WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   2016 The Movie. (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795951)

grant_west 10-19-2012 8:02 AM

2016 The Movie.

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone seen the Movie 2016
www.2016themovie.com
I picked it up @ Redbox and watched it last night and thought it was very interesting to say the least. I thought it was well put together and it very thought provoking.

wakeworld 10-19-2012 9:45 AM

Been meaning to check it out on DirecTV now that it's available. Would love to hear some reviews.

skull 10-19-2012 10:45 AM

I actually thought it was pretty fair. It is NOTHING like a Michael Moore piece of trash. The guy did a lot of research and interviewed a lot of people. He never claims Obama wasn't born in Hawaii or anything like that...

He spent a lot of time on Obama's childhood and family. I think I definitely understand Obama a lot better. I thought it was interesting but my wife thought it was pretty boring. The Indian dude that made the movie is an interesting guy. It is worth $5 on DirectTV.

The most interesting thing for me... He met his anti-capitalism, communist dad one time in his life and yet felt compelled to write a book about him?

wake77 10-19-2012 12:29 PM

How many interviews did he do with Obama?

snyder 10-19-2012 2:34 PM

Jeremy have you seen it?

Much of his information comes from Obama's book "Dreams From my Father"

Here's my review: The anti-colonial perspective is interesting. Not a concept we're too familiar with today. I like how D'Souza draws parallels to his own experiences and familiarity w/that concept in India. The term itself is somewhat innocuous for what it actually is. You can totally see how it's a pervasive world view amongst many previously "colonized" regions of the world. And you can see it as it translates to Obama's disdain for "Fat Cats". He sees the path to wealth for individuals analogous to historical colonization of poor countries (e.g. the full context of "you didn't build that"). And the retribution for it is redistribution. Not only from wealthy to poor Americans, but from wealthy countries to poor.

Also an interesting concept that Obama likely idolizes his father even more thru his absence in his life than he would if his father were there because his mother spoke so highly and idealistically of him. Therefore, he has a completely untarnished image of him.
I think where the film is lacking is not enough time dedicated to the concrete examples of how his ideals play out in his actions today....or would play out if re-elected.

Overall, well done film. Interesting and unique concept that no one else has brought up. Using Obama's own words to support his theory.

wake77 10-19-2012 7:07 PM

^I have not seen it. I thought it was just released at theaters (and I haven't watched a movie at a theater in about 3 years) so maybe I will check it out.

How do you suppose Obama has a "disdain for Fat Cats"? Isn't Buffet one of his close friends? I don't think it gets much fatter than that. I will also go out on a limb and say Obama is friends with several "Fat Cats"; hardly your definition of "disdain". That kills your theory. Again, no direct interviews with the man himself, yet this is a movie that delves into the deep, dark secrets of Barrack Obama. In my opinion, just more scare tactics to terrify the less-educated into believing we are going to become a socialized nation. I am sure you thought it was a well done film. I bet you could have stared at a screen for two hours with a red circle and slash through Obama's portrait and nothing else and thought the same thing.

10-19-2012 9:40 PM

Not all pigs are equal. Obama's fat cats say the same thing he does thus they are not fat cats. Sounds like Pound's assessment fits what I have been preaching regarding the democrats are into spreading the wealth from the US to the world. Their proposals move right along with that context. Global warming is the prefect mechanism for the new international crony capitalism. Convince the world that global warming can only be solved by an international body. Convince the useful idiots that it is worth giving away first their money and then ultimately their rights to the UN in the name of saving themselves. There is no disadvantage for Obama and his cronies because once you are rich enough, you make money no matter where it is going. Buffet makes his money by shorting companies so he wins when they loose anyway. Keep an eye on what they propose for treaties, it tells the story.

wake77 10-20-2012 6:01 AM

"the democrats are into spreading the wealth from the US to the world. Their proposals move right along with that context. Global warming is the prefect mechanism for the new international crony capitalism."

That may have a little credibility except for the gleaming fact that their are plenty of Republicans that believe global climate change is real.

10-20-2012 3:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake77 (Post 1790487)
"the democrats are into spreading the wealth from the US to the world. Their proposals move right along with that context. Global warming is the prefect mechanism for the new international crony capitalism."

That may have a little credibility except for the gleaming fact that their are plenty of Republicans that believe global climate change is real.

Climate change is not exactly the same thing as man made global warming. Kind of interesting how it is rarely called man made climate change anymore. Kind of lost steam after all the people were caught lying about it. Point is, those Republican's that believe in some sort of change are not trying to parlay that into a global tax the US scheme or using it for crony capitalism like they do int California.

sidekicknicholas 10-21-2012 9:30 AM

My fiance who is very ANTI-OBAMA made me go see it, and even her being anti-Obama, thought it was terrible.

