WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Trailer help - Broken Axle? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797809)

tyler97217 04-25-2013 9:14 AM

Trailer help - Broken Axle?

2 Attachment(s)
So I pulled the boat out of the garage and the front wheel sprung up into the fender and bound up. I took the fender off so I could get to the river, but the wheel/tire was then hitting boat and step. I then just removed the wheel and limped to the ramp and back so we could go boating. Here is a pic. Is the axle broken or can I fix it? Where is the best place to get the parts?

Thanks for any help you can provide...
2008 Extreme Trailer

loudontn 04-25-2013 10:15 AM

Sorry Diggs, I'm not much help with those trailers. I was wondering, however, did you not get a Supra/Boatmate this year?

DQ 04-25-2013 10:36 AM

I am going through the same thing right now. I am ordering my new axle from Extreme tomorrow and having it shipped to me here in Houston. Its a torsion axle and the only way to fix the problem is to get a new axle. 268.00 plus shipping from Extreme. I am going to do the swap out myself. Before you order the new axle, try to readjust the the spindle and put pressure on it again and see if you goes up again and gets locked into that position. I tried doing that before I ordered, but it just kept going up and getting locked up in the up position. I am hoping I can bend my fender back to normal without a flaw and I think I am going to powder coat them now.

tyler97217 04-25-2013 10:46 AM

Thanks guys.... Is it pretty easy to swap out once you get the parts? Is there anywhere else to order the axle from cheaper?

@ Cody - No new Supra this year. Stars weren't able to align and I had a great deal on a used Malibu, so I jumped on it for the season. Next year maybe I can get back on board.

FunkyBunch 04-25-2013 11:37 AM

268.00 plus shipping from Extreme sounds like a good deal to me. I had to replace one on my boatmate and it was more than double that price just for the parts.

Alleykat 04-25-2013 11:45 AM

Not a hard fix really. Just pull the axle out and bolt the new one in. Remove the knuckles at the pinch boltthat way you don't have to mess with the brakes much. It will need to be painted also as they come raw. Something to think about, if it's a UFP axle, like most of the stuff extreme uses , it comes with a 5 year warranty. Might be worth a shot giving UFP a call. (760) 744-1610 . What area code is that?

tracktor 04-25-2013 11:46 AM

Call Potter-Webster up off MLK in north portland. They have just about everything for trailers. Are you sure it didn't just jump the splines? I have a couple of torsion trailers but never had one of those axles apart..........................

Alleykat 04-25-2013 11:58 AM

Usually when that happens the rubber inside the axle deteriorates and allows the square splined end the roatate past the round rubber tubes insed the steel axle tube. Bolt looks good and tight in that picture.

tyler97217 04-25-2013 1:07 PM

Yeah it did not slip on the spline at all. Thanks guys. Will look into the warranty cause it is 5 years right now...