

I'll take a pic and post it at some point... I'm out of town away from my board for the week. Literally just take the post to ur local Lowe's and find a nylon lock nut that fits and ur good.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=nylon...:0&tx=79&ty=64