WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   New Nautique Tower (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782370)

beretta5spd 08-04-2010 2:07 PM

New Nautique Tower

I was looking at the new pics up from the nationals and of course was checking out the 230s that were there..........with new graphics and all

I'm used to seeing this tower here:
http://newimages.yachtworld.com/2/0/7/1/3/2071321_1.jpg

and seen this one here:
http://www.wakeworld.com/gallery/p.p...cqNCY6LiY0LT4y

another shot:
http://www.wakeworld.com/gallery/p.p...M7LiIoNDsuPyY=

Is there any new info out on it? ie: is it preproduction? what's it called?

alans 08-04-2010 2:10 PM

I noticed them too in those pictures. Makes the boats look super long. I kinda like them.

kenv 08-04-2010 2:22 PM

Dwight,

Go over to Planet Nautique.com. It's called a FCT 5. Flight Control Tower 5th edition. Those are some of the first good pics posted of it in action from the Nationals

08-04-2010 2:26 PM

the one on top is not the new tower. it's the fct3.

beleza 08-04-2010 2:39 PM

yep, he said it the first pic is what he is USED to seeing, not that it was the new tower. I think he was just contrasting the old with the new...

beleza 08-04-2010 2:40 PM

It seems like it's really far back on the boat. It reminds me of a dang wakecraft tower. I don't like it, but maybe it will grow on me.

beretta5spd 08-04-2010 2:41 PM

Yea man I was just comparing the two....because the design is similar.

Shooter 08-04-2010 3:14 PM

I own a Nautique and admit I may have drank some of their kool aid, but I think I just threw it up. I dont like the new tower or graphic.

polarbill 08-04-2010 3:40 PM

It looks incredibly low, too far towards the back of the boat and just all around ugly. There is literally nothing I like about it.

Is it that far back because it folds forward and they need the clearance?

Shooter 08-04-2010 3:56 PM

Not cofimrmed, but I read that this is the only tower available for 2011. The original (FCT1), Titan (FCT2) or FCT3 towers are no longer a option.

mracrew 08-04-2010 4:06 PM

The reason the tower is lower and sits farther back in the boat is that it is designed to fold completely into the cabin of the boat and have nothing higher then the windshield, so there is a legit reason for the sacrifice in looks.

08-04-2010 4:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I still think its a little strange looking...

ajholt7 08-04-2010 4:44 PM

That green boat is sweet.

beleza 08-04-2010 4:56 PM

minus the tower...

dukeno1 08-04-2010 5:01 PM

I actually like it and I am a Malibu owner. The blue one looks pretty sweet to me with the bimini! I would buy it.....if I had an extra 80-100k burning a whole
in my pocket!

nautiquesonly 08-04-2010 5:04 PM

I have a nautique and am partial too. That is the ugliest tower I have ever seen. What the hell are they thinkig? I think witht that ugly a$$ tower my resale value just went up.

ajholt7 08-04-2010 5:05 PM

It is awesome compared to the Mastercraft Robotower.

malibuboats4 08-04-2010 5:39 PM

What the heck is the deal with maufacturers making weird towers and putting them in weird places on the boat only so they will fold down easier. I would rather have a boat that looked stupid with its tower down than a boat that looked stupid with its tower up.

bennn 08-04-2010 5:48 PM

Quote:

Not cofimrmed, but I read that this is the only tower available for 2011. The original (FCT1), Titan (FCT2) or FCT3 towers are no longer a option.
hope not... then again i wont be buying a new boat anytime soon :P

razzman 08-04-2010 6:27 PM

The comments crack me up because they are the same as said for the current tower. See you can get used to anything. Imo it's better looking than the previous version.

killer52 08-04-2010 6:33 PM

The tower is ok, what is horrible is the look of the tower with the Z5 bimini on it.
The z5 is an awesome cargo carrier, why not design it better, especially the way it attaches to the tower

boardnxtx 08-04-2010 7:54 PM

Definitely terrible looking. Nautique and Mastercraft = epic failures for tower design in 2011. The FCT3 was sweet, why would they change it to that horrible looking batwing??

kenv 08-04-2010 9:56 PM

Shooter...the FCT3 will still be available at least on the new 200 V-drive.

behindtheboat 08-05-2010 6:08 AM

and i'm opposite. I don't care how it looks as much as how it functions. Being able to lower all the way down is a major plus and sell to some people.

chattwake 08-05-2010 6:32 AM

Hahah. That black boat was my '09 demo. I sold it to some doctor in Maryland.

