WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through June 22, 2004 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=176251)
-   -   Broken Tower Bolt Question (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174621)

rvh3 06-15-2004 8:13 PM

My neighbor has a 2000 Centurion Air Warrior. One of the tower feet bolts broke and needs to be replaced. We removed the seat back to access the area where the tower footing attaches to the hull. We found that the area is enclosed with fiberglass. Does anyone know how the tower (Pro-flight) attaches to the boat? I don't want to cut a hole in the fiberglass to access it without knowing what I'm getting myself into. Any info. is appreciated.....

gib 06-15-2004 11:00 PM

Rod give Pro-Flight a call. They helped me out when one of my tower bolts broke. See if they will send you some free bolts also. I was able to talk them into sending me some for free. Hope this helps.

gymboarder 06-16-2004 9:21 AM

Rod, <BR>On my avalanche I can access all my bolts from my interion. I would call Proflight or Centurion for help.

krbaugh 06-16-2004 1:03 PM

I would think you could get to the bolts from inside the passenger storage compartment

bob 06-16-2004 8:27 PM

sounds to me like a drill bit and a screw extractor/ez out are in order if the backing plate is glassed in

monstertower 06-16-2004 9:43 PM

A lot of the newer boats, especially on the rear legs, are glassing in a 1" thick backing plate. The holes are then drilled and tapped for the tower. I have not seen this on front bases but sounds like it is in the back, definately call Centurion also.

rvh3 06-17-2004 5:26 AM

Thanks for the input. I'll have them call Centurion. I was thinking the backing plate might be glassed in, but wasn't sure.

rvh3 06-20-2004 4:22 PM

Update: We folded the tower down to take the other bolt out and remove the footing. It appears that the backing plate isn't glassed in. I stuck a screwdiver down the hole through the hull 10" and found nothing. I then tried to back off the other bolt to take the footing off and it would turn but not loosen. I then tried the same thing on the driver side rear footing and they turned but would not loosen or tighten down. They would just spin. It appears that the footings are just mounted with a bolt, washer, and a nut. Has anyone seen this before? Also, if the area is glassed in, how did they install the tower bolts. My neighbor went to Delta Sport Boats where the boat was purchased and was informed that the tower isn't factory. I'm totally confused on how to find out who installed the tower and how it was installed.

krbaugh 06-20-2004 7:49 PM

Not sure what you would find in a boat that did not have the tower installed at the factory. <BR>Factory towers have a piece of composite material that backs up where the tower bolts to the deck. Then a bolt and nut and washer is used throught the fiberglass and composite material. <BR>

monstertower 06-21-2004 7:27 AM

You may be able to remove a seat back, speaker or something else in that area to get access, but it sounds like you definately need to get back there to replace the bolt.