WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   (Cheap) Beach Vacation (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=785422)

marshk344 01-10-2011 2:54 PM

(Cheap) Beach Vacation

Been a while since I've been on here WWers, but I'm looking for a little help.

A few buddies and I are trying to get away to a beach somewhere for our Spring Break of sorts in late March. Had a condo lined up in Puerto Vallarta, but the Air Force tells us that all of Mexico will likely be a no-go for travel soon, so we're looking for somewhere else we can find a good deal.

Not really looking for anything special or crazy. Pretty much just want to sit on the beach all day, have some drinks, and go out at night without breaking the bank (which incredibly huge). Open to any ideas really. Thanks a lot!

baitkiller 01-10-2011 3:08 PM

FloriBamma!
The Redneck Riviera!
The Pan handle.

Also known as Panama City Beach, or Destin, or Ft. Walton Beach. All good, cheap choices with a plethora of hot coeds, reasonable hotels and miles of soft white sand.

texas has some great spots as well but I cant tell you what they are.

marshk344 01-10-2011 8:35 PM

We did the Panama City thing 2 years ago. Grew up in Texas, so been to the hot spots quite a few times. Looking for something reasonable in the Caribbean, thinking about St. Thomas?

kainishida 01-10-2011 10:21 PM

Sorry to get off subject but... I was planning a trip to puerto Vallarta next winter. What is the Air Force saying about travel into Mexico?

marshk344 01-10-2011 11:01 PM

From what we've been told, if you send up your trip itinerary, and at any point leading up to the trip things go south in the state you're travelling to or the powers that be decide that your trip may involve to much risk, then they can basically say that you aren't going. Some guys in my squadron had a trip to had a trip to Ixtapa for this spring shot down already. Consensus is that it's easier to just not bother with Mexico at all...

acurtis_ttu 01-11-2011 10:15 AM

Kai, I wouldnt' worry about visiting tourist destiantions in Mexico. It's very unlikely the United states would ever ban travel to these destinations or into Mexico in general. There are way to many political/economic implications. Now, being in the military ( I'm assuming MarshallK is) they may have restrictions put on them. this would make more sense to me. FYI, any civilian can still book travel to Ixtapa.

Michael 01-11-2011 10:18 AM

Go to Thiland. Best beaches in the world. The flights long about 800 buscks but you will hardly spend any money on stay and food.

kainishida 01-11-2011 11:57 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I'll definately keep an eye on the what's happening in the areas.

marshk344 01-11-2011 3:00 PM

Kai, Adam's right. Should have clarified, but that's just military restrictions. Otherwise, I wouldn't hesitate at all about visiting the usual Mexico destinations.

Riteride 01-11-2011 3:05 PM

Check out the Riu Santa Fe in cabo! You can get an all inclusive package for about $600-$800 for the week. Cabo's best bang for the buck!!!

migs 01-11-2011 3:27 PM

Los Angeles/San Diego

tripsw 09-08-2011 9:45 PM

Costa Rica isn't too expensive. Great beaches, great surf, nightlife, latinas....