WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   An Oppurtunity to Define Surf Style Wake Surfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792698)

wofrankwo 04-10-2012 4:55 PM

An Oppurtunity to Define Surf Style Wake Surfing

I am hoping that we have a chance to finally define what " Surf Style " wake surfing is. By going to the CWSA website and offering your opinions we may have a chance to do this!! I just posted on CWSA about my beliefs as to how Surf Style should be judged and also suggested maybe the course of Surf Style in the Future!!

Whether my thoughts or ideas will make a difference I have no clue .... but by expressing my thoughts and the ability for others to express their thoughts or have the ability to comment on each others thoughts WE may have a good chance of being heard!!

Here is my post which has yet been posted:

Surf Style Judging
Submitted by wofrankwo on Tue, 04/10/2012 - 5:50pm.
I think the Objective Scoring for Skim Style with Subjective Scoring added for Tricks being performed at a higher level is a System that works because of the amount of different tricks being performed and by adding subjective scoring it leads to the progression of the sport
Surf Style to me should be Judged entirely Subjective. *To define " surf style " as harder to do skim tricks is Sad. *Ive been told over and over that the main difference *between Skim and Surf is the Fin Size and Surf should be 4" Fins Minimum. *Fins create drive, force, speed, torque, and power and this is what should define Surf Style!! * Surf Style should be about going Big with aerials and grabs and tricks performed in the Air!! * What Shaun White did for Snow Boarding is what Surf Style should be for Wake Surfing as a whole " Go Big or Go Home ". * *Surface style tricks and skim tricks are still needed but they need to be performed in a Go Big Attitude. * Performing Skim Style Tricks that look like Skim Style and being that they are harder because of the size of fins should not be what Surf Style is. * Judging Objectively will in my opinion make the difference between Skim Style and Surf Style minimal at best and the sport will be headed towards Skiming with Fins. *Think of the Progression possible of Surf Style with a " Go Big Attitude ". * We have the opportunity here to define what the future of Wake Surfing can become. * Scoring Surf Style in a pure Subjective Style could lead to the top riders performing at their very best in a Spectactular Style that would clearly Separate the Two Styles once and for all !!
delete edit reply quote

My belief and hopes is that Surf Style should be about going Big ... Spectacular ... Flamboyant!!
Let's make Surf Style the WoW of Wake Surfing!!

We all need to do our part and be Heard!! Please comment here and make your opinions Public at CWSA!!

We just may have an Oppurtunity to Make a Difference!!