WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Wicked Wraps Needs Your Advice! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=801287)

02-28-2014 1:34 PM

Wicked Wraps Needs Your Advice!

Wicked Wraps is buying a boat to wrap, and we've narrowed it down to a 2007 MB Sports 24V Sport Deck. We had a few questions that we were hoping some wake enthusiasts could answer...

How is the wake?

Is the built-in sink useful?

Does the Head have snap-in carpet?

Any and all advice is appreciated!

WakeDirt 02-28-2014 1:40 PM

I never thought there would be this set of questions asked about this particular boat....ever...

rexlex01 02-28-2014 2:09 PM

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j...93711731520287

bcrider 02-28-2014 2:30 PM

You mean someone is actually gonna buy the one at Seattle watersports. It's been on there forever. Honestly, if you buy this you will probably have a hell of a time selling it in the future.

02-28-2014 3:17 PM

These are important lady question! :)

02-28-2014 3:18 PM

Do you have the inside scoop on this particular boat?

bcrider 02-28-2014 3:22 PM

No. It's been on their site a looooong time.....prob since 07 so I just remembered the boat. Then I saw you are in Washington so figured it was it.

bcrider 02-28-2014 3:23 PM

don't think it was a very popular boat for MB.

02-28-2014 3:24 PM

You are right! Impressive. We liked it because the interior can be colored with vinyl paint and we'll cover it with a sick wrap. Just not sure about the sink and head...

wakereviews 03-01-2014 7:15 AM

I always wondered about those boats. A deck style boat you could surf behind. Wonder what the surf wave is like on that?

Iceberg 03-01-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

How is the wake?

Is the built-in sink useful?

Does the Head have snap-in carpet?

Any and all advice is appreciated!
1. OK. This boat has never been considered a wakeboat, more of a cross-over. Never pulled a tournament, nor been in a wakeboard movie. Can you have fun with it? Certainly!

2. If you need to clean veggies, your hands after a bad episode in the head, or a boo boo if you fall and hit your head.

3. If it did, it would be the first thing you would remove. Actually I believe it has some carpet for the porta-potti to foul.

As you can see, it is a wide-body and from reports has a good surf wave as you might expect do to its size. Now all you have to do is weight it. As well, it has lots of freeboard and storage for the bags.

illini88 03-01-2014 11:17 AM

Do these things share a running surface with any other MB? Looks like an interesting concept. Not the most aesthetically pleasing boat I've seen, but the interior looks crazy roomy.

22vdrive 03-01-2014 3:22 PM

My friend has one stay away horrible wake board wake and surf wake. It drives like sh**.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boardman74 03-02-2014 7:01 AM

The first thing I thought when i saw this thread….this has to be a joke right????

Considering this a wakeboard/ surf forum and you put deck boat…..sink….and head in the same post. None of which belong in/ on a wake boat. This is a joke right???

Iceberg 03-02-2014 8:47 AM

Quote:

The first thing I thought when i saw this thread….this has to be a joke right????
Maybe, maybe not! This is a bill-board boat; so why not use a deck-boat, or any boat that can show the work of the graphic? You can always be part of any water-sport event as a support boat, or even on a trailer to be seen in places where customers may be lurking. Now, if the intent was to get some great upper level wakeboarding happening, then this is not the right boat. If the intent is to have some novice fun, which 90% of most boarders are, then again, why not? Not to be a wake-snob, but people do wakeboard behind jet boats and have fun doing it.

MattieK27 03-02-2014 7:03 PM

Having trouble finding the original threads on it, but basically the 24V was built out of molds that Mike purchased from another boat manufacturer. (Chaparral I think, again having a hard time hunting down the threads from the past)

It was originally designed to be an I/O, and its driving characteristics will follow suite. One major flaw I recall was since it was designed to be an I/O, with the Vdrive the draft was really big, meaning shallow water operation might get hairy.

Overall, it was a flop. It did nothing well, as it was just one big compromise. If you can get an amazing deal on it and it gets you on the water though, go for it...

(I am surprised more people don't remember when these came out, maybe all the old members have been chased away....)

MattieK27 03-02-2014 7:29 PM

If you were curious, compare the 24V to a Chaparral Sunesta 223.

http://www.skidock.com/Page.aspx/dii...3-Sunesta.aspx

If you look at the rear pic of the Chaparral in that ad compared to this of the 24V, you will see the commonality. (And you can see the void above the swim platform on the MB that was notched out when the boat was still using I/O propulsion.

http://images.boats.com/photos/323/2...69_102_pic.jpg

03-03-2014 9:42 AM

Thanks for all the feedback! We definitely won't be doing any major wake boarding, just a boat to have fun in and show off our Wicked Wrap. Frank and Matt - you are the best! ;)

wakereviews 03-03-2014 12:24 PM

if you pull the trigger, promise to post some pics up here when the wrap is done.

03-04-2014 11:34 AM

You know it Ian! Check out the ones we've done so far: http://wickedwraps.net/work/boats/

cassieww 05-28-2014 2:38 PM

Hey Everypne!

1 Attachment(s)
We didn't get the boat that we had originally planned on getting. We got a 2007 Yamaha AR230HO!

We absolutely love it!

Here's a picture of it now, but we are going to be wrapping it this week to match the truck!

Will post a picture of it fully done soon! Stay tuned :)

cassieww 06-13-2014 3:35 PM

Boat is done getting wrapped!

1 Attachment(s)
The boat is officially done being wrapped!! Check it out!

We can't wait to get it out on the water :)

Redheadd 06-13-2014 7:32 PM

You can pour syrup on ****.......don't make it pancakes!

AlbertaSurfer 06-13-2014 9:02 PM

Wrapped the wakeboard too?

cassieww 06-14-2014 12:50 PM

LOL @Red

cassieww 06-14-2014 12:51 PM

@ScottyMo, yep we wrapped it! Good eye ;) Wicked Wrap the world!

mikeski 06-14-2014 1:58 PM

That's one big jet ski!

AlbertaSurfer 06-14-2014 11:28 PM

Hey Cassie, I picked up a roll of satin black to wrap from the same spot on the bottom of the hull you did, up to just above the rub rail on my XStar. Any tricks to making this look right? There's no graphic, just black.

Oh, and nice work on the truck and Yammy. For a flagship rig, it should drum up some business. Good luck!

bwake 06-15-2014 12:57 AM

Dont you think you could have got a better boat, and done a better wrap to advertise your product? You are advertising on a Wakeboarding forum you know!

Jed 06-16-2014 1:23 AM

My mind makes that want to read "wicked warps". Funny. Looks go tho. Should draw some attention.

chattwake 06-16-2014 7:01 AM

You should have picked an uglier looking boat and a better looking wrap, that way the boat looks better wrapped.

Just my .02

cassieww 06-16-2014 1:12 PM

@ScottyMo It's really not as easy as it looks. I myself don't do the installs so I can't give you any tips other than to make sure it goes down dry and start from the transom so that the sides overlap aerodynamically. Good luck! :)

cassieww 06-16-2014 1:12 PM

@Mikeski I know it's SO FUN to drive! :)

crow210 06-16-2014 1:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwake (Post 1881012)
Dont you think you could have got a better boat, and done a better wrap to advertise your product? You are advertising on a Wakeboarding forum you know!

Don't you see the rack? If that doesn't make it a wake boat, what does?

cassieww 06-16-2014 1:15 PM

@BryonGray and @Chattwake Different strokes for different folks. Yeah it might not produce the biggest wake, but we have fun anyway ;) Isn't that all that matters?