WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Website Feedback, Suggestions, Problems, Etc. (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=776965)
-   -   "Go to first new post" button (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777375)

jonyb 03-10-2010 6:23 AM

"Go to first new post" button

Doesn't work.... Just so ya know :D

The new board is awesome by the way, good job! I know you have kinks and other issues to work out but just thought I'd throw this one out there.

wakeworld 03-10-2010 8:33 AM

It's working for me. Make sure the thread you're going to has been visited by you before. Otherwise, the first new post is the first post and it will look like it's not doing anything.

jonyb 03-10-2010 10:40 AM

The one I've frequented the most is the "What boat do you have?", and I posted in it early. Everytime I click the new post button it takes me to the first page....

No big deal, maybe it'll work for me soon.

adam4x4 03-10-2010 1:34 PM

ever time i log out then log back in it losses what i have look at and then can not use the first new post. should i not log out to keep it updated??
it also say that the last time I visited was: 02-26-2010 at 10:54 AM. is that up and working?

jonyb 03-14-2010 5:53 PM

Same for me. Once I leave and come back, then log in, it resets. Right now it says I last visited at 3-8-10 @ xxxx. My last visit was 11am this morning.

wakeworld 03-16-2010 6:03 PM

Just out of curiosity, why are you logging out when you leave? If you don't log out, you shouldn't have to log in again when you get back. Still, it should keep track of your last visit in the cookie, so there does seem to be a problem. I know that when we were working on the logout problem, we set it to remove cookies upon logout, so that would have caused this problem, but I don't think it does that any more.

iridelow1998 03-17-2010 6:10 AM

Should I still be logged on if I don't log out but close internet explorer? Just wondering since I never log out but if I close internet explorer and open it up again I have to login again. I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen but I do know that it didn't happen on the old format. Not that logging in is such a big deal but I was just curious. Thanks

admin 03-17-2010 8:54 AM

No, it should not log you out when you close down your browser. You should be able to open your browser, go to WakeWorld and be logged in already. I think logging in IS a big deal and you should not have to do it each time. It does not do this for me when I exit IE. Is anybody else encountering this problem?

Try this. Explicitly log out by clicking one of the Log Out buttons (there's one on the front page). Then close all instances of your browser and re-start it. Log in again from the front page and confirm that the login was successful (your user name and photo will show up in the My WakeSpace section of the front page). Then shut down your browser again and re-open it. You should still be logged in. If not, you might have your browser set up to delete cookies upon exit. Let me know how it goes. Thanks.