WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFLs Sheldon Brown goes big (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793552)

wake_dad_sc 05-24-2012 2:01 PM

NFLs Sheldon Brown goes big

Very nice pop. I wasn't expecting to see an NFL Baller get that much air. Very nice. He just may be the best wakeboarder in the NFL :)

05-24-2012 2:07 PM

I think I saw his boat for sale somewhere but now I dont remember what site

the_fish 05-24-2012 5:08 PM

Link?

baitkiller 05-24-2012 6:03 PM

Look on the home page

Bolo 05-24-2012 8:44 PM

I was really surprised seeing the pictures and seeing the level he's riding at. As an NFL player, wakeboarding would be a huuuuge risk. An injury wakeboarding in the off-season could potentially be season or career ending and if your injured doing anything other than football you don't get paid. Knowing that, it's obvious how much he really must love riding, and that's awesome!

jaybee 05-25-2012 6:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolo (Post 1754484)
I was really surprised seeing the pictures and seeing the level he's riding at. As an NFL player, wakeboarding would be a huuuuge risk. An injury wakeboarding in the off-season could potentially be season or career ending and if your injured doing anything other than football you don't get paid. Knowing that, it's obvious how much he really must love riding, and that's awesome!

My sentiments exactly!

scotthons 05-25-2012 7:59 AM

That was a good interview. He seems like a genuine guy. I love seeing things like this and give me more of a reason to follow his career in the NFL.

cjh1669 05-25-2012 8:10 AM

I'm surprised he's doing interviews are advertising he's wakeboarding. Odds are there are clauses in his contract against activities like wakeboarding. I know there are ones to stop skiing and snowboaridng in all NFL contracts

ShawnB 05-25-2012 10:28 AM

The pro football player that used to live in our neighborhood wouldn't even go on my boat, let alone try wakeboarding. His contract didn't allow him to do anything.

wakebrdjay 05-25-2012 12:13 PM

Kellen Winslow Jr. is all I have to say.

wake_dad_sc 05-25-2012 12:13 PM

Sheldon is a great guy. Laid back family man who loves skiing and riding especially with his family. This is his off season workout. He says he is in better shape now than when he lived in the gym. Less injuries too. Eleven years in the league as a starter is quite a phsical feat. Maybe they should have an NFL mini camp with wakeboarding and skiing.

pprior 05-26-2012 8:23 AM

I'm amazed he's allowed to get on a boat. That is crazy liability for a pro athlete. My guess is his agent is calling him as we speak :)

polarbill 05-26-2012 12:13 PM

Him wakeboarding is kind of weird but maybe he had it written into his contract. In the interview he says that wakeboarding/skiing is basically his off season workout and he stays in great shape doing.

I have a buddy that was an olinemane for the Hawks and is now on the Bears. HE bought a wakeboarding this year. Not sure if he will try and wakeboard or surf though. He is 6'3" 300 pounds or so so it would be funny to see. I know Luke Ridinoir(sp?) and Spencer Hawes both surf even though they are/were under contract.