WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through October 28, 2007 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=517108)
-   -   Supra speed control (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504553)

showtime 09-26-2007 8:56 AM

any of you have comments on this. <BR> <BR>06' model -- does not have PP but supra's version of speed control. this is not the new smart plate that i am referring to. i do know that it is tach based.. does this work at all??

24_ssv 09-26-2007 9:03 AM

I have an 06' with the same setup and it seems to work pretty well when you are traveling in a straight line. It is RPM based. I have found it to hold speed within +/- 1 mph.

showtime 09-26-2007 9:12 AM

does it work well enough to leave alone, or remove and ad perfect pass? <BR> <BR>when, say you turn a corner, how does that affect it, does it have to be reset?

spicychalupa69 09-26-2007 12:58 PM

hey josh, got your email on my phone, im out of the country right now but thanks for the notice on your boat, congratulations on the sale.

09-26-2007 2:12 PM

I had a 2006 Supra 21v with the easy cruise which you speak of and it worked semi ok in a straight line but if you pulled real hard on the rope it would take 2-3 seconds for the boat to catch up to speed resulting in a lot of slack and very hard to keep line tension. Advanced riders in my did not like the easy cruise at all. It also seems to bog boat down when starting. You can't just floor it and go, the easy cruise starts the boat off slower and when you turn it would never keep the speed. I used it for 3-4 months and ended up getting perfect pass wakeboard pro installed. It was just under $2k for parts and install. I had the dealer do it which costs more but it would be covered under my warranty plans going forward.

09-26-2007 2:16 PM

I left out that if I made a hard turn the boat would literally slow down to 15-16 mph and we'd have to wait for easy cruise to speed the boat up. You can't simply push the throttle forward and accelerate. Once you turn on the easy cruise it dictated and slowed down the speeding up process. Totally night and day difference with Perfect Pass. I'd never recommend the easy cruise to anyone.

tpyle 09-26-2007 2:51 PM

I have a 2006 21V with the EZ Cruise system. I have used it for the past 2 summers and have found it to be good enough 90% of the time. As stated it will slow down in turns and is slow when starting up. However these are both easily compensated for by using the rocker switch that will increase or decrease the rpm. it is much smoother and gives much more control than the throttle lever.

24_ssv 09-26-2007 4:27 PM

The Supra Cruise needs to be reset every time you stop to keep the start from being slow. One other thing, once you engage it you put the throttle all the way down, otherwise it can't keep speed. It is not nearly as good as PP, but for a beginner like my self it is fine. I figure that I can always put the PP in as I progress.

showtime 09-26-2007 6:15 PM

mike, does your boat have a paddle wheel on the boat? i know it does not need it, however, i have been told that a paddle wheel was added to all 06 models from the factory.. just wanted to validate this statement.. looks like i will definitely be adding PP.....

24_ssv 09-27-2007 6:17 AM

It does have the paddle wheel. From what I understand there is no reason to install an additional wheel for PP, you just replace the existing wheel. If you are going to do it yourself, onlyinboards has the best price and is very knowledgeable about each application. You do not need to cut holes in the hull.

showtime 09-27-2007 8:33 AM

PERFECT --thanks for the help--- that's what i was hoping.....