I'm having trouble swallowing that new tower too. My understanding is that it was designed to fold forward below the windshield to be more garage/storage friendly. However, it is lower than the fct3 and is mounted a little further back. You cannot order a 210 ro 230 with any other tower but this one - which I refer to as the FCT5. I'm a wetsounds guy. I've had sets of 485's on my last three 230's. I've also got a z5 on my 2010 and I had one put on that black '09. It takes some squeezing to get the 485's to fit with the z5 on the FCT3. It doesn't look like there is any way that 485's will fit on the FCT5 with a z5. The z5 for the FCT3 could be moved up or down, depending on where you mounted the hardware. My understanding is that, on the FCT5, the z5 mounts in only one spot, which was incorporated into the tower design - thus leaving no ability to put 485's or maybe even pro 80's on the tower (unless you flip them upside down which I am not willing to do).

I love my z5, and I would not own a boat without one after having one for two years. Unless something gets figured out where I can put 485's on the FCT5 with a z5, I'm going to have a real problem.

I love all of the other 2011 changes, and the price didn't go up much. I just wish I had more tower choices.

chattwake 08-05-2010 6:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's what that black boat looked like with the z5 and 485's. Here's a shot of my '10 with the same setup. I just don't see how any big speakers are going to fit on the FCT5 with the z5 mounted the way it is.

chattwake 08-05-2010 7:01 AM

My dealer gets a 2011 this month I think. I'll go do some measuring and get back to you guys. I've had nothing but great experiences with my 230's, so I really hope I can get everyting to work out again.

srock 08-05-2010 7:02 AM

It doesn't look like the bimini covers the driver very well.

wetsounds1 08-05-2010 7:03 AM

chat,

I have one coming so I am on it. I will let you know what we find out on fitment and what we can do.

Tim
Wet Sounds

chattwake 08-05-2010 7:04 AM

You'd be surprised. My z5 provides excellent coverage for the driver's seat and other areas of the interior.

chattwake 08-05-2010 7:06 AM

Tim,

That's awesome. Please keep me in the loop.

srock 08-05-2010 7:07 AM

The second photo looks like the cover is too far back.

jjaszkow 08-05-2010 7:17 AM

I really liked the look of the FCT3 tower, and when we were shopping for a new boat, the 230 with FCT3 was very high on our list. There is no way that we would consider one with the FCT5, it looks totally out of place on the boat.

aarond0083 08-05-2010 7:53 AM

Coming from a Nautique owner, I hate the new tower. I didn't care much for the FCT-3 but this one is much worse. Way too far back and way too low. I could care less about folding height as my garage has 11' doors. When I ordered my 2009 210 I chose the FCT-2 Titan over the newer FCT-3 Roswell. If this is the only option for new Nautiques then I will not be buying a new boat until they offer more tower options.

beretta5spd 08-05-2010 8:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chattwake (Post 1617941)
Hahah. That black boat was my '09 demo. I sold it to some doctor in Maryland.

yeah man I realized that when I posted :) did a google search and bam... that was the first pic that came up

lakesurfer 08-05-2010 8:26 AM

I dont own a SAN, but I am a big fan. That new tower is UGLY. It may be functionally great, but having it that far back just looks wrong. I really hope that is not the only tower option available.

08-05-2010 8:35 AM

What is that weird "ear" on the tower just above the board racks?? Also on the blue boat with the Z5 Cargo Rack on it, what the heck are those black, long plate things??

alans 08-05-2010 8:38 AM

The Ears look like they are tower speaker Mounts and the black plates look like adapter pieces for the Z5.

migs 08-05-2010 8:38 AM

hate it....
as far as I know for a 230 - thats the only option you have.
My buddy just ordered a 2011 230 & thats the only tower avail for his 230 build.
CC should at least have 1 other option besides the FCT5 to choose from....
thank god i was able to get mine with my fav tower.....if thats the only tower I could get on my brand new SAN - that would be a deal breaker for me

dbdb 08-05-2010 8:49 AM

http://www.wakeworld.com/gallery/alb...utique-2-d.jpg

About 10 minutes ago, I would have agreed with everyone here that the new tower is a mistake. After going through the photos of the Nautique Nationals I came across this photo. I think it looks good moving. Sitting still - I'm still on the fence. I do like that when its sitting still, you can really see the lines of the boat. Its nice that towers aren't overpowering the boats anymore. It seems like alot of boats are going to a more simple tower and clean lines.

