WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Thanks d williams and everyone at ww (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781162)

hatepwcs 06-30-2010 9:51 AM

Thanks d williams and everyone at ww

Just wanted to express how grateful I am to this site. In 1996 I bought a brand new Sanger and a TEN FOOT POLE. Only problem was I didnt know any other riders and didnt have anyone to drive my new boat so I could actually ride behind it. Thats when I stumbled across WW. Been a constant source of rider links and info for me since then. I've met and ridden with well over 50 fantastic people through WW in five different states and Fiji and consider a handful of them to be very good friends now.

Yesterday, through WW I got hooked up with two more super solid riders and was able to ride behind my boat for the first time since destroying my leg on my wake skate 2 years ago. Again, Thanks DW and the entire WW crew (I think its up to three now if you count Daves dog?)

andy_nintzel 06-30-2010 9:53 AM

THIS SITE RULES for that type of stuff!

depswa 06-30-2010 1:08 PM

Long time no hear Neelley! Am I one of the handful? HA!

Lets ride! I have a new board and my new bingings should be here Fridayish.

Hope you and the fam are doing well!

Dan

mattgettel 06-30-2010 2:05 PM

big ups for WW from me too.

hatepwcs 06-30-2010 4:26 PM

Dan the man-

Yes lets do it. Im basically retired. Weekdays whenever.

661 917-1910

depswa 07-01-2010 11:38 AM

Nice...unfortunately...I'm not "basically retired"...HA! Just Tired...However, I can work with my schedule and ride mornings occasionally...we just gotta try to pick a good morning where the gods cooperate and the winds are calm. Do you have a cove pass? I think Carter said he got one again...and I know he wants to ride...It'll be fun...the Veteran crew...lol Is there room on your boat for our Walkers? HA! Here's my # 818-694-0918

benjaminp 07-01-2010 3:16 PM

Yeah props to Wakeworld and Dave. This site got me my first pull behind a real wakeboarding boat and hooked me up with some great guys in my area. Its always a little sketchy telling people that you met over the internet, but its also always worth it. Ya Dave!

depswa 07-01-2010 4:57 PM

I have met a ton of people through this site as well...probably too many to list and I'm sure I'll forget a bunch of you.

I was one of the dudes that rode with Neelley behind is old Sanger with the ten foot pole! There was barely anywhere to sit because he had so much ballast! But it was awesome! That was probably 11 years ago. We used to get to the lake at sunrise (6-6:30am) and freeze our nutz off to get the butter!!! I also rode behind his new boat shortly after he bought it which was a little more spacious! LOL.

Besides the local SoCal people I met through this site...Erik Carter, RJ, Scottay, Troy, RJ, Dale, Skylar, Chris WIlliams, Gideon, Jeff Altman, Jason Onori, etc., 9-10 years ago I also rode with Dave Williams at Lake Elsinore and met a good crew of other wakeworlders.

In SD...I met Gramps, Paul, Blabelmooch, and a bunch of others because of Wakeworld.

Then there's the Delta/Sacramento Crew....Thanks to this site I met Joe Umali and he showed me the Wake Jedi Way! Jason Buffalow, Arun, Rich and Chris Dykmans, Aaron Aubrey, Tony Tonso, etc.

I have had so many memorable times wakeboarding and I can definitely attribute most of them to this site. I am still a sucky wakeboader, but I sure as hell have a blast when I do it! I haven't met anyone in this community that I can honestly say I didn't like. I hope they think the same of me! HA!

Thanks for making this website Dave! I am definitely a lifer! I can say that I am on this discussion board 5-days a week 5-6 times a day! It's like crack! HA!

All you you I haven't seen in a while...Hit me up...I miss you guys! We should do some sort of reunion ride somewhere sometime!

Sincerely,

Dan

blastmaster 07-01-2010 8:14 PM

Hey Chris:
Very long time no hear. Glad to see you back. I too am back into boarding after many year and thnks to wakeworld are definitley due.

Remember the days @ New Melones or Don Pedro. I belive your saying was "the best water in So cal was in Nor Cal" or something to that effect. You still have the huge dog? Come to Nor Cal any more? Were down for a day trip if your up this way. I can't even remember how many years it's been. My sons are 17,19, & 25 now so it has been awile.

I wonder if Chuck is around any more? Boardstock and Shasta Wakeworld gatherings were epic. I celebrated my 40th birthday with tons of wakeworlders @ Shasta. Ocassionally I talk to Travis(phaeton) Sean Weiland, Brian Lahowe and others I met here on the board.
Great times for sure. Maybe it is time for another wakewordl gathering

Rick Herscowitz

wakeworld 07-02-2010 4:19 AM

Just about everyone I ride with I met through WakeWorld. It really is amazing when you think about it. Our entire riding community is based off of the WakeWorld community. People always laugh when I tell the story of how we all met cuz the story runs like a discussion board thread!!

seattle 07-02-2010 9:06 AM

September will be my tenth anniversary on these boards. I met most of my closest friends here.;)

hatepwcs 07-02-2010 10:42 AM

Were heading north at the end of summer. Towing the Sanger behind the class C from LA to Bellingham. Delta, Shasta and Columbia Gorge are the stops for the north bound leg. After a week in Vancouver Canada we'll head back down and stop wherever we want.