WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   North Carolina roll call (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796266)

MIKEnNC 11-26-2012 9:55 PM

North Carolina roll call

Who is in nc and where specifically,,, I am in fayetteville and go to Harris lake and Jordan lake

boardjnky4 11-27-2012 5:15 AM

Falls lake and harris here

jonblarc7 11-27-2012 6:06 AM

I'm in High Point and ride Oak Hollow my almost private lake LOL and I ride Belews and High Rock.

wspeedin 11-27-2012 6:47 AM

Im here in Charlotte/Monroe. I ride on Mountain Island, Lake Norman and Badin Lake.

williamburell 11-27-2012 7:53 AM

Falls here. Go to hyco and harris if I'm really desperate for an after work ride. North raleigh area local

hrwboarder 11-27-2012 11:01 AM

In Raleigh most of the time now.. Home lake is High Rock but I ride Falls a good bit as well. Pretty much wherever I can be on a board! Myself and a few others from the NCSU club were riding Hexagon every day and then East Coast Wake Park as much as we could make it out there as well.

King12 11-27-2012 11:41 AM

Chapel Hill here, ride hexagon mostly with some guys and my girlfriend on the unc club, as I dont have a boat connection. Have ridden up at Kerr Lake with the club president though

lax4life 11-27-2012 4:06 PM

I live in the raleigh area, but head up to Gaston almost every weekend.

Mjlee1985 11-27-2012 4:57 PM

North Raleigh...falls every weekend march-October

MIKEnNC 11-27-2012 8:09 PM

Its a long ways til next season but looking to link up with other riders at Harris mostly, I will bring others but would expect a gas contribution, mainly looking for people with same interest in boarding that r serious about getting better

Wake08 11-28-2012 4:41 AM

Fayetteville, mostly ride on Jordan and Harris, just depends on wherever I can find a ride. Mike I'd love to come out and ride with you next season; I'm a professional mooch so always good for gas money and helping out before/after as needed.

MIKEnNC 11-28-2012 5:25 AM

Sounds good, u work in Fayetteville too? Maybe we have crossed paths before

MIKEnNC 11-30-2012 7:05 AM

bump to top, no more nc riders than this? depressing

11-30-2012 7:35 AM

I tried but couldnt land a job up there, even had a local address I used. So Im stuck down here working & riding yr round.

skillz 11-30-2012 1:57 PM

Raleigh, Falls Lake sometimes Gaston or Kerr

jdb11386 11-30-2012 3:01 PM

I'm outside of Dunn, mostly ride here at home, but sometimes go to Harris. I usually make an appearance at Gaston or Jordan once or twice a year.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

MIKEnNC 11-30-2012 5:27 PM

What lake is in dunn

Tlaw 11-30-2012 7:23 PM

I'm in Huntersville and ride on Mountain Island lake.

jdb11386 11-30-2012 7:34 PM

I have a 45 acre pond that we own that I ride on.

King12 12-02-2012 1:38 PM

that sounds sick ^^

jdb11386 12-02-2012 5:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King12 (Post 1796708)
that sounds sick ^^

Yea it definitely has its perks. But I still like to get out and ride somewhere different every so often.

addison 12-02-2012 7:36 PM

Raleigh here. Go up to Gaston with a friend a lot and sometimes ride on Jordan or Falls

Wake08 12-03-2012 12:50 PM

Mike, ya I work on Bragg.

Jared, you need to come out to Harris some next season, there's a good group of folks that ride there and have a good time.

williamburell 12-04-2012 7:12 AM

We really should do a WW get together at falls or harris come springtime

MIKEnNC 12-04-2012 9:14 AM

im down for a harris lake wakeboard meet and greet, maybe we could start some type of organization, club, or at least regular get togethers to hang out and advance our skills, maybe even rotate it, they allow camping at jordan lake we might be able to set up a weekend camp and grill out throw some back and have a blast all weekend long

MIKEnNC 12-04-2012 9:15 AM

thats kind of what i was heading towards by starting the NC roll call

williamburell 12-04-2012 9:51 AM

Def down for that. I need some better people to ride with too. Its sad when I'm just starting w2w and I'm the best person on my boat. Never gonna learn jack with hacks

Harris would work for me even though we've got a minute before it warms up.

12-04-2012 10:11 AM

^^^ What do they do just go out & get drunk?

williamburell 12-04-2012 10:24 AM

ding

jdb11386 12-04-2012 10:29 AM

That's a common occurrence with my friends. The only plus is that the more belligerent everyone gets the better the video footage gets.

williamburell 12-04-2012 11:28 AM

All joking aside theres 2 or 3 people who have gotten way more interested in the past year but without someone in boat pointing out issues and pushing us its not gonna get much better. And everyone likes to have a lil bit to drink

jesutton 12-04-2012 11:43 AM

Live in Raleigh and hit Falls. Live 5 min from the Bartons Creek ramp.

