WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Girls Who Ride (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=195511)
-   -   Wake Games (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777435)

wakekat15 03-11-2010 2:54 PM

Wake Games

Ok - who's coming to Orlando for Wake Games? We REALLY need some Masters Women to join us since the addition of Veterans will take a few away.

wakekat15 03-16-2010 4:08 PM

WHAT is up with the Shred Hag Mafia just leaving me hanging on this thread????

rnopr8 03-16-2010 10:00 PM

Well....I have pretty much given up with navigating through Wakeworld now...too hard. I just saw this..barely. So here I am...I am coming to O town for sure!! I would NEVER be the Shred hag that leaves you hanging!!!

wakekat15 03-17-2010 12:58 PM

Thanks, Geri - I'm not feeling the love from the S-H-M!! See you in a few weeks!

sexyws6mama 03-17-2010 4:24 PM

I wish I could afford to travel there!! Good Luck to all!

oldgirl 03-19-2010 7:59 AM

Will there be a "mafia" outing? It is a little too soon for me to know what I will be doing. Is that enough love?

cece 03-19-2010 2:58 PM

Knee is still not being kind to me, so I will definitely not be there. Looks like I'll be aiming for a 2011 return to circuit.

wakekat15 03-20-2010 6:18 AM

Sorry to hear that CeCe - take care of those knees....I'm getting closer and closer to a total knee replacement!

No planned "mafia outing," Allison but we could make one happen Sunday morning and then watch the remainder of the event!

lizrd 03-21-2010 8:00 PM

That's a no-go for me. Our water is barely liquid up here so we are just starting to talk about summerizing the boat. Shred it up, Mafia Hags! I want a full report.

cece 03-22-2010 8:06 AM

Kat - Please don't scare me that way on a Monday morning. Thoughts of knee replacement makes me quiver in fear. I'm already questioning my youth and mortality. Getting old SUCKS and I never felt old until I started this round of rehab.

PushGirl 03-23-2010 5:29 AM

Hey guys, no wakeboarding for me ALL season, so I'm out!! I was snowboarding a month ago, hitting a flat, down, flat rail (I had been hitting all day), when I caught on the last flat. I ended up going superman off the end which drops down about 10 feet to my right arm. I tore my rotator cuff, labrum in two places, fractured the head of the humerus, and it tore the labrum so quickly, some of the bone chipped off with it. C'est la vie!! Doc said I really did a number on it, and knowing me well, he said there will be no wakeboard season this year, and he's looking at getting me back out on the slopes next snowboard season opening day!! Surgery is scheduled March 29.

cece 03-23-2010 6:53 AM

Wow Annie, I'm so sorry to hear about the latest injury. I'll keep you in my thoughs on Monday. I hope everything goes flawlessly!

wakekat15 03-23-2010 11:05 AM

GEEZ, Annie - that sounds painful! What all will they be doing in the surgery - sounds like alot?! Take Care & good luck in the rehab!!

oldgirl 03-24-2010 6:15 PM

Sorry to hear that , Annie. I hope you have a quick recovery.

lakeboyz 03-25-2010 2:32 AM

Wake Games

hello ladies, sorry to intrude on the girls only lounge but this was the only thread i saw anything about the wake games and it looks like youve all been there and may be able to answer a few questions? Im 45, male, in last 3 yrs started to do small contests, so much fun!!! No big bag of tricks, but was wondering how big that bag of tricks should be to enter something like the wake games. i can w2w both ts hs, 180 ts hs, sometimes hs backroll, sometimes 360s ts hs but on the comp wakes im not real consistant, much bigger than what im used too. i feel stupid asking cuz i know most of you are doing way more tricks than me. The format sounds so cool and i have the time of my life at events. Should I stay home and not embarrass myself?????

wakekat15 03-25-2010 3:54 AM

The Men's Veteran Division has a couple of pretty strong riders with back rolls, tantrums, front rolls, etc. However, I still encourage you to participate because Wake Games is unlike any other format. It's a very cool experience with the team format, where if you make the finals, you are on a team with pros and amateurs.

They will ride behind a SAN 230 with a lot of weight, but it's very rampy and not chest high!

Don't worry about embarassing yourself, as the announcers go out of their way to make you feel like the run you just made compares to the pros. You will have fun no matter where you finish!

Please introduce yourself if you come out, as us old timers have to stick together! :p

PushGirl 03-25-2010 6:00 AM

Kat - They will have to reattach the rotator cuff and the labrum. As far as the bone, they aren't going to do anything with that. They said it's not enough to worry a lot about. Once they get in, they will assess the damage and if anything else is an issue, they'll take care of it. It's a long road ahead, but I have to look at the bright side, I guess I will have more time to concentrate on other aspects of my life (which I don't have much outside of snowboarding and wakeboarding....lol).

wakekat15 03-25-2010 2:20 PM

Best of luck in your surgery, Annie!!! Take care and rehab thoroughly!!! What, there is life outside of wakeboarding??? :p

otown_dave 03-26-2010 5:07 PM

how's your knee doing Kat, think it will hold in there?

wakekat15 03-27-2010 4:04 AM

Hey Dave!

