WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   New to me Infinity Air LX-1 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802853)

rolltidehack 07-26-2014 9:13 PM

New to me Infinity Air LX-1

Hey yall, new to forum. I just purchased this great boat but there is nothing but walls trying to research it. The boat; 2003 Infinity Air LX-1. It has a ballast tank installed right in the middle under the floor. The stitching says Infinity Air. Even the stickers on the side say Infinity Air. It has the fresh air exhaust and perfect pass system, just needs the guage.

My research; I know Rob that used to work for MC designed the boats. Also know that they are not in production, but most of the parts I can find since mechanically they still sell those parts. I have find a few but they are not Airs, they are just infinity's with no ballast stuff in them. Also they mentioned it once in a article when they where talking about the ski version; ZX-1.

Any info on it would be great out heck even a "hey you just got something different" works too haha.

Thanks in advance.

rolltidehack 07-26-2014 9:24 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Here are some shots of it to help reference.Attachment 36448Attachment 36449Attachment 36450Attachment 36451Attachment 36452Attachment 36453Attachment 36454

Redheadd 07-26-2014 9:47 PM

Well.....you got something different!!

rolltidehack 07-27-2014 8:18 AM

Lol

kstateskier 07-27-2014 3:48 PM

I forgot that they even made a wakeboard version. I know that the ski boats were pretty successful tow boats for a time. They had a v-drive set up in their ski boats because they wanted the prop farther forward. So the ski boats that looked like a direct drive were actually v-drives with the motor a little farther back. Rob Shirley who started MasterCraft and skier Kris LaPoint I believe started the brand.

phathom 07-27-2014 4:18 PM

Looks like a cool boat, did you find it for a pretty good deal? Normally the off brands that aren't really known tend to save you a few bucks once they're out of production because they aren't marketed that well and people are timid of them.

rolltidehack 07-27-2014 6:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
kstateskier, the motor is ask the way in the back on this one. (Picture for ya). Attachment 36459

rolltidehack 07-27-2014 6:55 PM

phathom, got it for an amazing deal. Only had 145 hours on it,2 owners. Still strange that there is zero chatter on the net of anything on this boat. Guess I'm unique, atleast that's what my wife tells me haha

phathom 07-29-2014 10:16 AM

That's a unique rear seating layout too. Basically giving you a walkthrough without having it be awkward like some boats have, and being full height so you can still toss a sack back there. Personally I like the big sunpad/locker setup and aren't a fan of walkthrough transoms with the exception of the slight dip in the center like they have on the Gs. That being said, this is definitely a good setup to have one, looks like a good spot to dry off after a set while being in the boat and not soaking everyone else.

It could also be used as a punishment corner to stick a kid if they're misbehaving, someone who drank too much, or anyone failed to do the robot when they fell and could have saved it :)

rolltidehack 07-29-2014 11:33 AM

HAHAHAHA. Yea I really like the lay out on it. Seems all the right places for everything

MattieK27 07-29-2014 3:32 PM

I wonder if that was a prototype or proof of concept for Infinity before they folded. I mean there is zero info I could find on it. Very cool obscure boat.

rolltidehack 07-29-2014 8:30 PM

Maybe,idk. And yes this has to be the most hidden thing out there lol