WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Boat shipping (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=801379)

yodd_tost 03-10-2014 5:42 PM

Boat shipping

I just bought a boat in Cali. and I live in seattle/Tacoma area. I am thinking I may want to have it delivered to me. Does anyone have any good shippers that would get the boat up to me? How would I look for somebody to do it? Besides google. Thanks!

03-10-2014 5:53 PM

I've used UShip to ship a car from the east coast to California. Good experience. Shippers bid on your shipment - you can check user feedback, etc. if you put in your shipment ( to and fron) it'll show you similar shipments and costs.

wakereviews 03-10-2014 6:11 PM

I've used uShip many times for boats and will use them again. Make sure the shipper has plenty of user feedback and the account is not new and you should be good to go. Just be very clear about your expectations.

lionel 03-10-2014 6:44 PM

Call Edwin 541-743-3127. He ships lots of boats for us (NW Boat Sports) and he has the insurance you need and is reasonably priced. Tell him Bryan referred you.

lionel 03-10-2014 6:45 PM

Oh and be careful buying sight unseen.

redsupralaunch 03-10-2014 7:02 PM

True Story:eek: - My Son managed a boat dealership in TN. The following was one of the deals

Sells boat to buyer out west, like CA or AZ. Funds and title work are properly exchanged. Buyer is responsible for transportation per purchase agreement. Buyer gets a cheap bid for shipping off some website to ship from TN to CA. Shipper shows up with Jeep Cherokee and hitches up to 24 footer that weighs 5000lbs. Now this was back in 07/08 so the Jeep was older. Son voices concern about towing such weight over long haul. WAIT FOR IT. Shipper says "Not worried, its not my Jeep, and getting paid to deliver to someone else"

My advice use a good reliable company and understand what you are buying.

bstroop 03-10-2014 7:30 PM

I sold my boat and the buyer had it shipped from Oregon to Arizona using Uship. The guy who won the bid was well insured, had a history of successful transports..........and only charged the buyer for the cost of fuel and one night in a hotel.

Some of the people, like this guy, frequently travel certain routes for business or pleasure (snowbirds) and are only looking to offset their trip expenses. The guy who picked up the boat was up in Washington checking on some of his rental properties and was going back to Arizona. He also stopped before the delivery to wash and somewhat detail the boat.

I believe it was about $425 or so.

Dmac420sj 03-10-2014 8:26 PM

Lmao! He did it for free?! That's some crazy tweaker **** right there.

chpthril 03-10-2014 8:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsupralaunch (Post 1867861)
True Story:eek: - My Son managed a boat dealership in TN. The following was one of the deals

Sells boat to buyer out west, like CA or AZ. Funds and title work are properly exchanged. Buyer is responsible for transportation per purchase agreement. Buyer gets a cheap bid for shipping off some website to ship from TN to CA. Shipper shows up with Jeep Cherokee and hitches up to 24 footer that weighs 5000lbs. Now this was back in 07/08 so the Jeep was older. Son voices concern about towing such weight over long haul. WAIT FOR IT. Shipper says "Not worried, its not my Jeep, and getting paid to deliver to someone else"

My advice use a good reliable company and understand what you are buying.

That ranks up there to the U-Ship kid that showed up at my shop to haul a 22ft wake boat boat from NC to somewhere like MN, in a rental pickup with a brand spanking new shiny trailer ball installed on the bumper. It made it intact though! Wasnt my deal, boat was just at my shop.

Dmac420sj 03-10-2014 8:38 PM

Your in Washington seriously if your boats near me ill pick it up and take it for gas hotel for 2 nights and the day if work(350$) and ill go ride stevens pass. Love that place;)

TC_Mastercraf_X5 03-24-2014 11:27 AM

Any idea how much it would cost to ship from Sacramento to Twin cities for a 22 inboard?

nautibouys 03-24-2014 11:40 AM

I shipped from right outside of Sacramento to Fargo on a trailer for $2200. Transport driver blew a seal on his rear end and shot gear oil all over the trailer/boat. He paid to have it detailed when it arrived, but its not uncommon for things to go wrong. Be sure the tires are new on the trailer and the hubs/bearings are done prior to travel or you may have a dented fender from the tire coming apart like my first shipment did. You can probably find more reasonable if you have it towed, but I wanted it trailered to cut down on rock chips...the guy shows up in a 24 foot trailer and scratched the trailer loading it with his winch/grapple anyway...Shipping wars ain't far from the truth on the stuff they show that goes wrong. Most of the haulers will not "baby" your shipment the way all of us would wish or hope...kind of like the guys that load your bags at the airport...

scottb7 03-24-2014 5:56 PM

PM me and I can give you the email address of the person i used off of uship. He brought my boat from texas to minnesota.