WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through November 07, 2008 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=644838)
-   -   Accurate rope device (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=639378)

mucktoerider 10-25-2008 10:50 AM

I saw a thread a while back about the new rope adjuster thingy majig. Anyone actually have pictures of this new device. I guess they had one at the surf expo. Just curious. Any info is appreciated.

ponder86 10-25-2008 1:10 PM

It comes with an 80' line that you can adjust to any length you want. I saw it up in Tahoe when the I was up there for the showing of the 09 HO/Hyperlite/Accurate gear. I'll try and get some pics.

mucktoerider 10-25-2008 5:03 PM

thanks np3. I am really curious to see if it is a large device, compact..etc.etc.

hco 10-25-2008 5:39 PM

If you know how to tie knots you dont need this, but I guess it's nice to get something like that with your new line.

mucktoerider 10-26-2008 4:29 PM

I heard from Hyperlite. That as long as you can gain a lil slack between the boat and the rider you can actually adjust the rope while still in tow. Now I think that is cool. I don't know how many times I had to stop and adjust the length this past season for different kinds of tricks and what not. So if this is true...that we can make a length change while motoring along...this could be really cool.

ponder86 10-27-2008 12:07 AM

It's a fairly small device prob about 4-5 inches long and it has a couple of holes for the rope to run through...you pull out a portion of it to change the rope length and then push it back in to secure it

wakerider111 10-27-2008 9:58 AM

scott firman, <BR> <BR>that sounds interesting, but now i immagine some person getting their finger cut off 'cause they were too slow... but then i have never seen the divice, so what do i know fore sure...

hco 10-27-2008 11:48 AM

Yeah, some dumbass will definitely lose a couple digits, I hope accurate has enough warning labels on their stuff that they can avoid the lawsuit.

sheehan 10-27-2008 12:01 PM

Personally I think it's a great idea. <BR>I ride with a lot of friends who aren't that great and don't have their own stuff, and obviously they aren't going to ride as long a rope as I do. <BR>This will save me from constantly changing ropes... <BR>Their won't be 4 ropes laying on the floor tangled up. <BR>Let me know if/when you guys get these in Nick, and I'll buy one.

tuneman 10-27-2008 12:14 PM

Just shorten your long rope. Why do you need 4 ropes?

ponder86 10-27-2008 1:10 PM

We're getting a couple in....I know we ordered some, not sure how many or if it was for the first or second order, but I'll let you know when they come in

mucktoerider 10-28-2008 6:40 PM

np3 Let me know as well when they come in. You can send me a personal email with info. Thanks...appreciate it.

ponder86 10-29-2008 8:45 AM

No problem...I just checked our order and we have 2 coming in on the first order date and they run $149.99 for the device with an 80 ft mainline...We should be getting them in a few wks I imagine, I'll let you know when they come in.

wakeslife 10-29-2008 12:09 PM

Not to be a downer but I think if the price was just a bit lower they would sell a whole lot more of these. I'd love to pick one up, but being able to buy a top of the line rope AND handle for about the same price, its sort of out of the picture.

hco 10-29-2008 12:16 PM

I personally think rope prices are just plain stupid, you can find bullet lines for about 45$ a pop if you are patient enough, and sure it may not look as cool, have a crazy name, or the spectra coating may not be as of high quality, but it saves me enough money for me not to care. Markup on ropes is absolutely ridiculous.

brucemac 10-29-2008 1:50 PM

so you have to buy these with the line then? come on!

ponder86 10-29-2008 2:07 PM

yeah...other lines with the extensions wont fit the holes of the rope shortner...it's just one solid 80 ft line with no extensions

brucemac 10-29-2008 2:29 PM

that makes sense then i guess. i thought it was something that you could add to any line.

ponder86 10-29-2008 2:56 PM

no it has its own specific line...the device is actually pretty cool and really easy to use...Murray started using it at his camp for teaching students with a wide range of ability to speed things up and not have a bunch of ropes on the boat...you can get different colored sharpie's and make marks on the rope for where you ride, your friend, and so on.

vlxray 10-29-2008 5:46 PM

I agree with Dan about rope prices. I mean $120 for an Accurate A-Line? Give me a break. I actually bought one back when I was making some serious dough but looking back I can't believe I payed that for a flippin' wakeboard line. Its a great line but I don't see why it should be that expensive. This is definitely a rich dude's sport.

tuneman 10-30-2008 6:25 AM

How about an 80+ foot line with no shortening loops and without the adjuster thingy. Then just tie it where you need it. That would keep costs down. <BR> <BR>It's so flippin' easy to shorten a rope, and to do it knot free, that these gimicky things are just that.

driving 10-30-2008 6:48 AM

It is really easy to shorten a rope, but most of the world has a hard enough time knowing which end to put through the loop first, much less tie a special knot. <BR> <BR>The shortener is pretty cool. We used it at the camp for a while an really liked it. Unfortunately it was the only one they had at the time and took it back. I think a lot of people will be really into it.