Thanks for asking....doc says I need a total knee replacement, but I will keep riding until I just can't take the pain anymore! I think I will try and just get it cleaned up this fall and see how long that lasts! The cortisone shots in the knee don't do much for me anymore, so I'll just keep limping (literally) along until the fall!

Where do you ride at? We should get together sometime and represent the Geriatric Division! ;)

See you at Wake Games??

otown_dave 03-27-2010 6:51 AM

I ride the Winter park chain, ( lake Virginia) . Yea I'm going to wake games. :)

rnopr8 03-30-2010 9:47 PM

Hey Kat....careful who you call Geri atric....lol I am leaving early Sunday morning after wake games...only decent flight into San Diego I could get.

Mike...Kat is right on. Wake games is so chill and fun and you will meet so many new friends to chill with. I didn't know any of the ladies before Nationals 2 years ago and now we are all friends who just love to ride and dhang out together. I would encourage you to come also. To experience a contest like that is to grow in your riding. And besides my famous saying is.....on any given day.....

Annie...so sorry to hear about your shoulder. I rode a whole summer with a torn cuff...no fracture though. Hope the surgery went well and you are mending nicely!!

wakekat15 03-31-2010 2:46 PM

Ha - Ha, Geri....atric! Maybe if we get a Super Vet Division someday we can have them call it the Geriatric Division!!! ;-D

rnopr8 04-03-2010 9:42 PM

LOL.....and yes, Allison....that is showing enough love!!!!

wakekat15 04-04-2010 5:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This was Sigi's REAL intro to Florida.....lol~~ She wasn't nervous at all.

otown_dave 04-04-2010 7:30 PM

OH yea, late happy birthday Kat!

wakekat15 04-05-2010 1:16 PM

Thanks, David!!!

rnopr8 04-05-2010 8:50 PM

Sigi rocks for sure!!!! You never showed me gators like that!!! Glad you guys had a good ride.

04-06-2010 7:45 AM

Sure she did, Geri, you just didn't recognize him because he was battered and deep fried! hahaha! That's the only way I want to see gators in FL!

wakekat15 04-06-2010 3:22 PM

Geri - we never seem to have time to go to the River due to all the rush - rush - rush. I'll take you this next visit, cool?

Kathleen - yes, yes I have introduced Geri to the reptiles on the menu!

rnopr8 04-07-2010 6:55 PM

Yeah...you are right Kathleen...I like them best in batter with dipping sauce!!LOL!!

Sweet Kat!!!!

HayleySmith 04-11-2010 9:59 AM

Hey girls,
WakeGirls are running a girls ride day in the week leading up to Wake Games behind a Nautique for $50. There will be a few of the Pro Women there hanging out, with a bunch of give aways.

rnopr8 04-11-2010 9:22 PM

When Hayley......

HayleySmith 04-12-2010 10:24 AM

April 24th
http://wakegirls.com/blog/?p=339

wakekat15 04-13-2010 11:15 AM

Yeah, I was signed up for that when it included coaching. I cancelled due to the new format.

HayleySmith 04-13-2010 8:17 PM

It is also a fair bit cheaper now with the new format. Hopefully this will allow more girls to come and have a fun social day out which is what it's all about!!!

rnopr8 04-14-2010 7:50 PM

Right...I knew about that one. I am flying to Orlando all day. Have Fun!!

oldgirl 04-14-2010 8:04 PM

So, who is going to wake games? Is there a mafia outing? Will it be warm? It is time for me to make plans. Most of the flights are booked...

wakekat15 04-15-2010 3:38 PM

I don't think there will be many S-H-M members participating at Wake Games. It should be warm - in the low 80's.

rnopr8 04-15-2010 8:07 PM

Hey Allison....Wake games wont be like worlds last year. I think Kat has to work all week and I have to go to a couple seminars to justify my education leave. Don't think anyone else is coming. I was looking at maybe changing my flight to go home earlier and everything is 400-500.00 each way. Thats the problem with booking outside the 2 week mark. Probably a better chance of a mafia outing after Nationals for sure!! I am working on something for all of us. I will be at Canyon Sunday in a clinic...maybe I will see you there????

polhamus 04-18-2010 9:05 AM

Kat! you know I hate those gators! holy cow! you saw that!? when did you ride with Sigi? Can we talk about riding with me before Nationals? if you fly into Reno tho you will have to drive to Sac. But anyway! I hope they keep the Masters open that would suck if they don't ...Did Sigi go back home yet? MIss ya guys! and Wish you all the good lucks in the world!!

wakekat15 04-18-2010 3:13 PM

We rode with Sigi on Easter Sunday. They are actually stuck here in Florida due to the Volcano hindering air travel.

I'm flying into Reno on Tuesday before Nationals, so riding before isn't an option for me. I know Geri is working on a ride for Friday, I think, but still iffy.

We went back to the St. John's yesterday and saw the biggest gator yet! I didn't get a pic 'cause I was driving, but I think someone else did. We'll post it up for you since you love them so much! ;-D

rnopr8 04-18-2010 8:27 PM

Awwwwww....look how cut he is....and such a big smile on his face!!!!