WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Ever been punched in the face by a Double Up? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800477)

hawkeye7708 11-17-2013 5:15 PM

Ever been punched in the face by a Double Up?

1 Attachment(s)
Sean Murray almost was… from the G21 Video… wowza!! :eek:

seth 11-17-2013 7:27 PM

Not a double up, its a reentry. Thats why it looks like that, the boat is still turning.

MrShelley 11-18-2013 5:21 AM

Who cares? It's huge!

hawkeye7708 11-18-2013 8:32 AM

Driven double up, Sean did a re-entry style trick on it, but yeah…. it's HUGGE!

andy_nintzel 11-19-2013 10:45 AM

I would not claim that as a double up, that looks way more like a classic triple up or what we would call a "kinker Dub."

sppeders 11-19-2013 10:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)

wakebordr11 11-19-2013 3:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_nintzel (Post 1853354)
I would not claim that as a double up, that looks way more like a classic triple up or what we would call a "kinker Dub."

Yup. You can tell by the approach rollers in the vid, clearly see the kink - I know you knew that though ;)

I think I still have the wakeboard mag that talks about triple up driving and shows parks doing a reentry, a huge bs 3 where he gets punted vertical and harf doing a whip. Used to be fun goofing around with triple up whips trying rodeos and such

durty_curt 11-19-2013 5:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakebordr11 (Post 1853387)
Yup. You can tell by the approach rollers in the vid, clearly see the kink - I know you knew that though ;)

I think I still have the wakeboard mag that talks about triple up driving and shows parks doing a reentry, a huge bs 3 where he gets punted vertical and harf doing a whip. Used to be fun goofing around with triple up whips trying rodeos and such

can you or anybody find the link to triple up serving? I'm really curious as to how they serve a good triple up

RideGull 11-20-2013 8:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durty_curt (Post 1853404)
can you or anybody find the link to triple up serving? I'm really curious as to how they serve a good triple up

http://www.wakeboardingmag.com/how-t...ble-up-how-to/

2:45 triple up instructions

shaun_murray 11-22-2013 10:11 AM

Served by Byerly

Byerly was servin the meat that day! It's what we call a triple up. Basically like most everyone is saying on here, a kinked double up. Doing it properly has to do with how tight of a turn and how long the turn is held. The rollers gather together on top of each other and form an enormous wave which the driver has to arrive at not too soon and not too late. When done right, the boat doesn't even go through the big stuff, which would not be so fun for the passengers. It drives right off to the side of the kink, leaving the meat alone to continue on it's path without the boat interrupting it. The hardest part of hitting them as a rider is going around the first, not over it b/c it's too big, and then getting down in the hole and then riding up the ramp. The ramp is can be so steep that it becomes impossible to hang onto sometimes. Feels like trying to ride up a wall. A few of them ripped the handle out of my hand no matter how hard I held on to them.
When we did them that day it was something that we just did one for fun, everyone in the photo boat starting hootin and hollerin' askin' for "just one more"! Did as many as I could until they got a few in the bag and I couldn't handle hitting too many more. Either way, it was fun. I knew they were big, but when I saw the video I was blown away how big it really was. With Byerly driving a G you better be ready to get booted.

snork 11-24-2013 6:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RideGull (Post 1853448)

Oh No, lose board @ 4:48 at first I thought Parks ran someone over :eek:

Good to hear your prospective Shaun, entertaining as always