WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   Badass Things to do before I die... (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782269)

clayton191 08-02-2010 2:18 AM

Badass Things to do before I die...

I've been really stressed lately -- So far in 2010, I've:

Bought a new home, moved, had a baby, and I turned 30...

I guess I'm wondering -- what is some really cool stuff I still need to do before I die (I feel old as hell after all of this!)

My list, thus far includes:

* Buy High End Digital Camera, Take Photography Class
* Wakeboard Trip to Lake Havasu
* Wakeboard Trip to the Delta
* Wakeboard Trip to Bull Shoals
* Travel Parts of Europe
* Hawaii /w Wife
* Trip to Australia
* Learn to ride a dirt bike
* Attend the UK vs. Louisville Basketball game...

Think of this as a suggestions thread -- I'm obviously insanely bored and unable to sleep...

ralph 08-02-2010 2:46 AM

Come to NZ when you go to Ausy, I can hook you up in some epic riding spots.

caucasiancamo 08-02-2010 3:07 AM

good list just turned 35 haha

hmmm

brazil trip
squirell suit out of a plane
stand up comedy
ride a bull

cwb4me 08-02-2010 4:25 AM

see niagra falls
see grand canyon
see yellowstone park
hit up every cable park in the u.s.
host a wake the world event
ride a air chair
jump out of a plane[with a parachute]
buy a corvette

bendow 08-02-2010 4:51 AM

becareful on the dirt bike ...I'm getting back surgery next month.

mattgettel 08-02-2010 5:13 AM

I know you will be cheering for the cards in the basketball game.

kyle_L 08-02-2010 6:12 AM

An Ohio State vs Michigan football game preferably when they are both ranked teams. It is probably the longest rivalry in the history of sport.

08-02-2010 6:40 AM

Raft trip through the Grand Canyon (next summer)
Hike the Yosemite valley
Winter snowmobile trip through Yellowstone
Hike the Yellowstone back country
Swim in the Devil's Pool at Victoria Falls
Machu Picchu
Angel Falls
hike to Everest base camp

bmartin 08-02-2010 6:55 AM

You are not Old and a long way off from your "Bucket List". Enjoy jour kiddo(s) and teach them to wakeboard. They grow up fast. Just shipped my first to West Point and my wake crew isn't the same.

The Grand Cayon trip would also be on my list and if I had to pick an epic place to wakeboard, I would have to say lake Jackson in the Tetons.

wakeboardingdad 08-02-2010 6:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bendow (Post 1616513)
becareful on the dirt bike ...I'm getting back surgery next month.

Or you can get back surgery after sitting on the couch. :o
We ride (my sons and I) and we have seen quite a bit while doing so. Bald eagles are not common in this area and I will never forget when my oldest and I both saw our first one the wild together. We were at the top of a 200' drop off which landed in the the TN river. The bald eagle was flying at eye level right in front of us! Cool stuff!

It is so important to include the kids in your adventures. With all the things kids can get into nowadays they need all the distractions from that they can get. I know that it has made a difference in my kid's life. It also helps to have others living the same life so that they can see that NOT EVERYONE IS DOING IT.

BTW, I like your list! I second NZ. Our rafting guide went there kayaking and said it is a 3 week minimum trip. Yes, I told him that NZ has always been my most desired place to go.

guido 08-02-2010 9:15 AM

Right now my list is like this:

Spend a bunch of time in Europe. Especially Italy, preferably with a motorcycle. Croatia is on the top of my list as well.
Have a kid
RV trip across USA hitting a bunch of national parks (hopefully after I have a kid)
Vacation in Belize
Sail from the Bay Area to South America

One thing to add to your list for sure: Get out on a racetrack. Either in a car or (even better) by motorcycle. It'll be a huge rush.

stephan 08-02-2010 9:28 AM

Buy life insurance? After your 2010 that'd be my suggestion.

JJ 08-02-2010 9:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdtx (Post 1616530)
Winter snowmobile trip through Yellowstone

This has been on my list for awhile... checking it off in December :)

barry 08-02-2010 11:51 AM

Be certain you're right with God.

bennn 08-02-2010 2:12 PM

nfl playoff game or world series game

migs 08-02-2010 2:30 PM

spend a few days in Saint Tropez in the month of August & witness firsthand how the wealthiest people in the world vacation.
Scuba dive in the Philippines - preferrably in the island of Palawan.
Stay at the Ritz Paris.

08-02-2010 3:52 PM

Watch my two girls (8 and 6) walk down the isle.
Teach my two boys how to be men (6 and 2)

After that everything is gravy!
I do love the list though....

jtnz 08-02-2010 8:35 PM

Quote:

Come to NZ when you go to Ausy, I can hook you up in some epic riding spots
Ralph's not kidding when he says Epic, just watch Global Warning, also, even been surfing? Both coasts in one day can happen here. Finish it up with fishing from the rocks at dusk and a camp fire on the beach, paradise.