Also go up to Hyco and Mayo a lot as well.

williamburell 12-04-2012 12:20 PM

james think i asked you before but what boat are you in. I live right there at 6forks/540 and hit falls weekly during summer

MIKEnNC 12-04-2012 12:57 PM

lets do a boat call as well, i am in 2007 nautique sv211 team edition all black and white with monster jl audio stereo system, deciding now on my next boat, have a thread going on in another post of deciding between g23 and tige rz2, i am gonna fly to texas tige factory soon and have factory tour and boat demo, then decision should come shortly after

12-04-2012 1:04 PM

These guys will like you more at the meetups if you have the G23:) jk

Mjlee1985 12-04-2012 5:29 PM

+1 on the g23! I am defiantly down for a ww meet up. We suck at wakeboarding but we try! I picked up a cream colored older vlx at the end of last season, I drop at Barton's creek.

King12 12-04-2012 8:39 PM

would be down for a meet up for sure! I am very much a beginner but im learning, and having fun. Its very difficult to progress as a college student with no access to a boat however, so a meet and greet would be so sick.

jonstrom119 12-04-2012 9:11 PM

whats goin on just saw the nc roll call so here I am! I ride at falls, harris, kerr, gaston, belews, norman, and wherever the weather is good! I started this summer and all I want to do is get better. Don't have a boat yet but thats about to change before the season. Hope yall have a good holiday season and hope the wake elves are good to you!

Wake08 12-05-2012 4:37 AM

Wow, definitely turned out with a lot more riders than I would have though. I'm getting excited about spring time already!

+1 about having someone out on the boat to push each other. I still ride scared when it comes to working on inverts but having someone else around throwing them makes me less of a sissy.

williamburell 12-05-2012 5:56 AM

Quote:

would be down for a meet up for sure! I am very much a beginner but im learning, and having fun. Its very difficult to progress as a college student with no access to a boat however, so a meet and greet would be so sick.
Joel we do alot of morning rides (2 or 3 of us). Feel free to shoot me your info. Could always fit another rider if you don't mind not riding in a G23 haha

Quote:

These guys will like you more at the meetups if you have the G23 jk
Bring the G23 for rides and ill bring the strippers!

Looks like a ton of bartons guys which is awesome. I've got a friend with a place up at hyco too. Should be some early march riding up there. Nice dock and private boozing cove.

MIKEnNC 12-05-2012 6:46 AM

yeah this is going good, when i first started the thread i didn't think i would get this many results and responses, i consider myself to be a beginner to intermediate rider and nothing special, but i sure do have fun doing it and want to progress to the local celebrity, lol, jk guys, all in fun and i do have fun doing it, falling, jumping or just riding, its all a blast to me, sounds like we might have some good turnouts this year if we plan them good, harris i think is more kind of in the middle of most people responding so it seems like that would be a good start to the meets, then we can rotate them of course to try others as well

MIKEnNC 12-05-2012 6:58 AM

william, damn dude how do u ride in early march, man that would be freezing temps, make by ballz shrivel just thinking about it,,,,,, if so ur a bad dude, salute!
man id like to get a pull or two on your private pond some time if u got availability if its cool

MIKEnNC 12-05-2012 7:05 AM

do you guys bring your girls and have girls that ride or is it just the guys, me and a couple of my friends that ride have our girls that are starting to ride too and are working on some tricks as well as the guys

King12 12-05-2012 7:12 AM

haha I bring my girl if its possible... shes better than I am..
and William, sounds awesome dude ill shoot you a pm, and I wouldnt know what to do with a g23! hahah ive only ridden behind an outboard and a 91 supra haha

jdb11386 12-05-2012 9:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKEnNC (Post 1797148)
william, damn dude how do u ride in early march, man that would be freezing temps, make by ballz shrivel just thinking about it,,,,,, if so ur a bad dude, salute!
man id like to get a pull or two on your private pond some time if u got availability if its cool

I'm always looking new people to join me at home. I've got an 07 centurion enzo 230. I'm always looking to get some serious riders that want to get better. I have had some tournament quality guys at the house in the past but they've gotten a little older and it's harder to get them out there. My place isn't the biggest in the world but it's nice being the only boat on the water, and I'm not against riding a little this winter. I don't think I'm going to winterize my boat this year as long as the building its in stays above freezing.

williamburell 12-05-2012 9:29 AM

Quote:

Earliest I rode last year was first week of march at hyco. Hot spot is killer when air temps get to 70+. We rode like 2nd or 3rd week out at harris without suits and trust me my balls were lodged in my stomach for a week minimum.
Quote:

do you guys bring your girls and have girls that ride or is it just the guys, me and a couple of my friends that ride have our girls that are starting to ride too and are working on some tricks as well as the guys
my girl slaloms and likes the tube more than anything. Got her on a board at the end of the season and think she is hooked. Getting her a setup for xmas. Another couple rides with us every weekend and she is far more persistent about riding than he is.

