WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through November 30, 2004 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=202321)
-   -   Whats the best way to build a simple slider? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195191)

petertjr 10-13-2004 7:56 AM

I was just wondering how you would build a simple slider. The water i'm thinking of putting it in is probably about 5-7 feet. <BR> <BR>Any ideas will help, thanks

munky_flip 10-13-2004 11:03 AM

heres how a friend and i did it. some might say we are stupid but who cares, it works and it fun as heck. <BR> <BR>supplies: <BR> 1 2"x12" 10ft. <BR> 3 2"x4" <BR> 3 3" pvc 10ft. <BR> 12 lag bolts <BR> 1 "found" piece of dock foam 8 ft <BR> 4 2 sticks of all thread <BR> 8 washers and nuts that fit the all thread <BR> <BR>OUR STEPS: <BR>1. split the 2x4's and place one in each pvc you will have 4 but only 3 will be needed for the slider. the other will be used later. <BR>2. space the pipes evenly across the top of the 2x12. clamp the outer two with c-clamps. <BR>3. turn the board over. use a air gun to drive the 4 lag bolts evenly into both outer pipes. <BR>4. turn the board back over now with two pvc pipes attached. place the remainng pipe evenly in the middle of the others. now cut 3 12in pieces off of the remaining split 2x4. lay one on each end and one in the middle. now clamp all three down. <BR>5. turn back over and finish out the lag bolts. <BR>6. cut the foam into 2 4ft sections (we used a chainsaw). <BR>7. with each section and the finished board form an I shape. <BR>8. now drill 2 holes through the board and foam on both ends. we drilled the hole in the wood and as far as possible into the foam. then we took bar i had laying around and drove it through the remaining foam. <BR>9. put a nut and washer on one end of each of the all thread sticks. <BR>10. placed all in the holes and tightened. <BR>11. then cut off the reamining sticking out above the pvc. <BR>12. to make the contraption safer we angled the foam down from the board out. we figured the angle we wanted by sliding a board across the pvc and marked where the board hit the foam. <BR>13. painted it and then hit it. <BR> <BR>LIKE I SAID ITS NOT THE BEST DESIGN IN THE WORLD BUT WE USED WHAT WE HAD. WE ONLY HAD TO SPEND $30.

210n 10-13-2004 2:44 PM

get a picnic table and put it on top of a tube then do eeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiit

petertjr 10-13-2004 6:58 PM

Thanks alot guys, just gotta wait till next season

gdillyfunk69 10-14-2004 11:44 AM

No Peter thats what the off season is all about!!! You can spend the days that you want to be out riding working on new stuff like sliders and kickers. Last winter we built like 4 rails, a 30 foot pool, and a 7 foot kicker. It was teh best winter ever!! <BR>

prestone 10-14-2004 11:57 AM

my suggestion dont use pvc i didnt like it as much as using plastics. u can go to a home depo and look around where bathroom tile is and u can find big sheets of this waterproof plastic stuff a 8 x 4 sheet is only like 20 bucks its super slick and not as much work to put on

petertjr 10-14-2004 3:18 PM

i would like to build in the winter, but the problem is i don't have a cottage to put all this stuff, so what i was planning to do is attempt to put some of a slider together at home, and then the rest lake or something. one that i could take appart fairly quick and bring it back home.....but this probably won't work very well, but i guess its worth a try <BR>

petertjr 10-14-2004 3:19 PM

sounds kinda crazy i guess, hehe