I want to go to Shasta, Powell and visit the cables in Europe. Surf Hawaii, and go back to Spain.

stu929 08-02-2010 10:50 PM

CWB if you are in the nations capitol hit me up! Have an air chair!

tinytdubb 08-02-2010 11:41 PM

Running of the Bulls no question.

ilikebeaverandboats 08-03-2010 12:14 AM

Go Wakesurfing at midnight with underwater LED's..........seriously like the coolest thing to do. Did it tonight (not at midnight) and it was the coolest freakin thing ever. If the vid worked ill get it up.

cwb4me 08-03-2010 3:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu929 (Post 1616906)
CWB if you are in the nations capitol hit me up! Have an air chair!

i have one too! thats why i suggested it.:D

migs 08-03-2010 8:32 AM

rent a lambo/ferrari & drive across europe.
heli ski/board in alaska for a week.

wake77 08-03-2010 8:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bells Beach, 50 year storm.

guido 08-03-2010 10:14 AM

Oh yeah.... I'd like to add heli-board alaska to my list also. That looks amazing.

BCPMike0663 08-03-2010 10:56 AM

Have a kid.
Play in the world series of poker.
Own a Medieval Madness Pinball machine. (Best pinball machine of all time)
Visit Australia.

My list is kind of boring but that is all I got!

fly135 08-03-2010 12:50 PM

I'd like all my kids out of the house before I die.

alans 08-03-2010 7:11 PM

Robert, have you hosted a Wake the World Event? Either way, I would love to be involved in some way here in VA.

Nice meeting you on Saturday.

dirwoody 08-03-2010 8:27 PM

Land an S bend
Land a whirlybird
Get married
Live on a lake
Shoot a wall-hanger deer with my bow
Give my parents the support as they get older, as they did for me when I was younger
Start a photo studio
Get a photo in a musuem
Have someone like Chip Foose re-do y 68 mustang
Drive a supercar
Wakeboard in a different country
I'm sure once I have kids - this will change a bit, but as of right now....it works

cwb4me 08-03-2010 8:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alans (Post 1617316)
Robert, have you hosted a Wake the World Event? Either way, I would love to be involved in some way here in VA.

Nice meeting you on Saturday.

alan i haven't hosted an event but i would be interested in helping with one. time constraints would keep me from hosting right now. likewise it was a pleasure meeting you alan.

chris4x4gill2 08-04-2010 9:10 AM

I have many places in Europe I want to see Rome, Prague again, Stonehenge, Istanbul, the Pyramids.

I want to travel to Costa Rica for a fishing trip.

Teach my son (1) how to throw a baseball, ski/wakeboard, take him camping.

See Australia / NZ

jason_ssr 08-05-2010 7:54 AM

Always fun to think about this stuff. As I look at like-minded individuals I find it interesting how much my list is similar and also how my list is different. The main difference has always been skydiving. Im an adrenaline junkie so I feel it should be something that interests me, but Ive just never been able to make myself want to. Ive had many opportunities but I just can seem to get up for it. Just doesnt seem that fun. Seems more like an amusement park ride.

I dont travel as much as I should, and I think its because I am whipped to death by the fact that most everything worth seeing has been converted into a tourist trap and I feel that paying someone to put me on a plane and plopping me down in the middle of it just so i can say I saw it, is just feeding the trap mentality.

I have been kiteboarding for 8 years now, and it has really turned me on to the idea of sailing to destinations as Evan mentioned. Something about sailing makes the journey just as important as the destination. I too want to do some sailing adventures. I also recommend that you guys put learning to kiteboard on your list. It will really change how you see the world, and it adds a shot of intensity to every other trip on your list. Its odd how much your perception changes when you are 500yds offshore looking at the beach and the ocean around you and your standing on nothing but a wakboard, alone, in the silence. Makes you feel very very small.

My son turns 2 next month, and my list has pretty much evolved into sharing experiences with him.

helinut 08-05-2010 8:06 AM

Get on that skydiving thing if you're an adrenaline junky. Yeah the first couple are like an amusement ride, but it's an amazing feeling. I logged 650 jumps before I quit. Loved every one of them. Even the 4 reserve rides. :)

My list:

Get in to dirt biking with my kids
Get my kids in to wakeboarding if they want to
Hitch a ride in to outer space somehow
Fly a military jet and break the sound barrier ( have a commercial pilots license with a 1000 hours )
Own my own jet
Own a business ( I'd love to own a restaurant, but we all know how many of them go under )
Complete a Bachelors degree ( heading back to college this fall! )
King crab fishing on the Bearing Sea ( crazy, but I'd love to see what it's like )

bc123 08-09-2010 2:07 PM

Surf Costa Rica, North Shore, Mavericks
BASE Jump off the Foresthill Bridge(the one in XXX)
Spring Break in Havasu
Snowboard Whistler, Alaska and NZ
Octoberfest in Germany
Climb Killamanjaro, Fiji, Everest
Drive something over 200mph
50 girls in 50 states(just kidding im married)

im sure theres more im forgetting