Quote:

William, sounds awesome dude ill shoot you a pm, and I wouldnt know what to do with a g23! hahah ive only ridden behind an outboard and a 91 supra haha
Sounds good. Name is Cory. I screwed up in the registration process and put down my first name. I've got an x9 so its not the best setup on the planet but its outfitted fairly well with a good system and bags.

I agree that Harris would be a good meeting point and maybe even an earlier meet at hyco for some heated water would be nice. I thought about some falls meet ups later in the year since there are some decent float coves.

Quote:

I'm always looking new people to join me at home. I've got an 07 centurion enzo 230. I'm always looking to get some serious riders that want to get better. I have had some tournament quality guys at the house in the past but they've gotten a little older and it's harder to get them out there. My place isn't the biggest in the world but it's nice being the only boat on the water, and I'm not against riding a little this winter. I don't think I'm going to winterize my boat this year as long as the building its in stays above freezing.
Jared if you are cool with a novice rider coming out who is serious about getting better I could sure use some help on improving. I've been super slack on pushing myself to improve. I'm about 30 min down the road and always throw gas $ and beer. Just need to get a new suit

MIKEnNC 12-05-2012 12:39 PM

my girl rides an obrien skyla board and bindings and loves it, has alot of pop and super smooth, my daughter is 9 yrs old and she rides the ronix krush with luxe bindings and is a great beginner to intermediate board, other females on my boat usually use hers, what board are you getting her for christmas

MIKEnNC 12-05-2012 12:41 PM

sorry jared, said william but met to say jared, but yeah i definately gotta link up with u and check your spot out, im not all that great but hell sounds like we can all get alot better this summer and progress, i vote for harris to be the first meet spot for us all, but we will see if everyone else is cool with it

boardjnky4 12-05-2012 12:42 PM

I'm always down to meet up and ride. Camping at Falls Lake is a blast and it seems from my observation that Barton's Creek is very popluar here on WW. We could tie up somewhere and hang out and run a few boats up and down the creek.

I always see wakeboats but nobody ever stops to say what's up! (I'm guilty of that too though)

either way, I am always down to ride. I can either bring gas money or pay it back with a pull on my boat at a later date.

MIKEnNC 12-05-2012 12:49 PM

and william ill check your spot out too if you need a rider ever, til then harris sounds like the winner hopefully

williamburell 12-05-2012 1:01 PM

Quote:

my girl rides an obrien skyla board and bindings and loves it, has alot of pop and super smooth, my daughter is 9 yrs old and she rides the ronix krush with luxe bindings and is a great beginner to intermediate board, other females on my boat usually use hers, what board are you getting her for christmas
No clue. Shes 102lbs so trying to figure out what will work best for an ethiopian beginner.

mgerbos 12-05-2012 1:51 PM

I live in Louisburg on Lake Royale. Nice little private lake. Also go to Falls Lake and Jordan. Hoping to get out this year and see what else is available near Raleigh/Durham

MIKEnNC 12-05-2012 5:02 PM

Cool Raleigh area has several lake options, wish I was closer, and William, skyla is an awesome board if u can find a good deal, gander mountain has skyla on sale from 399 to down to 199 right now in size 129, good size for her and that's a pro model or overtons which is same price and same company.

mgerbos 12-05-2012 5:52 PM

Count me in for any type of meet up. I am fairly new to the sport of wakeboarding but love it. Want to get better and improve. Just bought a 2008 Supra 21V and can't wait to get it out on the Lake. Girlfriend is more of a salom skier but trying to get her on a wakeboard this year. As I mentioned before I live just 30 minutes North of Raleigh so even Harris Lake wouldn't be too fa of a trek for me.

