WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   SS13' - Recoil vs Shredtown for cable riding! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=801590)

John88 04-01-2014 3:29 AM

SS13' - Recoil vs Shredtown for cable riding!

Hey everyone,

I am looking for reviews / opinions on 2 SS 13' sets which i consider buying for cable riding:
a) Recoil + Rad boot
b) Shredtown + Shredtown boot

Now I don't know much about SS, and I have never tried them, as they are not popular around where I live. I am focusing on cable riding, and I doubt that will change within the next few years.

My was mostly air trick oriented, but I aim to move to improve on obstacles a lot this season, so I immediately thought of SS, mostly because of some edits / vids I've seen tbh :)

My question is, which set would be better for cable riding and a good balance of air tricks and obstacle riding?

I'd highly appreciate any information about this equipment, or possible suggestions!

Cheers,
JP

boardjnky4 04-01-2014 6:29 AM

The Shredtown setup is pretty much the defacto go-to cable park board in the SS lineup... You can't go wrong there. The Shredtown boots are probably a lot easier to take on and off at the cable park too, and they also are likely much more flexible than the Rad boots.

John88 04-01-2014 7:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boardjnky4 (Post 1871155)
The Shredtown setup is pretty much the defacto go-to cable park board in the SS lineup... You can't go wrong there. The Shredtown boots are probably a lot easier to take on and off at the cable park too, and they also are likely much more flexible than the Rad boots.

Thanks for answering!

I don't really mind the boots, even if the rads are slightly harder to take off. One of the opinions I read was that Shredtown is great for winching and obstacle focus, not so good for air tricks / edging. I'd like to learn how is Recoil in comparison!

dezul 04-01-2014 7:49 AM

John,

Do a search on here and see what people have reviewed them like in the past. I don't think you can go wrong with either setup.

John88 04-01-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezul (Post 1871170)
John,

Do a search on here and see what people have reviewed them like in the past. I don't think you can go wrong with either setup.

I have been doing this for quite a while! :)

My problem is a lot of people have loads of boat experience, or their boat to cable ratio is around 70/30, so they look at different aspects of the board I assume, for eg, the feeling regarding wake to wake ( I am not even sure if im saying that correctly) is an abstract term for me, so I look for anyone cable oriented, air tricks of the corners included.

But I'll keep on browsing!

dezul 04-01-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John88 (Post 1871212)
I have been doing this for quite a while! :)

My problem is a lot of people have loads of boat experience, or their boat to cable ratio is around 70/30, so they look at different aspects of the board I assume, for eg, the feeling regarding wake to wake ( I am not even sure if im saying that correctly) is an abstract term for me, so I look for anyone cable oriented, air tricks of the corners included.

But I'll keep on browsing!

There is a slingshot thread on here from a couple of years that gave a pretty good description of the characteristics of each slingshot board. That is the one I would start with.