WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Ronix Cell Bindings (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777325)

Laker1234 03-08-2010 3:18 PM

Ronix Cell Bindings

Anyone have any good or bad things to say about the 2009 Ronix Cell Bindings?

tchs22 03-08-2010 6:11 PM

search is your best friend.....there are plenty of threads on the 09 cell......

Laker1234 03-08-2010 6:27 PM

Thanks, didn't think to do that.

lfrider92 03-08-2010 8:32 PM

the 09 cells rock. im a fan of soft bindings, and a friend of mine let me ride their board, and it had a pair of cells on it, so i just rode with what was on it, and i couldnt believe how comfortable they where, it was my first experience with ronix gear, and i was very impressed. i would defiantly recommend them

hawkeye7708 03-08-2010 9:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ron,

The 09 Cells are absolutely amazing boots. They are the most supportive and comfortable I've put my foot into thus far. Super light, and they have a great feel with Ronix's Baseless construction. ZERO heel lift in these babies. At first impression, they do seem unnaturally stiff but get few sets in on them, and they'll be supportive when you want them to be, and still have plenty of flexibility to tweak out your grabs the way you want to. Highly recommend them. Any other questions, just let me know! Ronix all the way! :D

jeff_mn 03-09-2010 6:55 AM

I love my 09' Cells. Very comfy, stiff and look great as a bonus.

03-09-2010 11:39 AM

For sure the best boots I've ever ridden. I've been using both the 09 One's and the Cell's and I finally decided to stick to the Cell's due to the comfort and support.

Laker1234 03-09-2010 1:57 PM

Thanks, that what I wanted to hear. I'm hoping to get a pair at a closeout and had heard that they didn't hold up well but sounds as though I'll give them a try.

migs 03-09-2010 2:41 PM

Hey Ben - how is it that your cells dont have that attachment to the screw so that they fit into the hole patterns on the board?
I have my 09 cells on my LF witness and they need that metal attachment. But i can almost swear that its needed on the Viva also?????

joshugan 03-10-2010 12:04 PM

The cells are amazing!

just picked some up two weeks ago and they've made wakeboarding way more fun for me!

hawkeye7708 03-10-2010 1:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by migs (Post 1560256)
Hey Ben - how is it that your cells dont have that attachment to the screw so that they fit into the hole patterns on the board?
I have my 09 cells on my LF witness and they need that metal attachment. But i can almost swear that its needed on the Viva also?????

Miguel,

Your talking about the extenders right? It's got something with the binding plate width in comparison to the insert spacing. The first few runs on the Cells I used them one insert in of fully spaced, that stance is pictured. You can see the furthest insert hole open on the top picture i posted. To get to fully spaced on Ronix boards from 09, which is the way I'm riding it now (I'm pretty sure they changed this for 2010) you've got to use the spacers to get the boot all the way out. This is probably also the case with the LF boards when you have Ronix boots on them. It's all about the insert pattern. LF runs 3 inserts, and Ronix runs 4. It's all about the spacing.

devildog_ra 03-10-2010 1:42 PM

Cells are awesome but not that durable

I LOVE my Ronix cells they are the lightest and most comfortable bindings i have ever ridden...by far! With that comfort and light weight comes a lack of durability though but if your able to get 2010 bindings and something were to wear down, stitch come undone, or something break Ronix has great customer service and would be able to help you out. With that said the problems i have seen with the boots have been minor. i have five friends currently riding '09 cells and i have seen some issues with all of them: Like the stitches for the tounge coming undone but not to the extent that it effects the performance, the lace retaining clip on several of them have broken and some other minor problems. All of these friends ride a lot and are still able to use there bindings this year. I wouldnt recomend any other boot but i wanted you to know some of the cons before making your decision.

migs 03-10-2010 2:42 PM

Ben - Yes - youre right - i ride all the way out - I need to use that spacer to get the boot all the way to the last hole. Gotta use it on both my LF & the Viva. - didnt lke the Viva though since its nothing like my covin that I snapped - so back on my witness for now.