WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   CWB Answer bindings (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777376)

baitkiller 03-10-2010 6:28 AM

CWB Answer bindings

I spent last summer trying to keep these laces tight. They would always seem to come loose half way through a set. Nothing like elbow hanging and lace pulling at 20mph.
Has anyone replaced the laces and / or lace locks? If so how did it work out?
Link? brand?.
Ideas?
Thanks.

dirwoody 03-10-2010 7:10 AM

I threw some thicker - athletic type laces on my Zeus' and it worked like a charm. Just be sure to jam the tightner down before you jump in, should be fine. Changing them out doesn't take long, did mine on the way across KC to the cable park, 20 minutes tops - without the right tools, in a car. No biggie

guido 03-10-2010 10:22 AM

Yup, it sucks, but the round laces don't seem to hold up. I've changed over to standard laces, too, and it works great. Never a bad idea to carry around a couple extra sets of long laces (hiking boot laces work great or high top basketball shoes) just in case. Nothing ruins a wake weekend quicker than a broken lace.

hillbilly 03-10-2010 4:48 PM

I'm with Evan on this one ! I also just run 1 long lace and tie it like a tennis shoe would. And I carry an extra pair of laces in the glove box....

bogartsomeday 03-10-2010 10:35 PM

My laces on my answers broke and i just replaced each lace (4 total-two on each foot) with skate shoe laces and it completely eliminated the problem of them loosening up while riding. I had that same problem and i like my bindings tight so it really frustrated me every little bit the laces loosened. So like your doing, i would throw my arm through the handle and try to reach down and tighten them...very tough at 24 mph lol. Regular skate laces worked AWESOME without any wear and tear. I suggest switching them over. It may seem like regular laces dont fit through the fastener but they do, just gotta get some plyers or somethin.

baitkiller 03-11-2010 3:24 AM

OK,. regular laces. Are you tying them in a bow? or did you say you can stuff them through the lace locks?

guido 03-11-2010 12:27 PM

I still use the lace locks.

Incidently, what Codi mentioned reminded me of something...... The round laces actually hold up really well if you don't totally reef on the laces. The more you tighten them, the more quickly they seem to wear out. I've gotten full seasons out of laces on bindings that fit really well. For '08/'09 I was in between sizes and went up one size. The laces would wear quick from cinching them really tight.

stephan 03-11-2010 12:40 PM

Thats funny, I've not had a problem with my laces for my 08s or 09s. It might be as Evan says, I use a size smaller than I could, I like em snug. When you guys lock them down do you make sure that the lock is clamped down tight?

sactoshreder 03-11-2010 1:16 PM

Man, I was planning on upgrading to the answers this year, but I guess I should look at something else. :confused:

thedoubleupkid 03-11-2010 2:07 PM

As far as the Answers go they are a solid purchase, no warranty issues. The laces can have issues but if you are a super heavy user - grab some skate laces and you're dailed for the season.

baitkiller 03-11-2010 5:55 PM

Doug, wash that foul taste out of your mouth. I love my boots but because I ride a transcend every Tom and Harry Dick boosts my board. That in mind my bindings get 4X the use of "normal" wear. Love the heel locks. (Like Ronix boots too) But for now.... The Answer is the answer. The posters above have assured me that 3$ at Walgreen's is gonna cure my elbow hanging.

Good luck whatever you do. The Baitkiller is rolling Saturday. Come for a ride. I have a 142 Pure with Vapors to try as well.

BTW 2009 boots and board.

chaser 03-12-2010 10:42 AM

Boarder best buy has the 08's in xl and xxl for cheap today! $96 plus $18 shipping.

john211 03-12-2010 10:49 AM

Hey CWB. I sent you a PM an hour ago asking you questions about CWB bindings.

You're welcome to post my PM and then your response here if you like. It's not like it's really personal or anything. And yes, and I am wondering if the answer is Answer.

mc_x15 03-14-2010 7:42 AM

+1 for skate laces. Works like a charm