.... The author/director/main guy was really frustrating to try and watch for that long, and I hated that the last 15 mins was geared towards 2016, the rest was baby-daddy drama

wake77 10-21-2012 4:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deltahoosier (Post 1790536)
Climate change is not exactly the same thing as man made global warming. Kind of interesting how it is rarely called man made climate change anymore. Kind of lost steam after all the people were caught lying about it. Point is, those Republican's that believe in some sort of change are not trying to parlay that into a global tax the US scheme or using it for crony capitalism like they do int California.

There you go again. Always indemnifying the GOP for any wrongdoing. Your modus operandi. The GOP, the party of Delta's Christ.

cwb4me 10-21-2012 5:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake77 (Post 1790594)
There you go again. Always indemnifying the GOP for any wrongdoing. Your modus operandi. The GOP, the party of Delta's Christ.

We all know movies are fiction!!!! Let's hope this one is too.Do you really know Obama? Or DO you just think you know Obama?;)

wake77 10-21-2012 5:44 PM

No, I don't know him. None of us do. But some guy who has never met him either is an expert and can look into his proverbial crystal ball and peer into the future and tell us what 2016 is going to be like if Obama wins. I'll go ahead and clue everyone in; it will look eerily similar in 2016 regardless of Obama or Romney winning.

pesos 10-21-2012 6:00 PM

I think this is the short they show right before the main movie; it's Romney's secret temple rituals where he pledges his oath to exact revenge against the United States for its crimes against Joseph Smith:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6udew9axmdM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wakerider111 10-22-2012 1:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pesos (Post 1790607)
it's Romney's secret temple rituals where he pledges his oath to exact revenge against the United States for its crimes against Joseph Smith:

Really!? Seriously!? Does anyone seriously believe this stuff? sorry if that sounds rude...but really?
I have taken no such oath.

you want to know what Mormons really believe about law and government? this comes from a list of 13 of the most basic beliefs in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormon church)
12 We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/pgp/a-of-f/1?lang=eng

It's a shame that people (creator of the video) have so much disrespect for other peoples religion Mormon or otherwise. Sad that someone makes public something sacred (fine line between "secret" and "sacred") Very sad that someone portrays it in a negative and false light.
You can find all the general beliefs and happening in the temples and more within public literature produced by the church, just not all the detailed sacred stuff that is exposed in such an offensive manor as in the video above and others like it.

my job involves work around tourists who come to southern Utah and it is downright laughable what some people think of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons). I just love hearing and dispelling the Mormon myths and falsities. I have to admit this is a new one. Its crap like this video that leads people to believe all these crazy things about the church and to think that we still practice polygamy even though we ended that over 100 years ago... for an example

pesos 10-22-2012 8:38 AM

Exactly my point, thanks Jeremy. Both films were QUITE thoroughly vetted and researched and I'm sure represent things in a completely fair and unbiased manner :rolleyes:

10-22-2012 9:35 AM

You mean like the Michael Moore films that you guys love to bring up?

Jeremy. The GOP is not the point. You brought up the Republicans I didn't. Last I saw, you guys were bitching that Republicans are standing in your way. Your way is to try and sign treaties that move American wealth to the UN. Your way is to use American taxpayers to support illegal aliens as they send 25 billion dollars a year to Mexico alone and make states like California have to support illegal aliens to the tune of 15 billion a year in school and jail costs alone. Your way is to pass carbon taxes so the rich democrats can tax the middle class and give that money to their wealthy land owners in the name of the environment. That is your way. At this point I don't give one darn damn what the Republicans are doing because they are not doing that.

Love how you like to attack God again but yet you claim the democrats believe in God too? You defend the fact your party booed God 3 times at their convention. Didn't Peter deny Christ 3 times? Hey, doesn't the catholic church say they trace their roots back to Peter in which is "the rock upon the church is built"? Isn't the catholic church generally aligned with democrat positions? Sounds like you go good together. Enslave the masses to a central power. Nice. You must be proud.

10-22-2012 9:43 AM

btw. I don't watch these types of films from either side.

wake77 10-22-2012 12:40 PM

^All the while Delta, you will be casting your vote for a VP that is Catholic. Newt and Santorum, both Catholic.

And I didn't attack god, I attacked your principles. And yes, there are plenty of democrats that believe in god just as there are plenty of republicans that are atheists. I'm sorry if you can't understand or comprehend that.

10-22-2012 7:48 PM

I can comprehend that. I don't think you comprehend that it is the democrats actual policy. I know there are folks of all makes and models on both sides of the isle. Believe it or not their are even gay and black republicans. Of course the black ones are just uncle Toms or house slaves according to democrats. The point yet again, is what I describe is their policy at the national level of the party. This is who the DNC is and this is what you support. Basically they are living off of middle America's back.