WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   Vw cc (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779335)

ponyh8r 05-09-2010 4:38 PM

Vw cc

Anyone own one? My wife wants one and i am trying to figure out if it is a good car or not. I like the way it looks but am not stoked on the motor choices. From what i have read many of the experts say to get the 4 turbo over the VR6 for the cost savings. We have one kid and am not so sure about the space. If anyone has any input, i would love to hear it.

ralph 05-09-2010 5:16 PM

Is that Passat CC? I took one for a drive before I bought the R36. The one I had was the 3.6ltr 300hp 4wd DSG version. Great car, drove nice, sounded good but only being a 4 seater was a deal breaker for me. Glad I got the R36 variant instead.

ponyh8r 05-09-2010 5:43 PM

Thanks Derren. The R36 is sick, but too much coin for me. We are looking at the sport model for like $28K. We don't want to spend too much because we just moved to VA.

dakid 05-09-2010 5:46 PM

aside from the hideously bubbled out taillights, i like that car a lot.

jimmy_z 05-09-2010 10:41 PM

Many more reliable choices in the 28k range. I'd pass on the VW. Do your homework. Let the wife drive them all. Hopefully she will like something else.

tinytdubb 05-09-2010 11:28 PM

How about a phaeton V8?

ralph 05-10-2010 12:55 PM

If you don't need the space of the variant I would take the 4 door GTI in a heart beat, they are a great car

WakeboardNJ 05-11-2010 10:45 AM

The CC is a "Sport' model of the Passat. Actually "CC" means Comfort Coupe. It's part of the styling mantra of the car. It's got a coupe look/feel. It was built to appeal to a younger market than the Passat, but older market then the Jetta. It's built off the Passat frame and share a few common components with a few other models like seats, dash etc. (for those that don't know the history of the vehicle).

I own a 2009 CC, had it for 15months now. Absolutely AWESOME car, especially for the money. I have the Sport model with the 2.0T motor and 17" rims. It was a dealer promo model, meaning it has a few extra features added at the factory that you would normally have to buy during your purchase, but it only had 8 miles on it when I made my purchase.

My thoughts on the car:
A sub 30K car that accelerates handles and drives like this is hard to come by. Power to weight ratio is great. Front/Rear weight ratio is also excellent. Acceleration is great. Not mind-blowing, but plenty for any highway. Braking is great too. Have had no issues with either. The electric steering is amazing, especially between 75-90mph which seems to be the cars sweet spot. The wheel really tightens up at higher speeds. The trunk is huge, and will handle a lot of cargo. The cabin area is LOW. I am 5'10" and I have to stoop down to get in this car. But one in, it's like a fighter cockpit.
Ride Quality is excellent. Smooth, non-jarring and quiet. Of the 11 VW's my family has had over the years, this one is the best so far.
Fuel economy is excellent. it's an 18Gal tank. We fluctuate from 25-35 mpg depending on the driving. Stop and go sucks the fuel, but ti still does well. Highway is awesome. if your good on the pedal you will get nearly 600miles to the tank.
GRIPE: you are basically required to bring it to the dealership for ALL service. The computer runs the car. Any light that comes on, will need to be reset by VW only. Apparently VW hasn't given out the computer codes to anyone so no one can reset anything but a dealer.

We have 1 child under 1 year old. The rear seat handles the car seat with no problem. Booster seats should not be a problem either for older children. I did add a trailer hitch for a cargo carrier to the car, just in case we are hauling a Runner, or a load of extra stuff. While the trunk is big, kids stuff adds up quick, and April to Oct we travel to the beach house nearly every weekend, it's a nice safeguard for room (personally I hate roof-racks on cars like this).

Feel free to PM or email me if you have more questions.
KG