I realize I am in the minority here, but I have like almost all of their towers, especially the FCT 1 and FCT 3.

08-05-2010 8:54 AM

My vote may not count much as I don't own a SAN but I give that new tower "2 thumbs down". I don't like it at all, zero, zip, nada !

mdaijogo 08-05-2010 9:04 AM

Pictures of the tower folded down would be good to see.

m-

gregtay 08-05-2010 9:05 AM

Last night we were out surfing and i friend showed us photos of the new tower... I am a 'bu fan, other buddy has a Moomba but wants a 'bu, and the 3rd guy is a diehard Mastercraft guy... but we all have some huge respect for CC... but wow.. we were laughing at the new tower... just can't believe it. I almost purchased a 230 with the FCT3 a few years ago and i loved the tower. Even the FCT4 kind of grew on me... but this thing is just ugly. My wife saw the photo and it took 5 minutes to convince her that it wasn't a joke and this was the real tower for 2011.

I understand the "fold down lower than the windshield" thing... my Illusion XS tower on my 23LSV does that... and i am going to guess that my tower is mounted back just as far (maybe further) but it angles further forward so the lines blend in with the boat much better. I believe the new Tige tower also folds down below the level of the windshield (but backwards into the boat) an they still managed to do with with syle. Curious to see the FCT5 in person... but yikes.

Didn't the FCT4 fold down below the windshield???

chattwake 08-05-2010 9:55 AM

No, the FCT4 folds like half way down so the boat, on the trailer is still like 8'6 tall.

jjaszkow 08-05-2010 10:56 AM

Greg, the FCT4 folds about 3" to 4" above the windshield. Even if the tower folded completely into the boat a 230 wouldn't fit into my garage.

I think I'd like this tower a bit better if bases didn't look so out of place and if it was angled a bit more forward. The inside of the base (facing the interior of the boat) would look a LOT better than the panel on the outside of the base. Hopefully they'll come up with a better looking design soon.

Shooter 08-05-2010 10:57 AM

I think you should get function and good looks for 80K+ (other boat manufactures seem do it). No one knows how well it will function yet, but it looks they took a step back from the pictures. The tower looks very low and narrow. You will need to wear a helmet while in the boat after adding some speaker, racks and a Z5. The fold down height will be a benefit for those with a standard garage, but at what cost.

I like the comments about the need to "get used to it". It’s like sitting in a room full of fart all night and not realizing how bad it stinks until you step outside. For the record, I really liked the FCT3 until I saw it in person. I felt the welding work on the FCT3 looked like it was done by a 7th grader in metal shop. Hope they do a better job on this one.

I'm always a Nautique advocate; I feel I should be just as vocal when I see the negative.

stang_killa_ss 08-05-2010 11:26 AM

holy crap thats ugly. looks like some hillbilly with a welder got drunk and had some fun. wow thats the worst tower ive seen for 2011. worst thant he MC robot tower.

alans 08-05-2010 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It is proven and time tested.

I am a fan.

beleza 08-05-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

I like the comments about the need to "get used to it". It’s like sitting in a room full of fart all night and not realizing how bad it stinks until you step outside.

That one had me laughing out loud!

chattwake 08-05-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stang_killa_ss (Post 1618181)
holy crap thats ugly. looks like some hillbilly with a welder got drunk and had some fun. wow thats the worst tower ive seen for 2011. worst thant he MC robot tower.

Well, that's a bit over the top man. The tower may not be a bell ringer, but it's no worse looking than some other towers on the market. I just hope that wetsounds speakers will fit.

08-05-2010 1:06 PM

My opinion is that this is one sick tower!! You are all so uninformed and judging a book by it's cover. You wana talk about UGLY? I wonder what Shooter and his 8th grade welds look like? This tower is dope. Go see and play with one in person, then comment. I did. Here's some details to enlighten you all on the new FCT5.

It has 2 different fold setting blocks (bridge and garage) so that you can control the tower fold height. Fold it to bridge setting so you can still drive but make it under a bridge or fold it to garage setting to get it into the ridiculously low 7' foot garage you own. It also has super easy to use quick release board racks. Yes, you can keep them on the tower to fold but again, if you own a 7 foot garage just pop them off. They also have a new swivel that is super compact and really easy to use. This tower still has spinning speakers like the FCT-3 (amazing system). The new speakers are awesome to say the least. The housing is completely aluminum compared to the flaky, chrome plated plastic speakers that Titan is infamous for.. All of these accessories fold to below 7 feet with the tower. I even hear that there is going to be a bimini option as well that will fold and store on the tower and still be able to lower the tower to below 7 feet. Any other companies offering color options to match your boat???? I think not!! Long live CC/Roswell and their trend setting, envelope pushing ways!!

polarbill 08-05-2010 1:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild10 (Post 1618246)
My opinion is that this is one sick tower!! You are all so uninformed and judging a book by it's cover. You wana talk about UGLY? I wonder what Shooter and his 8th grade welds look like? This tower is dope. Go see and play with one in person, then comment. I did. Here's some details to enlighten you all on the new FCT5.

