WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Malibu Boat Part (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782052)

kikitlo 07-26-2010 8:12 PM

Malibu Boat Part

3 Attachment(s)
So I'm out on the delta enjoying the day on Saturday. Around 6:15 getting ready to call it quits I see a boat in the tullies with paddles. I pull over to see if they need help and of course they do. I understood them to say the've run out of fuel and ask if I can tow them over to Garlic Brothers. I say sure and begin the trek. Takes about 15 min no big deal. Don't want to leave anyone stranded (Karma). As we approach village west I see the gas pumps and say "You want me to drop you off there?" They say no they have people coming to Garlic Brothers, Fine what ever. So theres no parking so I try to get them to the end of the dock. No one on my boat is paying enough attention and everyone on their boat is content to sit there like royalty. The guys on my boat untie the tow line then I yell " watch the..." Bam. Their boat hits mine and smashes in my rear vent. They say thanks and thats all. errrrr. Not that its entirely their fault its just frustrating.

Sooo, I just needed to rant and ask, does anyone know where I might be able to buy a new rear port side vent just in case I am unable to get the old one straightened out? Its for a 2007 LSV.
Thanks in advance

cjh1669 07-26-2010 8:16 PM

I'd take a look on bakes

cwb4me 07-26-2010 8:30 PM

it looks like you can fix it with round anvil and body hammer.

liljohn 07-26-2010 9:22 PM

I will second robert a rubber malet and some glue for the mesh.. should get you buy untill you can find a replacment.

talltigeguy 07-26-2010 9:25 PM

I still think your life is better because of having done the good deed. I am glad to know there are still good people out there who wouldn't leave guys stranded. Somehow it will come back to you.

Good luck with your repair!

bruizza 07-27-2010 7:37 AM

No good deed goes unpunished...... Luckily it doesn't look too bad.

malibudude 07-27-2010 8:15 AM

Any dealer can get that part. Stan @ Boat Country can get you setup.

chris4x4gill2 07-27-2010 11:39 AM

good for you doing the right thing, sucks on the damage though but I think you can fix that so that it looks fine. Probably wont be able to tell without a close inspection. Of course it will always stand out to you becasue you know its there though.

noel_peterson 07-27-2010 12:39 PM

Nice guys finish....well you know

Cory, if your boat wasn't so damn big, you would've cleared that other guy.

shawndoggy 07-27-2010 12:45 PM

Hey cory were you out over memorial day? I got a tow in on the delta from a green 23lsv that day... believe me, we'll always remember how grateful we were (and how humbling it was to ask). If that was you, major props man.

Either way, look at the dent this way... no real structural damage and now everytime somebody says "dang, how did that happen?" you get to tell the story of what a selfless guy you are.

kikitlo 07-27-2010 4:25 PM

Yeah thanks guys. I do believe in karma and paying it forward. Glad that you guys see it the same way. I will try and fix it myself as I do belive it will be easily fixed...We'll see.

Shawndoggy I was out on Memorial but did not tow anybody in. If I had seen you I still would have though. Again, leave no man behind, especially when there are women and children.

I remember being stranded out on the delta as a kid with my father over night because no one would stop.