WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Wakecraft no more? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=789932)

fuller313 09-01-2011 7:12 PM

Wakecraft no more?

I was flipping through an old issue of Wakeboarding mag and saw the ad for a wakecraft boats and was wondering whatever happened to them. They end up folding? I personally though the boats looked nice.

wakebrdr94 09-01-2011 7:48 PM

Werent they only in australia? Ive never seen one in person

factorykitted 09-01-2011 7:52 PM

I actually got to spend quite a bit of time in and behind a ZR6. Id taken just about any other wakeboat over this boat. Quite expensive for what you get. Seemed real unfinished. Wake was decent with some addtional ballast. The side exhaust was annoying loud and from what i remember it didnt have a captains call.

fifty 09-01-2011 8:33 PM

one on our lake and man.... look like junk! too loud as well. cant remember what the guy paid for it but felt bad for him

bcrider 09-02-2011 9:57 AM

There was a guy here locally in BC that was trying to sell them for a while as well. I didn't really like the looks of them as well and as everybody else said they were too damn loud with the side exhaust. He isn't a dealer anymore as I don't think he ever sold one and ended up getting rid of his own.

polarbill 09-02-2011 11:09 AM

Some where Dan Dulong is crying himself to sleep.

lifetimewarranty 09-02-2011 7:04 PM

In wakecrafts defense...didn't centurion pull the side pipes out first? (I thought is was pretty lame then also - cool on a go-fast loud boat, but on a wakeboat?...)

and somebody here was blasting Sanger for not being on the cutting edge like Centurion....lol

rallyart 09-02-2011 8:26 PM

I like wood.

I don't like noise.

I also like cheese.

Wakecraft still has their website up and the European dealer has a 2011-2012 brochure on his site. (It might be the same as the 2009 one)

polarbill 09-02-2011 9:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifetimewarranty (Post 1706118)
In wakecrafts defense...didn't centurion pull the side pipes out first? (I thought is was pretty lame then also - cool on a go-fast loud boat, but on a wakeboat?...)

and somebody here was blasting Sanger for not being on the cutting edge like Centurion....lol

That would be me that said Sanger isn't cutting edge and it is completely true. It is fine and they have a very loyal following and I would even buy one. The reason Centurion came out with it wasn't to have a cool go-fast boat. It served a purpose since it could be switched from side to side for surfing but I wouldn't want to let facts get in the way of your ownership goggles.

lifetimewarranty 09-02-2011 11:34 PM

lol brett Ownership goggles...well, I guess I have em. Wouldn't you want to have the ideal boat also?

bullit 09-07-2011 1:14 PM

I am the guy in Abbotsford

Wakecraft is still building boats and has survived the meltdown so far. As far as selling boats, I have focused back on my "real" job and I am waiting for 2012 Wakecraft. I have also sold other brands of boats which include Tige, Malibu, and Centurion and from my experience Wakecraft has equal or better quality to any of these brands. Only difference is that a Wakecraft has a better wake without additional ballast.

factorykitted 09-07-2011 1:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullit (Post 1706913)
Wakecraft is still building boats and has survived the meltdown so far. As far as selling boats, I have focused back on my "real" job and I am waiting for 2012 Wakecraft. I have also sold other brands of boats which include Tige, Malibu, and Centurion and from my experience Wakecraft has equal or better quality to any of these brands. Only difference is that a Wakecraft has a better wake without additional ballast.

Yeah that spray painted yellow subwoofer grill on that ZR6 sure was superior to anything ive seen..:rolleyes:

jbird 09-07-2011 4:16 PM

Why doesn't the OP just give em a call and ask? They are one of the finest built boats today!