It has 2 different fold setting blocks (bridge and garage) so that you can control the tower fold height. Fold it to bridge setting so you can still drive but make it under a bridge or fold it to garage setting to get it into the ridiculously low 7' foot garage you own. It also has super easy to use quick release board racks. Yes, you can keep them on the tower to fold but again, if you own a 7 foot garage just pop them off. They also have a new swivel that is super compact and really easy to use. This tower still has spinning speakers like the FCT-3 (amazing system). The new speakers are awesome to say the least. The housing is completely aluminum compared to the flaky, chrome plated plastic speakers that Titan is infamous for.. All of these accessories fold to below 7 feet with the tower. I even hear that there is going to be a bimini option as well that will fold and store on the tower and still be able to lower the tower to below 7 feet. Any other companies offering color options to match your boat???? I think not!! Long live CC/Roswell and their trend setting, envelope pushing ways!!

Doesn't change the fact that it is ugly. I am all for Function but not when you completely sacrifice looks. The Pontiac Aztec was pretty functional. I would never buy on though as it is fugly as hell. If you mainly care about function and you dig the tower than that is awesome. Sounds like the perfect tower for you.

To me it seems like all these companies are coming out with different selling features for their boats without thinking about looks at all.

wake77 08-05-2010 1:28 PM

It does resemble a Wakecraft tower.

Shooter 08-05-2010 1:50 PM

Wild: So it folds like a champ, so does my FCT1! If the tower speakers are not color matched bullets or W/S, I could care less. How was the headroom? Any other advantages? I need more than that to overlook the poor styling. You must work for Roswell

mdaijogo 08-05-2010 4:39 PM

The tower on the MB F21/TWB will fit in a 7' garage with almost all those features. The bimini needs to be removed though. In fact, the tower can fold down to fit a garage smaller than 7' tall. It fits in my setup: 6' 13/16" with some room to clear. Just stating an "informed" opinion.

m-

kko13 08-06-2010 6:27 PM

Wild all that you said it great but it wont change the fact that it makes me puke every time I see it. Sorry I give it and A for function but F for looks. Sorry its fuggly as hell and that cant be over looked.
The one person I know will love this is the guy who designed the MC robo tower now he is of the hook for worlds worst tower.

Shooter 08-08-2010 2:43 AM

http://tige.com/performance/Alpha_Z_Tower

I was never a Tige fan, but their boat looks better every year. Never rode in one, but I really like the lines of the tower. It folds to "windshild hight",built in docking / anchor lights, color match and even has wetsounds as a option. Very clean looking and functional.

venom93corba 08-08-2010 9:50 AM

No offense guys but that is the ugliest looking tower I've ever seen. Completely did not see that coming from Nautique.

kko13 08-08-2010 11:52 AM

Shooter the alpha z tower will fold just below the windsheild and will fit into a 7ft garage. And the easiest tower ever to fold (less than 5 seconds 1 person). wetsounds speakers are in all tige boats. only speaker they offer.One of the best things tige did was get rid of kicker and go with wetsounds across the board in their boats. they use wetsounds amps as well.

tazz3069 08-09-2010 5:45 AM

I really hope that that is not the only tower that will be available. That will make me look at a different boat, or keep my current Moomba.

wakebrdjay 08-09-2010 6:48 AM

Is the green one a 210 and the others 230s?If so it looks kinda ok on the 210 but just looks wierd on the 230s.When I first saw the FCT3 I didn't really like it but I didn't think it looked awful,this one looks awful and I don't think it will grow on me either..

MattieK27 08-09-2010 6:52 AM

So a simpler, more compact design from Nautique and it's ugly? To me, all towers are ugly, as they are tacked on aluminum/steel structures that always take away from the lines of the boat. It's like debating how good a roof rack looks, and not the car it's on.

I guess all I'm saying is I don't see it as a big deal like some. It looks alot like the previous tower, and as long as this one can fold below windshield level it works for me.