WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   Which Board is Right for Me??? HELP! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105730)

4oclock 03-26-2004 11:21 PM

Ok well Ive surfed my whole life and wakeboarded as well and consider myself advanced at both (more at surfing). But Im completely new to Wakesurfing so what board is right for me? I want a advanced board that is fast and loose. Im 165 lbs if that helps. Ive narrowed it down a bit but any help would be appreciated. Heres the boards help me pick.... <BR> <BR>Broadcast <BR> <BR>Red Chubby <BR> <BR>Awakesurf "Stealth" <BR> <BR>Those seem to fit the style of riding I like. Any other boards I should look at?

yeaitsmemarc 04-01-2004 4:59 PM

Hey Joel, <BR> I had a broadcast, then I rode my friends Inland surfer... "yada yada yada" I sold My broadcast as fast as I could, and called Jeff at Inland Surfer. He set me up w/an awsome board, I couldnt be happier with the board.. give him a call 877-901-6055 he'll answer any questions you have... Good luck with whatever you chose, its a ton of fun, <BR>-Marc, NJ

4oclock 04-01-2004 6:52 PM

Thanks! Finally a response! Ive seen a lot of guys on the phase 5 boards which look just like skimboards with fins to me. Its almost a whole different sport, wakeskimming?? To call that wakesurfing seems kinda off but maybe thats the direction this sport is going. Im definetly a surfer at heart so Im definetly into doing big slashes, airs and 360's which I can do surfing, but kickflips and 720's etc. Im just not into. Has anyone ever rode a Paul Bogdonaff "Stealth"??? That looks somewhere in between a skim and surfboard and may be what Im leaning towards. I just want loose and fast so I can get out there and start ripping. Anymore input would be appreciated.

yeaitsmemarc 04-02-2004 11:27 AM

The red chubby fits your goals almost to the T... you can start with bigger fins until you get used to it... then reduce them to get into 360's etc.

alan_bogdanoff 04-03-2004 7:55 PM

Hey Joel, <BR>Thanks for the plug. <BR>check out <BR><a href="http://www.awakesurf.com" target="_blank">www.awakesurf.com</a> <BR>for the latest boards I have to offer.

4oclock 04-03-2004 11:03 PM

Hey Alan I already have. I actually tried to call you to see if you can direct me in the right direction. Judging from my background what board do you think is right for me? I really like your Stealth board but dont know if its right for me? I live in Cardiff by the Sea and also wanted to ask if there is any chance in the world to demo on of your boards here in San Diego? Im dying to get into this sport but want to have the best gear for me so I can advance quickly. Thanks! <BR> <BR>

alan_bogdanoff 04-04-2004 8:27 PM

Hey Joel, <BR>All my boards should be finished by late April. <BR>I will be heading your way soon. <BR>Let's ride!! <BR>Keep in touch, call me after April 22, the number is on my site. We'll get together, and hopefully you'll go home with a new board. <BR>If you want my cell # Email me and I can give it to you. <BR>Where do you ride in S.D.? <BR>I want to move there but where is the fresh water out there? <BR>Thanks, <BR>Alan

4oclock 04-04-2004 11:01 PM

That could be perfect timing. I got a river trip planned for first of May and want a board by then. Here in SD there is a resevoir called San Vicente (40 min from me) that we hit. Thats it for fresh. We ride in Snug Habor which is semi-private that you can see right off the 5 in Carlsbad. Thats salty but its close. Ill talk to you soon about hittin it up with one of your boards.

alan_bogdanoff 04-06-2004 9:06 PM

Hey Joel, <BR>I'll let you know when I'm down in SoCal. <BR>I emailed you with me Cell no. <BR>Thanks, <BR>Alan <BR>

wakejunkeygirl 04-15-2004 8:45 AM

Alan, I am loving the look of the 'Stealth' looks like that is gonna be a sweeeet ride. I am getting excited, can't wait to surf it up. <BR> <BR>when are you coming to Florida?