MIKEnNC 12-05-2012 6:19 PM

Cool, looking like Harris is gonna b the spot then, bass fisherman here we come, lol

jdb11386 12-06-2012 5:49 AM

I'm down for harris and always wanting to get better.

williamburell 12-06-2012 6:16 AM

Now we all get to wait 4 months. Sigh. I did however get in the boat last night and make some vroom vroom noises after the 7th or 8th beer

jdb11386 12-06-2012 6:42 AM

QUOTE=williamburell;1797355]Now we all get to wait 4 months. Sigh. I did however get in the boat last night and make some vroom vroom noises after the 7th or 8th beer[/QUOTE]

Dont do like I did this past winter and smoke an impeller with the fake a lake hooked up. I have some friends that really like the sideswipe exhaust when they get a few beers in them. If only I had installed the new rev 10s with leds during the daytime I might wouldnt have had the party in the boat that night in the shop. :banghead:[

williamburell 12-06-2012 6:58 AM

dude don't you know you know to make the sounds yourself! I have a 21' both in a 20x20 garage. If I put a fake a lake on it in there I would soak the walls haha. Theres still antifreeze stains to prove it

seangriswold 12-06-2012 8:39 AM

North Raleigh and 10 minutes from Bartons Creek Ramp on Falls! Be out there this Sunday!!

jesutton 12-06-2012 9:59 AM

William, I have a black and silver VLX. I live over near Falls and 540.

williamburell 12-06-2012 10:10 AM

Strickland/lead mine here over in bridgeport. bright yellow mastercraft 209/x9. We usually ride on the other side of the 1st bridge when you take your first left out of bartons or are over at the redneck beer cove floating.

Sean you really riding this weekend? Saw the for sale ad up at overtons this weekend. You still selling?

mgerbos 12-06-2012 11:50 AM

Is there any way we can form some type of sub group to keep in touch with one another and plan a meeting come spring?

boardjnky4 12-06-2012 12:13 PM

we can create a facebook group if most people are on there

williamburell 12-06-2012 12:55 PM

set one up. "nc wakeworlders"
think you can just search it or if not
you can pm me or post up your name and ill add you

MIKEnNC 12-06-2012 12:56 PM

im not on there unfortunately, maybe we can all exchange names and numbers thru private messages and everyone keep a list

williamburell 12-06-2012 1:02 PM

mike I think we can have the fb group and just a gmail list for when meet ups are close. Not sure of any other way that would work better than this besides a google group. Are you hiding from an a psycho ex or just showing angst against the man? jk

MIKEnNC 12-06-2012 1:28 PM

honestly i dont trust facebook and the internet a great deal, im always worried about hacking and identity theft or priveleged informantion/pics leaked, call me old school i guess, privacy is priceless as far as i am concerned, def dont trust facebook, and also just brings unneccessary drama IMO

williamburell 12-06-2012 1:50 PM

yea I keep all of my info/pics hidden. btw if someone wants your info they will get it. Understand though. We can easily set up a group email when these things get closer

johndoe30o 12-06-2012 3:42 PM

Am I really the first from Boone? My boat sit in TN on Watauga Lake though.

boardjnky4 12-06-2012 4:44 PM

I'll set up a Facebook group. I sense the majority are on there. We'll be sure to start a thread or email chain when we want to set up some plans.

Mjlee1985 12-06-2012 5:14 PM

I live at falls and durant....didn't know so many ww people lived so close!

williamburell 12-07-2012 5:19 AM

Quote:

I live at falls and durant....didn't know so many ww people lived so close!
Yea creepy. Funny thing is I have a guy with an MC who lives in my neighborhood but never see any boats in the area but somehow 1000 end up at bartons on sat afternoon.

Tom let me know if you set up a group. i set one up yesterday but accidently set it to closed on my phone and haven't been home to change it (work blocks fb)

williamburell 12-07-2012 5:27 AM

PS guys in case of zombie apocalypse we will be heading straight to falls lake. Boat is gassed up full of of hot cheetos, takis, and plenty of ammo.

boardjnky4 12-07-2012 5:40 AM

Someone post a link to your facebook profile ... I need to add at least 1 fb friend to the group before it will create it

williamburell 12-07-2012 6:26 AM

https://www.facebook.com/william.burell

boardjnky4 12-07-2012 7:08 AM

go figure, we have 3 mutual friends lol

boardjnky4 12-07-2012 7:24 AM

Open Facebook group created:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/485084248203007/

Hopefully that link works. Post here if it doesn't.

williamburell 12-07-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

go figure, we have 3 mutual friends lol
small world. Iso (chris) used to come out alot. Between when I blew his ear drum out on a tube and nikki seperating his testicles from his body he stopped coming out. PJ never leaves his house so he's awol. He may also have a case of testicular seperation. Heard his sit in a jar on the bedside table though

boardjnky4 12-07-2012 10:44 AM

LOL I hang out with them both every now and then through a mutual friend who I happen to wakeboard with out on Harris (the blue boat in my big timeline banner or w/e they call it). Actually, the dude I wakeboard with (George) works with PJ. I think PJ lives in Fuquay now.