WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Video: JD Webb and Scott Stewart (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802764)

ironj32 07-17-2014 8:32 AM

Video: JD Webb and Scott Stewart

Scott Stewart and JD Webb spent a few days up here in Minnesota, back in June. Here's a little piece I put together from their water time here. If you've never seen Scott ride in person, this video does not do him justice...he goes absolutely huge with everything he does.

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/100669942" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/100669942">mn fun with scott and jd</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user645494">jay</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

hawkeye7708 07-17-2014 10:49 AM

Great video, Jay! it shows that big air VERY well

brett33 07-17-2014 11:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That was awesome. Talk about two dudes throwing down. That sunset double SS hit was nasty!

CRS_mi 07-17-2014 11:40 AM

Great vid. Love watching both those guys ride. I've really been looking seriously at buying the Webb board but I only ride boat and the fact that I never see him riding it behind the boat anymore instead of his B-side makes me a bit hessitant.

hyperlite 07-17-2014 12:25 PM

Corey the Webb board is a good board for boat. I have both the b-side and the Webb. They just suit different styles and different wake types, IMO. But no doubt the Webb is solid.

It could also be a preference thing for him as well.

brhanley 07-17-2014 12:34 PM

Legit method to Switch Method opener for JD = super unique and badass.

LYNRDSKYNRD 07-17-2014 12:58 PM

What's the name of the video on vimeo I can't get it to play from the forum.

ironj32 07-17-2014 1:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYNRDSKYNRD (Post 1885148)
What's the name of the video on vimeo I can't get it to play from the forum.

"mn fun with scott and jd"

LYNRDSKYNRD 07-17-2014 1:43 PM

Thanks!

wakedaveup 07-17-2014 1:47 PM

I think it'd be really cool to see a Scott Stewart and Kieth Lyman video riding together. Those two guys take everything into the flats and have such similar riding styles. Keith has always been one of my favorite riders and Scott is quickly jumping up there too.

ironj32 07-17-2014 2:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakedaveup (Post 1885159)
I think it'd be really cool to see a Scott Stewart and Kieth Lyman video riding together. Those two guys take everything into the flats and have such similar riding styles. Keith has always been one of my favorite riders and Scott is quickly jumping up there too.

Agreed. I love seeing big 'ol backside 180s into the flats. Not only is Scott a great rider, he's one of the nicest guys you'll meet. As is JD. They both spent 5 days with my wife and I, and it was nothing but a good time.

spencercoon 07-17-2014 4:12 PM

So good! Scott stewart is really fun to watch. JD as well. He seems to have really stepped up his game lately. I think his style and tech tricks are on a whole new level.

hyperlite 07-18-2014 8:11 AM

JD and scott both are great guys. JD seems to have found a whole new side to his career, and with his daughter being born it seems to be his main motivation. Bummer HL couldnt hold on to scott and had to let him go.

fullspeed 07-18-2014 9:19 AM

Scott was a great additon to the Sling Shot Team. He goes huge and it is on a Flex Board, in case the Sling Shot haters were not paying attention. lol JD is going off and his style is alway fun to watch. Thanks for sharing the footage.

spencercoon 07-18-2014 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullspeed (Post 1885256)
Scott was a great addition to the Sling Shot Team. He goes huge and it is on a Flex Board, in case the Sling Shot haters were not paying attention.

Not sure who "all the slingshot haters" are but there are plenty of us that aren't sold on the whole "flex is best" theory for behind the boat. I think slingshot is currently leading the industry in their board construction materials and quality. They also offer a couple of "stiffer" boards specific to riding mainly behind the boat.....which should tell you something...

FYI- all boards flex a little

SORRY FOR THE THREAD JACK...don't want to steer the comments away from the great Vid.

hawkeye7708 07-19-2014 7:45 AM

One thing I would be curious about from Scott would be if and how the feel of thinner / lighter profile of Slingshot compared to say ,the Murray board is when you're going THAT big. I know when I went from a more traditional profile to the slingshot profile it felt much different…. and I'm no Scott! haha

bill 07-19-2014 8:10 AM

he is riding a bigger board than he normally does to offset the landings I believe he told me.. hes on a 143 and he used to ride a 139

CRS_mi 07-19-2014 8:16 AM

When he was on the Murray or Union he was using the 142. He likes bigger boards.

ironj32 07-19-2014 8:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeye7708 (Post 1885339)
One thing I would be curious about from Scott would be if and how the feel of thinner / lighter profile of Slingshot compared to say ,the Murray board is when you're going THAT big. I know when I went from a more traditional profile to the slingshot profile it felt much different…. and I'm no Scott! haha

His board with SS is quite heavy and not nearly as flexy as the typical SS boards. It was actually much, much heavier than my Code22.

hawkeye7708 07-19-2014 9:15 AM

Interesting… I wonder if they've added some extra glass to his Reflex… or maybe it's just the graphic that's Reflex

bill 07-19-2014 10:33 AM

he says its a prototype

andy_nintzel 07-21-2014 6:37 AM

AWESOME Vid Jay! Nice work homie.

There is a great lesson in this video of how to fully ride up the wake! Both guys especially Stewart are using every inch of that wake, so patient with it and getting all the lift humanly possible.

monkey_butt 07-21-2014 8:21 AM

this is the stuff I could watch all day sitting in the boat and never have the urge to ride myself ... then I would cry myself to sleep ... still hit the rewind button around 1:00 when he's falling and not falling ...