WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through July 09, 2003 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=74155)
-   -   Wakeboarding Unleashed Video Game Question (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73249)

ahuser22 07-03-2003 10:13 AM

Anyone know if on the 2-player coop you can drive double-ups? Thanks

bassboy8855 07-03-2003 10:26 AM

no, the wake isn't long enough. i'v tried makeing real small ones, and it still dosent work.

rock_n_boardin 07-03-2003 11:01 AM

What game system is this game out on? Or is it on all systems, I am buying my first system since the days of Pac Man LOL and would like to get the one that has this game available on it. My buddy said I should get an X Box, any opinions on the different game systems?

ahuser22 07-03-2003 11:12 AM

Thanks Dave for the info about the double-ups...dang, that would have been a sweet feature. <BR> <BR>rock n boardin, I don't know too much about the systems so I cant really help you out <BR> <BR>

catalyst 07-03-2003 11:18 AM

ps2 is good cause ur set up totaly for dvds abd playing cds and all that other stuff and it has an i link prot so im guessing u can plug ur sony camera into it and play ur movies from it and if ur burning dvds they work on ps2, vcd's however dont. X box is sweet but u have to spend an extra 50 for the dvd player portion but u can program a ton of songs into it so rather than here shaun murray music u can play ur own music, x box also has a great snowboard game called amped witch is only like 20 bucks and is my favorite game by far. They are both good and it realy doesnt matter wich one i mean they are almost identical

noneya 07-03-2003 11:27 AM

The DVD player on the PS2 bites. Dont plan on watching movies with it.

cws_kahuna 07-03-2003 11:51 AM

NoneYa, <BR> <BR>I use the DVD Player all the time on my PS2. No problems for me. I do know some people though where the picture would kinda go dark then light and back to dark etc... I suggest maybe trying the Monster Cable plugs in S-Video or Component Video. <BR> <BR>Also the new PS2 systems, they made some improvments as it now supports progressive scan DVD and the system runs a little cooler. It also has a built in IR for the remote instead of the plug in thing used on the first gen PS2s.

wakeripper 07-03-2003 11:55 AM

The DVD works great, I have a bunch of friends that have them in their cars hooked up to TV's and we watch movies and play video games all the time on road trips

noneya 07-03-2003 1:30 PM

The light - dark thing is caused by the anti-piracy software, usually caused by running the PS2 through a VCR instead of directly through the TV. My PS2 plays about 90% of my videos w/ no probs but when renting movies I was getting pissed because a lot of them werent playing (it would just say unreadable) got a new JVC DVD player, played all the same DVDs just fine. I think the newer DVD's have less problems as the rentals I had problems with were either older movies or real obscure stuff.

xander 07-03-2003 3:26 PM

I've had only a few problems with my ps2 dvd.. frankly I think its just getting old. About the double ups, its not that the wake is to short, its the fact that the game has no wake interaction. Ever notice that the wake just disappears after. I'm guessing it would be really complex to try to program that in. Plus what do you need double ups for? You can already get huge air