WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Wake compound at pala, ca (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797650)

jimmy30 04-14-2013 10:14 AM

Wake compound at pala, ca

Has anyone been out to the Pala Raceway and seen the cable park being built?? It looks awesome! Can't wait for it to open! :D:D

cableripper 04-15-2013 10:23 AM

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/bre...wake-compound/

slipknot 04-17-2013 8:33 AM

this place can't open fast enough, it will be the place to be when it opens. Pala will not mess this up one bit. They have the money and the land to do what they please. Season passes will flow out the door. Does anyone now about the one that was supposed to open in Elsinore? Has it hit the routine government road blocks?

It would be nice if the wake compound guys would chime in here to give us some color on when it opens what are the layouts of the park, etc. Who are the company sponsors is it LF? I saw Tony Finn onsite the other day.

wakecompoundelsinore 04-17-2013 9:36 PM

We are happy to provide as much insight and info as we can. We are working as hard and fast as we can to get the park open this summer. We only broke ground 6 weeks ago and had to move allot of dirt to create the lake. Its going well but we have allot left to do to be ready for opening. With that in mind we do not have an opening date set , we do not want to over promise but rest assured we will announce a date as soon as we are sure.The sponsors of the park are still being worked out and we will be promoting them at the park soon.

We are also the developers of the Lake Elsinore park and we did hit some government agency snags that made it impossible to get it done this summer. It is however moving forward and we think we will be ready for opening next year at Lake E. Thanks for your support,feel free to come out to the Pala raceway and see what were doing ,You can get construction updates at Wake Compound on FB!!

mclaughlin_ricky 08-06-2013 1:13 AM

Any updates as of this summer the last updates I have heard from pala is that you have broken ground. Is the project still under construction any possibility it will be open before summers end?

Dustfarter 08-07-2013 9:59 AM

Don't hold your breath :(

Medium 08-08-2013 1:52 PM

I hope this project doesn't end up like all the other So Cal cable parks did...

bear 08-17-2013 2:44 PM

I've been checking there face book all summer. no updates on there. i also just sent them a message via facebook asking for an update with no reply. sure hope things go through

bear 08-22-2013 2:25 PM

yup on response to my facebook IM's from them either! i don't get it. hope its still moving forward

Medium 08-22-2013 8:30 PM

I was told, by what I think is a reliable source, that the issue isn't with the city or county, but with Pala. So I gather that they're working on negotiations of some sort.

I'm hoping that this is good news since it's always the city, state, or county that has shut down the other cables trying to get up and running.

Dustfarter 08-22-2013 10:50 PM

Cowboys and Indians.........

tranner 08-23-2013 11:09 AM

I was so excited to see this topic pop up to the top of the boards again, only to be disappointed by rumors of more delays. Back to Wake Island in Sacramento!

9jones9 09-30-2013 1:31 AM

wake compound can you tell us anything new?

slipknot 10-01-2013 7:26 AM

can the Indians just get the checkbooks out and grease all the politicos like they always do?

Medium 10-31-2013 8:46 AM

This is the latest word from Rixen

"Pala suffered a few setbacks due to some issues with the permitting. There are some complex politics that have created some delays.

The lake is constructed and the system is sitting on site, waiting for the governing body to resolve some internal issues.

I feel confident things will be corrected soon and the cable will operate this spring,"

Let's hope for the best

Dustfarter 11-04-2013 1:35 PM

At least not all seems to be lost. Fingers crossed for spring.