WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video and Photography (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87667)
-   -   how to get super 8 to digital? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265106)

ladythump 11-07-2005 12:32 PM

A friend of mine taped some wakeboarding last month. I didn't check out their camcorder but I'm guessing it was a Super 8 model. Is there a way to get the footage off the tape to digital format??

suckbuthavefun 11-07-2005 1:36 PM

If their camera has an rca out and yours has an in, I think you can hook them up and record it....I think

ladythump 11-07-2005 1:57 PM

what if i don't have a camera at all?

ladythump 11-07-2005 2:09 PM

actually, you are probably right as you hook up the camcorder to your tv to view the video, like a vcr. <BR>So if you could hook it to a digital input, you could record what you're playing. <BR>Unfortunately, the only thing I have is a computer.

cali_rider 11-07-2005 4:42 PM

If you have a pc then pinnacle has a "capture" card that has this device that attaches to it that has fire wire, RCA in &amp; out. I use to have it but it came as a package though, the ÒDX500Ó I think. It came with that and Adobe Premier 6.0, but then I got my new system. Thinking about it, I still got the software and the card. IÕm not using it if you are interested. Its a pretty legit setup, But IÕm not sure if you were looking for all of that just to look at the footage.

cali_rider 11-07-2005 4:42 PM

or you just find some one with another camera that has an input.

ladythump 11-08-2005 6:22 AM

Travis, <BR>How much would you be looking to get for the software? Is Adobe 6.0 pretty outdated now?

cali_rider 11-09-2005 5:14 PM

im not really sure man, im not looking to make $$$ off it of anything. The main thing you really paying for is the capture card and device. You can always get the new version. But i dunno man make me an offer.

nauty 12-06-2005 11:16 AM

I use an Adaptec capture card that came with "My DVD" software from Sonic. This cost me around $49. <BR> <BR>You basically hook up your camcorder to the capture device with RCA cables and then the capture device connects to your computer with a USB cable. This does an okay job of getting your analog video to your computer, but you definitely lose a ton of quality by doing so. The finished product is very grainy and tends to jump a little during play back. <BR> <BR>After transferring 3 years of my kids and family video from Hi8 to DVD and seeing how bad the quality is, I am definitely now in the market for a digital camcorder.

richd 12-07-2005 5:30 AM

Sounds like you need to identify exactly what kind of camera it is. Super 8 is film so I'm assuming you just guessed totally at the name. 8mm or Hi8 you'll need a DAC (digital/analog convertor) or a mini DV camera with analog I/O. digital 8 or mini DV you can use firewire with one of the solutions mentioned above.

12-08-2005 7:14 AM

you just need to get yourself a capture card and soem editing software... usually the capture cards come with editing software.