WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   People with too much $$ (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793919)

bcrider 06-13-2012 10:30 AM

People with too much $$

I stumble across these type of ads quite a lot when searching on Craigslist dreaming about a replacement boat one day. I shake my head at people like this though that bought the boat brand new and never use the damn thing. Keep in mind this is also a Canadian price so boats are always still a bit more then the US. Partially because they paid way more when they bought it brand new and try to recover some of that when selling. I don't really think it would be worth this even with the low hours. Still, when I first got our newer boat I put 105hrs on it the first year, 93 the next, and it's slowly gone down with people being busier now being older and having kids. but 90hrs in 8 years.:banghead:

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...062382235.html

getssum 06-13-2012 10:38 AM

To me, the ad says it all...

"I'm in NO rush to sell this boat"

To me this means the wife said - Let's sell the boat honey... And the dutiful hubbie who doesn't want to piss her off says I'll put it on Craigslist. He just doesn't tell her about the inflated price so it won't sell!

wakedaveup 06-13-2012 10:51 AM

^^ Thats what I would do!

kenv 06-13-2012 10:53 AM

Dave,

I'm sure everyone's story is different...but I will tell you that down here in Texas, especially Central Texas/San Antonio, the drought we have had over the past 5 years has put a serious dent into the hours that people are running their wake boats. Some lakes are so low it is dangerous...some had even closed all ramps for access. So someone who put 100 hours on in 2009..in 2010 might have only snuck in 20 or 30 at most.. My home lake, where I store the boat is 53 feet low....so it becomes more of a chore to load the gear, kids and drive 50 or 100 miles to find a lake with access and water.

Ken

idaho_hillbilly 06-13-2012 8:40 PM

I live in N. Idaho and we have maybe a 3 month season unless we want to play in freshly melted snow. We don't have to cruise anywhere to play....we are surfing 20 yards from the launch and when we are not surfing, we just float and enjoy. I sold a 1994 with under 300 hours 4 years ago. You don't have to have the motor running to enjoy a boat.

BTW: The boat is over priced.

tommyg 06-14-2012 5:52 AM

everybody's story is different. We sold our '02 Nautique with like 350 hours. sounds really low, but we've got small kids, now 5 and 6 years old --- I would go out with friends boarding and put hours on it, but more than half the time was with the kids who would want to go straight to the beach. we still had great days on the water, but put like 1 hour on the boat during those days.

sidekicknicholas 06-14-2012 6:20 AM

That link is from Canada - perhaps they're using local currency for the price, bringing the price down to a completely still overpriced $52.5k

Some people just don't know what their stuff is worth, some people know exactly what its worth and hope some buyer doesn't.

....my car is "for sale" right now for $1000 more than I paid for it 15 months ago.... if someone wants to pay it, it is theirs.... if not, I just keep driving it.

kskonn 06-14-2012 1:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenv (Post 1759690)
Dave,

I'm sure everyone's story is different...but I will tell you that down here in Texas, especially Central Texas/San Antonio, the drought we have had over the past 5 years has put a serious dent into the hours that people are running their wake boats. Some lakes are so low it is dangerous...some had even closed all ramps for access. So someone who put 100 hours on in 2009..in 2010 might have only snuck in 20 or 30 at most.. My home lake, where I store the boat is 53 feet low....so it becomes more of a chore to load the gear, kids and drive 50 or 100 miles to find a lake with access and water.

Ken

Ken,

what lake are you at? If needed you are welcome to come out to Lake Placid by seguin and I can pull you around. We are fortunate that the level on our lake dropped only 6 in. throughout the drought last summer.

norwalkbeast 06-14-2012 2:17 PM

I wouldn't say thats the only ad like that. There are so many that tend to be that way. I think everybody likes to dream of a new boat, but those dreams don't last long when people price there boats like that. The boat is overpriced!

kenv 06-14-2012 2:22 PM

Kevin,

I'm on Medina. I skied out at Placid about 20 years back. Thanks for the invite. Is there a place where I could launch my boat out there or is it all private? I would take the drive out there for an afternoon. Beautiful water. I had heard over the last couple of years that there was no longer any public access to McQueeny, Dunlap or Placid. Is that true? We had fished some bass tournaments on McQueeny from the park right at the mouth of the river..but i thought I heard somewhere that is was closed the last couple of years back.

kskonn 06-14-2012 4:16 PM

There is no public access to McQueeney, but somehow it is the most crowded. There is public access to Placid underneath Ih10. Take the exit for FM464 u turn off ih10( this will make sense when you exit) then follow to the public ramp. Dunlap has public access under 35 but I don't know which exit to take, I never go on Dunlap.

Bolo 06-15-2012 11:11 AM

You think that x-star is overpriced? How about this....

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/3071921701.html

jeff_mn 06-15-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolo (Post 1760279)
You think that x-star is overpriced? How about this....

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/3071921701.html

surf wake looks legit!

06-15-2012 11:28 AM

^^^thats just stupid. Maybe its me but im not a X-80 fan. If i wanted a damn sink or corian countertop id buy a dang cabin cruiser.

diamonddad 06-15-2012 11:36 AM

That surf wake looks like crap.

06-15-2012 11:54 AM

^^^^^ That price is pretty nuts for a 7 year old boat. And speaking of people with too much dinero. I saw a 65 foot sea ray with the most outrageous wetsounds setup ever a couple weeks ago at party cove on lake lewisville. The guy said he had $50,000 worth of wetsounds equipment in the boat. No joke, the guy had like 12 WS subs and about 20 rev 10s all across the transom, and im sure the amps to go with it as well as WS interior speakers throughout the boat. needless to say you could hear his boat over the top of everyone elses.

06-15-2012 1:00 PM

simply the title of this thread is sickening. when you make money you can spend it however you want. OR, you can try to take what those have earned and redistribute amongst social programs with low to now oversight. if i want to go buy a g23 and paint it pink and right i love penis on the side then that's my business.(i wouldnt, but...) here's something about people with too much of other peoples' money; everytime the president(not just obama) flies on air force 1 he takes a 2nd, identical plane just in case there's something wrong with air force 1-a. and the planes are hand waxed. sound like a waste of money to you? sorry to get somewhat political. but this is america. if i want to spend my money frivolously then that is my, or anyone else(who's not receiving gov't help) choice.

bcrider 06-15-2012 3:21 PM

^ step away from the keyboard and have a nice chilly beer. It's ok. I was purely talking about a boat that wasn't really used....and I don't really give a cr@p what you or anyone does with your money.

06-15-2012 5:31 PM

will do. have a nice weekend.

Bakes 06-15-2012 6:54 PM

Somewhere out there, a nice 3 yr old boat is getting 20 hr per year, sitting in a heated garage, being professionally maintained and detailed that I will buy in 2-3 yrs. Can't wait.